PDA

View Full Version : '04 620 Monster PCiii Q's

yarjammer
09-08-2006, 07:02 PM
Does anyone have a decent temp PCiii map I could use untill I can get the bike properly dyno'd? I'm running cored stock pipes, K&N pods, and 87 octane gas.
If not:

How bad am I going to F' my bike if I run w/o the PCiii till I get it in? (The ECU was calibrated for a half-open airbox and DP "Old Style" Conti's off a M900.) Will one of the basic "freebie" maps from the Power Commander website suffice as a temp?

T.I.A.

Crash
09-09-2006, 08:39 AM
almost any map you use will be fine for a temp because most of them will be richer than the factory one. and since you have not messed with cams or displacement you should be fine until you get the bike dyno'd and you can just richen up the unit your self. until then as well. just follow the instruction that came with it. you'll be fine.

chris.

yarjammer
09-09-2006, 12:38 PM
Thanks. Hopefully I can get the pods and PCiii installed before the DOC mtg.

limey
09-10-2006, 10:46 PM
Just had a new map done for mine, K&N Pods, Remus pipes, bog standard everything else. It evened out just about the whole show, prior to that the bottom rpm were rich and the top end weak. :scared10: Having holed a piston on a different bike that was weak at top end, I had to get mine done. If you would like I can send a copy of my map, it might be nearer to the mark than what comes with the PCIII.