PDA

View Full Version : Tech Night @ Eastside Motosports (Jan 24, 2007)

motodave
01-09-2007, 04:18 PM
Eastside Motosports Tech nights are back. January 24th we will hosting a Ducati tech night that will cover Valve inspection / adjustment procedures and belt maintenance. We will get started at 6:30 pm with food and drinks provided from 6:00pm on. We should be wrapping it up around 9:00 pm. Please RSVP to dave@eastsidemotosports.com or pete@eastsidemotosports.com Be prepared to have a great informative evening. Thanks.:)

wwahl
01-09-2007, 04:32 PM
Hey Dave,
Are you going to have a 1098 available to work on?
Ciao!
Bill

motodave
01-09-2007, 06:24 PM
I wish:( , I was just talking to our service rep and he said getting one for our service update for dealers may be kind of hard unless one of those customers would like to donate their bike for a day.;)

wsuduc
01-09-2007, 08:57 PM
Dang, this will be an awesome tech night to attend! Unfortunately I am going to the WMRRA general meeting that night at 7:30. Maybe I can attend a bit of both.

wwahl
01-10-2007, 08:33 PM
Feel free to use my 1098s (of course you will have to find it if it hasn't arrived yet!).
Ciao!
Bill

cptnsaveaho
01-10-2007, 09:57 PM
Thats my wifes birthday do u think she would like to go for a b day present hahaha:happy57:

Jeremy
01-10-2007, 10:04 PM
Thats my wifes birthday do u think she would like to go for a b day present hahaha:happy57:

Just buy her a fancy Ducati shirt while you're there. All will be forgiven! :D

I'm almost afraid to go to this. I adjusted the valves on my M900 last Spring...might find out I did something wrong!! :scared10: :p

Scottsst
01-10-2007, 10:08 PM
I will love to go. I remeber the last tech night they covered this same topic it will be good to see how much I forgot !

ducmons
01-14-2007, 10:48 AM
This event has been added to the Events Calendar (http://www.desmonorthwest.com/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=168&day=2007-1-24).

I want to remind folks that the event calendar has a couple neat tools.
1) a reminder. visit the event and if you want to attend but are forgetful, you can select to have a reminder sent to you. :)
2) You can also select if you will be attending.

http://www.cmykmedia.com/desmonorthwest/desmo%20newsletters/2007/Assets/Ads/Ad_eastside_tech_night.gif

motodave
01-17-2007, 07:43 PM
Please dont forget to RSVP dave@eastsidemotosports.com if you plan on attending, it will be a very interesting evening and maybe even an eye opener to some of you. :D

ducmons
01-18-2007, 02:15 PM
Please dont forget to RSVP dave@eastsidemotosports.com if you plan on attending, it will be a very interesting evening and maybe even an eye opener to some of you. :D

can you take RSVP's based on the events calendar we set up?
http://www.desmonorthwest.com/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=168&day=2007-1-24

austin
01-18-2007, 03:09 PM
This sucks... I had really wanted to attend this event, but realized last night that it's during my class, so I can't.

It's a great opportunity though, maybe it can set the pace for future tech nights!

Austin

motodave
01-18-2007, 04:13 PM
can you take RSVP's based on the events calendar we set up?
http://www.desmonorthwest.com/forums...&day=2007-1-24
I suppose we can but i do hand out certifcate's of attendance and unless you want your online handle on your certifcate.... well you get the idea :happy57:

ducmons
01-18-2007, 10:37 PM
I suppose we can but i do hand out certifcate's of attendance and unless you want your online handle on your certifcate.... well you get the idea :happy57:

that certainly works for me. Thanks.

cyber3d
01-19-2007, 01:47 PM
valve stuff - sounds good to me. I'll be there.
Victor Osaka:D

martys
01-24-2007, 02:10 PM
so where do we go at EMS tonight? front door, back door?

thx.

ducmons
01-24-2007, 10:24 PM
i had a blast tonight, and I learned some really cool stuff, not sure I'll do my own valves, but it was a great session, and it was great to see many familiar faces and make new friends. You all looked so pretty and well behaved just sitting in your chairs before the session... :p

Props to Eastside Motosports and MotoDave for leading a great tech night. Thumbs up !!!

so who else had a good time?

kurtfriedrich
01-24-2007, 10:44 PM
i had a blast tonight, and I learned some really cool stuff, not sure I'll do my own valves, but it was a great session, and it was great to see many familiar faces and make new friends. You all looked so pretty and well behaved just sitting in your chairs before the session... :p

Props to Eastside Motosports and MotoDave for leading a great tech night. Thumbs up !!!

so who else had a good time?

I was impressed that all the EMS folks were willing to hang around after work and answer all the stupid questions I asked! I am definately a little more glad I have donated to them twice now (ST3 and 749).

Kurt

kamran
01-24-2007, 10:59 PM
Thanks Dave for a great eve of tech session...these sessions are very helpful from simple exposure to the basic mechanics of these bikes to more detailed informations presented.

Norton992
01-24-2007, 11:19 PM
A big thank you to Dave and and his mechanics who really helped us learn a least a few tricks about the internal parts of a desmo. The food was an excellent addition seeing as how I did not eat beforehand.

martys
01-24-2007, 11:30 PM
A very informative night in a very friendly atmosphere. Getting this close to partially dismantled bikes and watching Dave and Bardsley work them with the ease of tieing their shoes only reinforced my perspective that beyond changing the oil and plugs, this type of work is best left to "the professionals". :happy57:

Thanks a bunch Dave, this was time well spent. Thumbs up!

cyber3d
01-25-2007, 12:27 AM
Tech Night @ Eastside Motosports was great! I missed the food - drats! But, there were lots of Ducatista and bikes to inspect. Very helpful tech sessions and handouts. Between all the techs they have many decades of experience! Awesome work guys.

Victor
98 748

beyote
01-25-2007, 12:39 AM
I hauled butt and raced up to Bellevue to make it on time, and I am so thankful that I did.

I not only had a great time, but I learned quite bit, became a little bit more familiar w the service of a desmo, and love the community that much more.

Next month, ladies and gentlemen, for suspension.

I have to thank you Moto Dave, you rule.

Your hospitality was amazing, your knowledge and answers were second to none, and your food was yummy too.

Bong
01-25-2007, 08:13 AM
A big thanks to Dave and crew at Eastside:happy23:

Very organized, well thought out and so generous of the crew to stay after work to demonstrate and answer all our questions.

Dave even went out of his way to hand out a how-to cd for all things working on motorcycles.

Thanks again!!

KyuzoDaimyo
01-25-2007, 08:36 AM
At the risk of piling on the praise, I cannot thank you guys enough for putting on that event. I have been to similar events when I lived in Phoenix and they were no where near that good. Lots of unexpected bonuses, good food, the Honda CD, it was a great night all around.

motodave
01-25-2007, 11:26 AM
:happy44: To all of you who stopped by last night, WOW! I had a great time! Thanks for your support, and we couldnt have had such a great evening without all of you. We here at Eastside MotoSports are all greatfull for your attendance to our tech night. I am real sorry if we ran out of food for some of you, next time we will have a bigger spread. Thanks again for all of your support.:D
P.S. If you did attend last night and didnt pickup a certifcate of attendance, please drop by and pick one up,( I am very forgetful sometimes) They will be in my office if I am not here have one of my service writers locate yours, or e-mail me your address and I will pop it in the mail for you. :o

Habanero
01-25-2007, 05:07 PM
Thanks, Dave.

I had to pop out a bit early and didn't get a chance to say thank you and shake your hand.

Scott

ricky
01-25-2007, 07:21 PM
Yes, I have to say thanks for the skooling :happy57:

Question for all who attended:
After the lessons last night how many will keep bringing their bike in and let the dealership do the valves vs people doing their own :confused:

kurtfriedrich
01-25-2007, 07:35 PM
Yes, I have to say thanks for the skooling :happy57:

Question for all who attended:
After the lessons last night how many will keep bringing their bike in and let the dealership do the valves vs people doing their own :confused:

I could see CHECKING you clearances on a 2 valve. But watching them fight with the 1/2 rings! I wouldn't try to adjust them. And for the 4 valves, forget it. They are getting my 749 evertime.

However I am going to try and get them to be fussy and set the exhaust to 2mm and the intake to 4, rather than "total of both not great than 12". They may be sorry they gave us that tip!

Kurt

Jeremy
01-26-2007, 10:08 AM
I could see CHECKING you clearances on a 2 valve. But watching them fight with the 1/2 rings! I wouldn't try to adjust them. And for the 4 valves, forget it. They are getting my 749 evertime.

Kurt
The 1/2 rings aren't that tough...just need a helper and one of those small pen type magnets. I had to replace/adjust almost all my shims on my M900...pretty interesting actually.

I'm with you on a 4-valver though...I'd probably always have the dealer do that! :scared10: