PDA

View Full Version : moto gp sunday march 11th

Scottsst
03-07-2007, 07:56 PM
so I have been not see a post about setting anything up for a group of us to watch the first round of the new chapter of motorcycle racing history as it begins ? I think the 250 race starts at 2:00 and the big boys at 3:00 !

kurtfriedrich
03-07-2007, 07:59 PM
try here:

http://www.desmonorthwest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4056

Kurt

Scottsst
03-07-2007, 08:32 PM
thanks but that post must be a DOC members posting I can't read it !

kurtfriedrich
03-07-2007, 08:59 PM
thanks but that post must be a DOC members posting I can't read it !
sorry, I am new to all this. I think they are providing "free" food, so maybe that comes from our dues? So maybe it is member's only?

Hopefully one of the club officers will jump in here and explain.

Kurt

Scottsst
03-07-2007, 09:51 PM
right on thanks for that !

Jeremy
03-07-2007, 10:11 PM
Kurt is correct. There is indeed a party for the Qatar race with food and drinks being provided out of club funds.

While we (the board) don't like to exclude anyone, we also feel the need to provide benefits to DOC members whom have paid the annual dues which help to keep the club running. This party is one of those benefits.

We try to invite ALL members to ALL events, and provide paid members with some sort of benefit (i.e. this years BBQ is free for paid DOC members and a guest, while non-paid members will have to pay a small fee); however, something such as a party like this is hard to regulate in such a fashion, so we decided it should be for paid DOC members only.

We sincerely hope the general membership understands our logic, and we of course encourage everyone to become paid DOC members. We are constantly trying to increase the benefits of being a paid member. That said, we still plan on having many events for any and all members. :)