PDA

View Full Version : Hopefully I'll have my '05 S4R in two weeks !!!

Rotten Randy
08-20-2004, 08:13 PM
Put my deposit down twodays ago. It'll be blue and white and I'll be getting the full Arrow system w/ carbon cans installed before I take delivery. This will be my 4th street bike and haven't been riding since I sold my '97 GSXR 600 3 years ago. I'm anxious to get it and start riding again. The local shop here in Portland, OR seems to be a pretty good one with a friendly staff and plenty of accessories. Love the torque on the modded S4 I rode there. So much different than the I-4 bikes. Has anyone heard of anything new or different on the '05 S4R's? Thanks :happy44:

lll0228
08-20-2004, 08:31 PM
Congrats! I take it you got it from Arun and his crew? Those guys are GREAT! I was there only for a few minutes but they were so hospitable.

Rotten Randy
08-20-2004, 08:55 PM
I've been looking at getting another bike for a little over a year and am reaallly anxious to get my Monster. I am buying it from Motocorsa. Arun and I came to an agreement on the bike. He's a good guy and so is Sean. They both helped me out a great deal. I'm looking forward to getting the bike but I'm also looking forward to meeting some fellow riders for weekend rides. :happy36:

lll0228
08-21-2004, 01:18 AM
Ok, for Rotten Randy: ROLL CALL FOR ALL P-TOWN Ducatisti!

Hands up! I mean, err, type up and identify thyself!

Rotten Randy
08-21-2004, 08:09 AM
From the looks of it Desmonorthwest is predominately in or around Seattle?

green98gt
08-21-2004, 08:19 AM
yep, mostly puget sounders. Your gonna love your s4r, they rip. :evilgrin3

Rotten Randy
08-21-2004, 08:38 AM
I know. It can't come soon enough. I rode a modded S4 at the shop that closely resembled the performance of the S4R and it was unlike any bike I've ever ridden. It was only the second Ducati I had ridden the first being a Multistrada the day before. I also rode a Ferro metallic R1150R down in Salem. They were making me a really really good deal down there for that bike but after riding that S4 at Motocorsa the 1150R faded from my memory real fast. I'm a Ducati and S4R fiend for knowledge right now. I'm gonna be driving my wife nuts for the next two weeks :happy44:

Nder
08-21-2004, 10:22 PM
congrats on the spiffy new ride :)

anyone know if two weeks is a decent basline wait time for a newly bought bike?

Rotten Randy
08-22-2004, 09:28 AM
Well by now from what I was told my bike should be off the boat and on a truck coming out our way. There shouldn't be anything different from the '04s but hopefully there will be something a little different/better than last years model. I'm already looking at clutch covers, mirrors, fender eliminators, blinkers etc. The bike pictured would look alot better with all the aforementioned items.