PDA

View Full Version : Live in the U District?

mike
06-01-2004, 04:23 PM
There are two other Ducs in my neighborhood. I see a red 748 ride up and down my street (21st Ave NE) pretty often. I've also seen a yellow SS a number of times. Anyone here maybe?

lll0228
06-02-2004, 08:30 AM
I saw that red 748 for sale at the U Bookstore parking lot the other day.

Where are you located? I ride in whenever I can. There is constantly another ST2 at an on campus parking lot. There are two more Ducs in the area.

mike
06-02-2004, 09:32 AM
Yeah, that's the one. I think the guy lives up the block and one street west of me, or else he's over at someone's house a lot there.

I live in the U district and work very nearby. I parked in the underground garage for a couple years, then parked down by Stevens Court for about a year. Now I live so close to work that I just walk in. The morning ride/commute to work was nice when I lived further away because at least I got to ride every day, but now I get some exercise going to/from and that's not so bad.

I've also seen a different red 748 parked down in front of Blakely Village (student housing down by U village) pretty often. Carbon cans, parked on 25th.

I don't know if you care, but if you're a UW person there's a "uwbikers" email list you can get on. It's pretty low volume, but they go on rides occasionally. The list info is at:

http://mailman.u.washington.edu/mailman/listinfo/uwbikers

Il Marzocco
06-21-2007, 02:46 PM
I'm in Ravenna. Yellow 749s. I stop by Zoka at Blakely Commons sometimes on the way back from rides. Nice place to relax and rechage with some espresso.

martino
06-21-2007, 09:31 PM
I am in Laurelhurst. Monster S4 and 749S FILA. Zoka gets two tumbs up - one of the 4 or 5 best espresso places in the Metro area.