PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Seattle

petehed
02-17-2007, 02:33 PM
Hey all,
So I just accepted a job in Seattle, and I'll be moving here from San Francisco in two weeks (my bike will make it up about a month later). I got pointed to this board from the DML.
Just wanted to introduce myself and say hi. I've met a number of cool people down in SF through BARF and the DML, and I'm looking forward to meeting some other riders and Duc owners up here.
Cheers,
Pete

PS I'm actually up in Seattle today and have seen all these people out on their bikes on this beautiful sunny day. Making me wish I had my bike here today. I saw three guys doing the pre-ride at the gas station on the corner of Market and 15th St in Ballard... one on a Gixxer, another bike I didn't recognize, and someone on what looked like an S2R. Was the S2R someone here?

Dave R
02-17-2007, 03:50 PM
Hi Pete and welcome to the PNW ! There were probably quite a few rides organised this sunny Sat in Seattle ! The club had a big ride that started around 7:30 this AM...they should be back in a few hours..
If you have a chance to stop in today and say hi, please do !!
Dave R

swassociates
02-17-2007, 05:12 PM
Welcome to DNW Pete!

Be sure to attend the next club event and introduce yourself. We're a fun bunch.:popcorn2: :happy23:

Davidé
02-17-2007, 06:01 PM
:+1:
Benvenuto!

ducmons
02-17-2007, 08:01 PM
Hey all,
So I just accepted a job in Seattle, and I'll be moving here from San Francisco in two weeks (my bike will make it up about a month later). I got pointed to this board from the DML.
Just wanted to introduce myself and say hi. I've met a number of cool people down in SF through BARF and the DML, and I'm looking forward to meeting some other riders and Duc owners up here.
Cheers,
Pete

PS I'm actually up in Seattle today and have seen all these people out on their bikes on this beautiful sunny day. Making me wish I had my bike here today. I saw three guys doing the pre-ride at the gas station on the corner of Market and 15th St in Ballard... one on a Gixxer, another bike I didn't recognize, and someone on what looked like an S2R. Was the S2R someone here?

Pete, a most cordial welcome to the Northwest. Looking forward to having you in our neck of the woods. Some great riding in the Pacific Northwest. !

Chuckracer
02-17-2007, 10:16 PM
Hey Pete!

I just moved here too, came from Phoenix area. This is the greatest group of people you will ever find...I'm blown away! You're gonna love it!

Rock
02-17-2007, 10:33 PM
Welcome Pete and so glad you said howdy!! :hello:

Sieg
02-17-2007, 11:40 PM
Welcome Pete,

Even though I'm in Springfield, OR. I just had the pleasure of attending the 1098 Release Party at Ducati Seattle and met numerous DNW members, and a great group ride experience the following day. I've been riding for 37 years and I've never met a nicer group of people. Attend a DNW function and I'm sure you'll appreciate my perspective.

Bong
02-18-2007, 12:29 AM
Welcome to the PNW Pete - I lived in the Bay area back in the late 90s.

You're gonna miss the sun!!!

J/k, Seattle is an awesome City and you will enjoy the slower pace of life here.

Glad you found our forum and club, please do attend group rides when your bike gets here. We just got back from a run out to the northwestern most tip of the US, Neah Bay.

I'd be happy to show you a few of the local twisties, just let me know when you area ready!

Bong

Rock
02-18-2007, 12:46 AM
Welcome to the PNW Pete - I lived in the Bay area back in the late 90s.

You're gonna miss the sun!!!

J/k, Seattle is an awesome City and you will enjoy the slower pace of life here.

Glad you found our forum and club, please do attend group rides when your bike gets here. We just got back from a run out to the northwestern most tip of the US, Neah Bay.

I'd be happy to show you a few of the local twisties, just let me know when you area ready!

Bong

Fare warning.............. :lostmarbles:

AM-A-Duc
02-18-2007, 08:53 AM
Fare warning.............. :lostmarbles:

wow............ d00d,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I think you just got :bitchslap: :cool2:

Davidé
02-18-2007, 09:29 AM
... You're gonna miss the sun!!!
FYI - It didn't rain last summer for something like 6 weeks! And then when it finally did rain, it was a light drizzle. I think people in the NW like to talk up bad weather just to scare people away. I don't think it's working too well, but what do I know? I'm just a transplant from the East Coast. ;)

Nevertheless, welcome again!

Bong
02-18-2007, 09:52 AM
wow............ d00d,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I think you just got :bitchslap: :cool2:

Yes, fare warning you're gonna need thick skin to thrive in the local ducati scene up here :scared10:

I keep trying to but these guys/gals can't get rid of me :eek:

Jeremy
02-18-2007, 10:04 AM
Welcome Pete! My wife (oharamo) and I moved here from Oakland just about 4 years ago. We love it...although a little less rain might be OK. :rolleyes:

Bill Anderson
02-18-2007, 10:41 AM
Yes, fare warning you're gonna need thick skin to thrive in the local ducati scene up here :scared10:

I keep trying to but these guys/gals can't get rid of me :eek:

Bong: it's the other way around: you keep coming back to us by making every other of your annual bike purchases a Duc. :mock:

petehed
02-18-2007, 07:39 PM
Hey everyone, thanks for the warm welcome... looking forward to meeting you all. How do you find out about events that DNW is doing?

Welcome Pete! My wife (oharamo) and I moved here from Oakland just about 4 years ago. We love it...although a little less rain might be OK. :rolleyes:

Hey Jeremy... I think I chatted with you on the DML list briefly a month ago when I was first looking for jobs up here. You and your wife live in Ballard, right?

About to head back to SF tomorrow to go start packing up. Spent today with the lady up at Crystal... kinda rough... choppy and heavy, but way better than what we have down in Tahoe right now (which is absolmalutely nothing)

See you all soon :cool2:

Oh, also my bike is getting close to needing its 600 mile service... how is Ducati Seattle as far as a service department. Down in SF, everyone avoids a certain dealership and goes to a certain private shop. Just wanted to get the pulse on service here so I don't take my baby in somewhere bad.

Bong
02-18-2007, 07:44 PM
Oh, also my bike is getting close to needing its 600 mile service... how is Ducati Seattle as far as a service department. Down in SF, everyone avoids a certain dealership and goes to a certain private shop. Just wanted to get the pulse on service here so I don't take my baby in somewhere bad.

Pete, you are going to like the level of Service our local Seattle area dealerships provide. Both Ducati Seattle and Eastside Motosports will be able to give your bike the attention it deserves.

I happen to use Ducati Seattle.

Eastside Motosports in Bellevue also has very good technicians.