PDA

View Full Version : Ceramic Coating

beyote
01-01-2007, 07:58 PM
Where is the best place to get ceramic exhaust coating?

I would prefer the metalic dark silver coloring.

swassociates
01-01-2007, 08:00 PM
Performance Coatings, an official DNW DesmoQuatro Sponsor. Discounts are available for paid club members.

Jeremy
01-02-2007, 08:47 AM
Performance Coatings, an official DNW DesmoQuatro Sponsor. Discounts are available for paid club members.

+1

They did my headers and S-Pipes on the Monster. Looks awesome!

Jim is Cool
01-02-2007, 12:29 PM

You don't need to be a paid member, just tell them you're part of Desmo Northwest and you'll get the discount.

Brads a good guy and a local racer, he'll treat you right.

dmurrey
01-02-2007, 02:47 PM
We all agree - Performance Coatings is the place to go. Brad does all of our Leo Vince Ti systems inside and out on the race bikes, and it is great for better flow and heat reduction around the shock and seat. It cools down quick too.

They have a variety of colors and finishes.

-Darren

ducmons
01-09-2007, 09:07 AM
anyone have an idea on cost on a set of sbk full system pipes?

swassociates
01-09-2007, 09:23 AM
You don't need to be a paid member, just tell them you're part of Desmo Northwest and you'll get the discount.

Jim Is Cool

A proud member of the DesmoNorthwest welfare system.

Jeremy
01-09-2007, 10:07 AM

Not sure about SBK, but the headers and S pipes for my Monster cost $110 + tax. No discount...I didn't know they were a sponsor at the time.

SBK system shouldn't be much more.

Jim is Cool
01-09-2007, 10:15 AM
Jim Is Cool

A proud member of the DesmoNorthwest welfare system.

And your point being?

ducmons
01-09-2007, 10:37 AM
And your point being?

The point being that "Brads a good guy and a local racer, he'll treat you right." - The fact is, he is a cool guy, and he'll treat everyone right. It's not just his business to do so, but really does care to do a good job. Scott was just pointing out the fact he values our community enough to help support the very site that allows all of us to coverse on. Which is why it was mentioned that he was a DesmoQuatro sponsor, to give him credit for the sponsorship if this very fourm. There has been much concern by other sponsors regarding this very topic, where folks will just throw out the name in hopes of a discount. It has actually jeopardized the very discount that members enjoy. No offense was meant, and everyone is entitled to a good deal, lets just not cheapen what our sponsors do for the club. It's also okay to let everyone know you are part of Desmo Northwest. There is nothing wrong with that either. In the future, dealers will be cross checking membership id's to verify discounts. More info on changes to our system will be available in the next DOC Newsletter.

ducmons
01-09-2007, 10:45 AM
Not sure about SBK, but the headers and S pipes for my Monster cost $110 + tax. No discount...I didn't know they were a sponsor at the time.

SBK system shouldn't be much more.

Thank you Jeremy. I really want to have my pipes clear coated, I just remember how much of a pain it was to install them (very snug fit). I guess the benefit is they run cooler. Maybe I should wait to get a blue flame look to them first before I ceramic coat them? or do you think even after I ceramic coat them, they would still get hot enough to change color? if I was really into performance I wouldn't care....I guess that makes me a poser. :)

swassociates
01-09-2007, 11:02 AM
I want to familiarize you with the concept of humor. I was making a joke. The joke however goes to a larger point though, that membership in DNW has benefits. Benefits that supporting members and sponsors PAY for. Performance Coatings is a fine business and Brad is a great guy. A great guy that continues to support DesmoNorthwest. He has granted discounts to paid members. That is my point.

And your point being?

martino
01-09-2007, 11:29 AM
I think I paid for mine $120 or $150

Ric Caley
01-09-2007, 12:24 PM
I had the headers and up pipes coated on my S2R 1000 at Kool Koat in Langley, BC for $150 cdn, and loved the job... pipes are way cooler, and cool down to touchable in about a minute afer shutdown. That's important if you keep your bike under a cover... no melt downs. Lots of colours are coming out... I especially like the new copperhead colour at Jet-Hot :
http://www.jet-hot.com/Pages/colors.html -
I intend to get a Quat-D Ex Box system for my Monster and get the copperhead coating on it... Jet-Hot quoted me $150 usd ...
http://www.motowheels.com/italian/myproducts.cfm?parentcategoryid=660%7CDucati%20Exh austs&productID=4706&showDetail=1&categoryID=671|Monster%20Exhausts&vendoridtodisplay=60%7CQuat%2DD&filterFor=&collection=168%7CEuropean%20Motorcycle%20Parts

Check out the amazing deals Moto-Wheels has on now... some very signifigant bargains to be had... especially the Fresco Ti stuff.

Jim is Cool
01-09-2007, 04:01 PM
I want to familiarize you with the concept of humor. I was making a joke. The joke however goes to a larger point though, that membership in DNW has benefits. Benefits that supporting members and sponsors PAY for. Performance Coatings is a fine business and Brad is a great guy. A great guy that continues to support DesmoNorthwest. He has granted discounts to paid members. That is my point.

Actually, I'm the one that called Brad and got you all the discount, he's not going to check your "membership" if you're part of a Motorcycle club, tell him, he'll treat you right.

I think I'm done here, I'll see you guys at the track.