PDA

View Full Version : Ducati oversold 2007????

jkester92
04-17-2007, 10:39 PM
Seems dealers are calling people with deposits on 1098s and returning there money saying They won't be getting there bikes for 2007, they oversold.
Anyone here get that call? If true this REALLY sucks. I read this on the 1098 website:mad:

Dave R
04-17-2007, 11:08 PM
oh boy the 1098 forum, my favorite gossip forum lately !!
The way DNA designed the release of these models was to ask the dealers to submit a deposit log by a certain date before the launch and they would fill these orders first and if there were enough they would then offer more to dealers. DNA would only commit to 3000 2007 models so when the final allotment that was given to a dealer it was based off their deposit logs, no extras.. If a dealer ignored the procedure put in place and took more deposits than what they were alloted, then they will come up short. At this point we have heard nothing about loosing any bikes that we have been promised but you never know I guess :(
Another variable is that DNA will only continue to fill orders if they see your registrations coming in for the 1098's they have already sent to a dealer. I imagine if a dealer is caught "fudging" in any way DNA could and probably would cancel future orders. The other variable is the dealers financial ability to accept additional inventory...if they have no room on their credit line, no bikes shipped. The bit about a dealer in CA delivering 40 1098'2 already, yeah right.... that dealer hasn't delivered 40 new (all models) Ducati's for the year yet ! Your NW dealers know the game and know how to follow directions, I don't think you will have any issues getting the bike promised to you as long as you were on the submitted deposit log...
Last, yes there may be some bikes on dealers floor unspoken for but the only reason this should happen is because someone who was on the deposit list had to bow out.. Only 1 person so far on our list has jumped ship, 11 delivered to date.
Hope this helps....

jkester92
04-17-2007, 11:34 PM
Thanks Dave, If someone did bow out wouldn't that bike be offered to the next person in line? Leaving no bikes on showroom floors when the rest of us are waiting for ours?

JaredM
04-17-2007, 11:41 PM
^^ Of course the next person in line would get that bike. We want to move them as fast as you want to get them :happy57:

Bong
04-18-2007, 07:59 AM
Thanks Dave, If someone did bow out wouldn't that bike be offered to the next person in line? Leaving no bikes on showroom floors when the rest of us are waiting for ours?

It does seem weird that there are 1098's sitting on the showroom floor unsold as reported at other dealers in the nation.

We are so lucky our local dealers aren't playing this game!! Again we experience top notch customer service while others get the run around :eek:

A big THANKS to our PNW ducati dealerships! :)

Dave R
04-18-2007, 08:15 AM

Back to the fudge factor :p It could be that some dealers used false names to get the bikes in....
Yes in our case, the next person in line would get that call....