PDA

View Full Version : Newbie S2R owner

Sieg
12-08-2006, 06:58 PM
I've been a lurker for some time while planning my purchase, just sold my KTM 950 Adventure Saturday and purchased a used '06 S2R 1000 blk/wht on Sunday. I've been a rider since 1970 with a major in off-road and a minor in sport bike and atv. Besides rejuvinating of sport bike career I'm working on another minor in trials riding.

I came home tonight to find a large mail envelope with a "baby shower gift" which included the new Desmo NW calendar (which is exceptional), Desmo NW, Ducati Performance die-cuts, Desmo Owners Club 2006 patch, pin, and decal, and a Ducati Seattle key chain from my number one friend Scott Wilcox.

There's a couple tears in my eye as I type, please excuse me................
Ducati is an icon in the industry and this little monster has heart and sole like no other road bike I've owned.

Anyway, I truly look forward to riding north and meeting all you Seattle Duc riders at a Desmo NW event in the warm future.

Until we meet on two wheels, best regards,
Sieg

ducmons
12-08-2006, 07:02 PM
Congratulations on the new bike ! You'll have lots of fun on that beast. Welcome to Desmo Northwest amigo.

swassociates
12-08-2006, 07:48 PM
Welcome to Desmo Northwest amigo.

Did you say amigo?

Let me tell you about this guy. When I came back from Australia in 1982 this was the first guy I became friends with. I brought back 2 Honda CB1100RC's which were about the most exotic bikes on earth at the time. They were built to win the Castrol 6 Hour in Oz. This guy helped me ring the neck of one of them. He's been like a brother ever since. I'm happy to see I have a Monster to ride now when I'm in Eugene.

Welcome to the Mafia

Norton992
12-08-2006, 07:49 PM
Welcome to the fold. Now you need to make some hints for Christmas presents from places like Speedy Moto or your nearest Ducati Dealer.

Scottsst
12-08-2006, 10:20 PM
congrats on the new monster ! have fun with it

Sieg
12-09-2006, 02:13 AM
Congratulations on the new bike ! You'll have lots of fun on that beast. Welcome to Desmo Northwest amigo. Thanks Hombre!

Did you say amigo?

Let me tell you about this guy. When I came back from Australia in 1982 this was the first guy I became friends with. I brought back 2 Honda CB1100RC's which were about the most exotic bikes on earth at the time. They were built to win the Castrol 6 Hour in Oz. This guy helped me ring the neck of one of them. He's been like a brother ever since. I'm happy to see I have a Monster to ride now when I'm in Eugene.

Welcome to the Mafia
OK, you can ride the S2R, but only if I get to ring the neck of one of your Metro's.

Welcome to the fold. Now you need to make some hints for Christmas presents from places like Speedy Moto or your nearest Ducati Dealer.
Visiting Speedy Moto and Arun on Tuesday........Black 5 Spoke cover, gold Kukri pressure plate, Black caps and spring set and ?????

congrats on the new monster ! have fun with it
Thank you - It's love at first ride so far, bike has Spark's mid-pipe w/ stock cans, PCIII w/ a dyno'd tuned map and K&N filter, it has docile power and good torque curve which should prove very enjoyable.

Now all I need is patience:
http://wwwa.accuweather.com/forecast.asp?partner=accuweather&myadc=0&traveler=1&zipcode=97477&metric=0

Davidé
12-09-2006, 08:22 AM
Off to a great start it seems! Congrats!