PDA

View Full Version : Sunday, Sunday, Beautiful Pacific Raceways!

robhar54
03-31-2007, 05:39 PM
Who's going? Weather looks kinda sucky though...

Rob

ducmons
03-31-2007, 05:56 PM
I'm still out of town or i'd be there. I went to a few races last year, and watching the bikes and riders do their stuff in the rain is simply impressive. I know that those of you with experience can definitely lend a helping hand specially if weather is sucky.

wsuduc
03-31-2007, 07:35 PM
I will be there. Heck I was supposed to be there today, but the track whore decided it didn't want to run this weekend. So off to the shop on Monday.

I am going early though so I can do my civic duty and be a corner worker. That is where all the action is! :happy44:

Tom
03-31-2007, 08:04 PM
I'll be there tomorrow. My school has an auction every year and my contribution this year was a day at the races. We'll have three 2nd grade boys who are very pumped about watching the racers tomorrow. I photoshopped some fake VIP pit passes for each of them along with a Ducati lanyard, and some shirts and posters that Mike Sullivan donated. We'll do some photo ops with some of the racers then make a cd slide show for them to take home. Should be a lot of fun.

Tom

Rick Rinaldo
03-31-2007, 08:09 PM
For those of you that can make it tomorrow, make sure to stop by the Anatra Corsa / Ducati Seattle Pits and say HI. Our races are schedule for 10:40 (formula Thunder) and 11:40 (Open Twins).

Also, at 1:40 you can see the Novice race. Marty, the Anatra Corsa's newest team member and a Novice, placed an impressive 2nd place today for his first race.

Tomorrow should be a great day. Hope to see you all out there!

Rick...
WMRRA 123
www.anatracorsa.com

ducmons
03-31-2007, 08:13 PM
Marty, the Anatra Corsa's newest team member and a Novice, placed an impressive 2nd place today for his first race.

Rick...
WMRRA 123
www.anatracorsa.com

Way to go Marty and Anatra Corsa !!!! :wohoo:

AM-A-Duc
03-31-2007, 11:02 PM
For those of you that can make it tomorrow, make sure to stop by the Anatra Corsa / Ducati Seattle Pits and say HI. Our races are schedule for 10:40 (formula Thunder) and 11:40 (Open Twins).

Also, at 1:40 you can see the Novice race. Marty, the Anatra Corsa's newest team member and a Novice, placed an impressive 2nd place today for his first race.

Rick...
WMRRA 123
www.anatracorsa.com
Rick
I was out there Sat. but did not see your pit. I had some time to kill waiting for Barry to tinker with the "parts bike"

Bong
04-01-2007, 12:42 AM
Good luck to all our Ducati mounted racers!

Tomorrow is dedicated to tax preparation for me...so no going to the track:(

Post up results and pictures please :)

Habanero
04-01-2007, 08:17 AM
Sunday morning......Rob, I am headed out for a ride, not to the races, though. I am headed towards Snohomish or Monroe for breakfast, out of Monroe to Woods creek/Monzel rd up to Granite Falls, Burns Rd up to Arlington.

I'll be out the door in a couple minutes, call if you want to hook up.

953-0429
scott

Mitch
04-01-2007, 11:43 AM
Good luck in the remaining races! :riding:

+1 on posting results and pictures

(I have to put in some quality time at home today)

flyingducman
04-02-2007, 04:00 PM
I'll be there tomorrow. My school has an auction every year and my contribution this year was a day at the races. We'll have three 2nd grade boys who are very pumped about watching the racers tomorrow. I photoshopped some fake VIP pit passes for each of them along with a Ducati lanyard, and some shirts and posters that Mike Sullivan donated. We'll do some photo ops with some of the racers then make a cd slide show for them to take home. Should be a lot of fun.

TomWMRRA should be doing more themselves to promote racing to the youngsters out there.

Tom, this must've really made their day and is probably the talk-of-the-town at school today. I bet they'll remember this day forever and you may have planted the seed that will develop into a future road-racer in each one of them!

I think more parents would bring their young boys (and girls) to the WMMRA events if they only KNEW about them, and how reasonable admission is in comparison to other events, like the upcoming motocross event that was mentioned in another post. And where else can you get right into the pits with the riders???

wsuduc
04-02-2007, 07:45 PM
Actually they are starting a 'young guns' race this year. I think it will be during the lunch break, and if successful they will plan on making it a regular race series next year.

I am not sure what ages will be, I think 12-18 maybe? I think it will happen next race weekend.

Should be fun to watch.

Sieg
04-02-2007, 07:59 PM
http://www.pro-touring.com/forum/images/smilies/postpics.gif

Tom
04-03-2007, 09:28 AM
Ok, here are some pics. With the kids sitting on the bike it gives you an idea of what Dani Pedrosa looks like.

Tom

Davidé
04-03-2007, 09:46 AM
Ok, here are some pics. With the kids sitting on the bike it gives you an idea of what Dani Pedrosa looks like.I think Dani is the next size down. :p

flyingducman
04-03-2007, 09:47 AM
Ok, here are some pics. With the kids sitting on the bike it gives you an idea of what Dani Pedrosa looks like.

TomThe images are even smaller than the kids :pictime: ???

Sieg
04-03-2007, 09:50 AM
Tom,

Definitely respect you taking the time and letting those kids experience race day. I doubt they'll ever forget that day in their lives. http://s3.amazonaws.com/advrider/thumb.gif

Thanks for the pics!