VIN# 7788

900ss
http://www.speedymoto.com/gallery/images/IMG_1075_001.jpg

740late
07-01-2006, 12:49 PM
Any more info than that?:confused:

Mr.Robotto
07-01-2006, 01:53 PM
How did they steal it without the keys? I thought the bike wouldn't start, or was it carried off?

DucatiDeals.com
07-01-2006, 05:59 PM
It had a U-lock through front wheel and it was chained to a pole inside a parking garage with restricted access...
WTF

Please contact MotoCorsa with any info.
Thanks

Jasper
07-02-2006, 06:16 AM
It's a very distinctive duc, give photos to all the bike shops and ask them to post them up. And check ebay for parts!

ddix
07-02-2006, 04:06 PM
I am offering a $3,000.00 reward for the return of this bike and any information leading to the arrest and conviciton of person or persons responsible. The body work is shark skin and the front headlights are in the air scoops, the large stock headlight is not installed. Perhaps the main feature is the aft tail section of the frame,as you can see in the photo it has been modified extensively. On the right hand side of the frame in the front (on the top trellis) there is a dent that was made by contact with the front fork leg. The rear carbon fiber fender has a 1/2" hole in it on the right side Any information would be greatly appriciated. David Dix 503 720 6569

ddix
07-03-2006, 11:48 PM
This bike was seen in Vancover Washington today (July 3 2006). Any help form Vancover or Portland members would be realy appreciated. $3,000.00 reward
call 503 720 6569 0r 503 380 4223. If you see this bike call 911 first! Licence plate (under the seat) Oregon M487479

Jasper
07-04-2006, 07:28 AM
That's interesting. So he steals it and is still riding it just across the river. I think it's safe to assume he isn't a rocket scientist, the odds for recovery are looking better.

flyingducman
07-04-2006, 08:47 AM
That's interesting. So he steals it and is still riding it just across the river. I think it's safe to assume he isn't a rocket scientist, the odds for recovery are looking better.He may not know it's stolen at all, or if he does, he may not know where from if he bought it from the actual thief.

This would actually be good because he'll probably continue to ride it until he gets nailed :happy44: .

yarjammer
07-04-2006, 03:09 PM
He may not know it's stolen at all, or if he does, he may not know where from if he bought it from the actual thief.

This would actually be good because he'll probably continue to ride it until he gets nailed :happy44: .

Someone should put fliers up at or around gas stations (he's got to go to one eventually) in that area. The $3K reward will be awful tempting after a fill up or the low wage guy behind the counter:evilgrin3
If it is a guy who unknowingly bought stolen property there is a decent chance of recovery...unless its a squid. Good luck to you. I sincerely hope you get it back in one piece. I have never been a huge fan of SS's but that one is very sharp.

ducmons
07-04-2006, 04:07 PM
David,

That really sucks about your bike. I'm in up in Seattle, and don't have any info, but if the bike was seen in portland, why don't you offer / organize a ride to scope out the area. Maybe get DucatiDeals to help promote the ride. Meet at their shop, and leave from there, then all meet back 3 or 4hrs later and buy folks pizza to thank them. Who knows. If you get a large group, this idiot might hear them and decide to bring out the bike for a spin. - I hope you get the bike back, and I hope this idiot gets what he deserves.

Good luck my friend

58TypeDuc
07-05-2006, 01:04 AM
I am down in Portland now and have the info so will be on the look out for sure. Will be in the Couv too. Let me see him get past me!

ddix
07-05-2006, 09:59 PM
Stolen Ducati recovered thanks to Portland Police. Will post details tommorow after I see the bike.
Thanks for all your support. David

Jasper
07-06-2006, 03:24 AM
Good deal! Hopefully she's aOK and hasn't been abused. I hope they caught the bastard, kidnapping and rape are serious crimes.

Apostate
07-06-2006, 05:55 AM
Good deal! Hopefully she's aOK and hasn't been abused. I hope they caught the bastard, kidnapping and rape are serious crimes.

Ditto, hope the bike's okay. And absolutely fitting charges for what those brainless feckwits do to other people's ladies.

ddix
07-06-2006, 09:37 PM
I would like to thank you all for your support. The bike was recoverd today.
It's been beat hard, spray painted black,the windshield and front fairing broke etc, and who knows what other damage. The engine is a 944 with ST cams etc, flat slide carbs and full term exhaust. Less than 1500 miles on it since rebuild, so that will need to come apart for complete inspection etc.The good news is (unofficialy) the Portland police did a high speed chase through SE Portland after a robbery attempt by the rider. The person has been arrested and charged with robbery, possesion of a stolen vehical etc. The bike will take alot of work but we think it is worth saving. It is my sons first bike and that of course makes it very special. Once again thanks.
"Ride safe" David (bigdixracing)

bob wells
07-06-2006, 09:44 PM
Will it be impounded as evidence or will you get it imediately? How will you be compensated?

Hope it works out!

Aloha

Mr.Robotto
07-06-2006, 09:51 PM
I know it's probably inappropriate for me to ask, and I don't mean to be insensitive; but first of all, I'm happy that you got your bike back. :)

But I'm still wondering how he was able to drive it around with the Ducati key system. Or did that bike not have the security feature of the newer bikes? I was under the impression that the only way the engine will start up is with the right key, period. (Aside from the code)

It appears you found the bike intact, meaning it wasn't scrapped for parts, and so I'm still confused on how the perp was able to ride the bike around.

yarjammer
07-06-2006, 10:20 PM
I don't think the early 90's bikes were any more difficult to steal than a car.

I'm glad to hear the bike was recovered. It is a shame such a beautiful bike has been defaced in such a way. I sincerely hope there is nothing beyond the cosmetic damage. It was insured, wasn't it?

740late
07-06-2006, 10:26 PM
Can you get a few minutes alone with the guy.:Fighting2

Sharkey
07-07-2006, 06:41 AM
Can you get a few minutes alone with the guy.:Fighting2

Can we all get a few minutes alone with him; who knows it could have been any one of us.

Glad you got the bike back. However he underestimated how much people luv their Ducs. Maybe he should have gone after a different make... :evilgrin3

S

monsterbzl
07-09-2006, 01:51 PM
Terrible crime. The bike looks like absolute shit at this point (having seen it myself at motocorsa). Rattle can black over the ducati stickers, the rear seat cover gone, all the locks punched, paper clip in the fuel lock, broken levers/fairings, and just generally beat to shit. I know kevin well and he took care of that thing like nothing else. really a shame, but hopefully insurance will pick up all the repairs!

as for the "how was it stolen" stuff, it was too old to have the immobilizor stuff in it.