PDA

View Full Version : Hypermotarded(Gabe) is OK!!

wsuduc
04-23-2007, 08:17 AM
Gabe took a nice easy little low side into turn 4 on the last session of the day yesterday. He said all day he was dragging his side stand and center stand, so he go some advice from the control riders to lean off more so the bike was more upright and to look through the corner more.

He was trying all those things and got messed up in turn 4 and washed the front end. In his words it was a very easy slip, nothing drastic. The bike got banged up a bit, some rashed fairing and a broken level, but all cosmetic.

Now the bad part. He was not exactly sure what happened but he thinks he put his hand out too sound and it caught, whipping his arm around dislocating his shoulder.

The ambulance hauled him up and I transfered him to the hospital while route.exe(mike) drove the DS van to the hospital.

Gabe's wife was on her way down but I thought I would stay around and watch a shoulder get popped back into socked. Kinda like in Die Hard when Mel Gibson just pops it back in place. I know call me cruel, but you just can't pass an opportunity up like that :happy57:

As it turns out that portion was very anti-climatic. However, the drugs he was sudated with and the stories he was telling are priceless! :happy57: :happy44: They might be worth something on the black market :whistling:

In the end he is ok. He won't be able to move his right shoulder too much for a couple of weeks, but luckily his injuries were not worse than that.

Sorry for telling your story Gabe, but I am sure people wanted to know the outcome.

Get well fellow Ducatista!!

kurtfriedrich
04-23-2007, 08:27 AM
Gabe took a nice easy little low side into turn 4 on the last session of the day yesterday. He said all day he was dragging his side stand and center stand, so he go some advice from the control riders to lean off more so the bike was more upright and to look through the corner more.

He was trying all those things and got messed up in turn 4 and washed the front end. In his words it was a very easy slip, nothing drastic. The bike got banged up a bit, some rashed fairing and a broken level, but all cosmetic.

Now the bad part. He was not exactly sure what happened but he thinks he put his hand out too sound and it caught, whipping his arm around dislocating his shoulder.

The ambulance hauled him up and I transfered him to the hospital while route.exe(mike) drove the DS van to the hospital.

Gabe's wife was on her way down but I thought I would stay around and watch a shoulder get popped back into socked. Kinda like in Die Hard when Mel Gibson just pops it back in place. I know call me cruel, but you just can't pass an opportunity up like that :happy57:

As it turns out that portion was very anti-climatic. However, the drugs he was sudated with and the stories he was telling are priceless! :happy57: :happy44: They might be worth something on the black market :whistling:

In the end he is ok. He won't be able to move his right shoulder too much for a couple of weeks, but luckily his injuries were not worse than that.

Sorry for telling your story Gabe, but I am sure people wanted to know the outcome.

Get well fellow Ducatista!!

Thanks for the update, I went by him just after he stood up (kind-of) and he sure looked like he was in a lot of pain. Felt real bad for him and the bike.
Thanks for getting him to the hospital. I was a bit confused, as he was sitting in an ambulance, and people were talking about getting him to the hospital- so I'm thinking , dah, ain't that what ambulances do? I guess they must charge more than for a ride in an old jeep?

Kurt

wsuduc
04-23-2007, 08:38 AM
dah, ain't that what ambulances do? I guess they must charge more than for a ride in an old jeep?
Kurt

Yes, ambulances are not cheap. Old jeeps are :happy57: :happy44:

Sieg
04-23-2007, 08:39 AM
I guess they must charge more than for a ride in an old jeep?

Kurt

Word on the street around Eugene is $1,000-$1,500 for "public safety" ride to the ER. The ER bill will be bad enough, I had four sutures in my hand Saturday at the local ER, I bet the bill is over $500, at least is was quick - only 55 minutes from check in to release.

ducmons
04-23-2007, 08:40 AM
I had four sutures in my hand Saturday at the local ER

what happened?

Bong
04-23-2007, 08:46 AM
Thanks for posting Jeremy, we're all glad to hear Gabe will be fine. (although under a lot of pain)

Scott, stop playing with power tools :scared10:

Sieg
04-23-2007, 08:57 AM
what happened?

Nothing as exciting as your weekend.................
http://www.desmonorthwest.com/photopost/data/536/1485IMGP2407-med.JPG
Been using these for 30+ years, every once in a while they bite you. Usually the top side of the blade.

Sieg
04-23-2007, 09:00 AM
Scott, stop playing with power tools :scared10:
Kevlar and Gabe were the ones that got bit playing with power tools this weekend........at least theirs qaulifying as benchracing stories :cool2:

Glad you guys are ok.

Hypermotarded
04-23-2007, 09:14 AM
heh, thanks for the concern guys; i'm fine. anyway, i think i am-these painkillers are really good. someone could come into this room and stab me in the back and i'm sure i wouldn't know for a few hours.

which is exactly how long it'll take to left-handed-hunt-and-peck this message out.

massive uber-thanks to Jeremy and Michael and everyone who helped me pack up and get out. if ambulances really do cost that much-and they probably do-than you saved my honeymoon.

the drugs make you forget so i have no idea what i said in that er. still, um... that's no reason to believe anything wsuduc says. pure fabrications, i assure you.

well, help me out guys, what do we call the bike now? unda-watta-multi-strada-wad?

Sieg
04-23-2007, 09:18 AM
well, help me out guys, what do we call the bike now? unda-watta-multi-strada-wad?
Multi-Experienced

CINDESMO
Glad you're relatively okay, Salesbot. I assume that you can merely reprogram yourself to be a Southpaw! You have the technology.

You might have to ask around, but I do believe that there is a special club for people who crash during the LAST SESSION of the day!!! :rolleyes:

Bong
Soooo glad to read your post Gabe - heal fast and keep your spirits up!

ducmons
04-23-2007, 09:36 AM
Oh man. That sucks. I'm glad you came out with no more severe injuries than the ones you incurred.

kamran
04-23-2007, 09:37 AM
Glad you are ok Gabe...

someone could come into this room and stab me in the back and i'm sure i wouldn't know for a few hours.
I'll let Hannibal know!

Mark
04-23-2007, 09:57 AM
Hey Gabe,

My wife bought that stupid video "The Secret". That's the one where you materialize in your life the very things you think about.

I bring this up because remember all that talk about you not wanting to have to cart all those drinks home at the end of the day.

Well guess what happened!!

Rock
04-23-2007, 09:58 AM
Glad you're ok Gabe. Well, for the most part at least. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

Davidé
04-23-2007, 10:05 AM
Gabe,

As expressed above, I am glad to hear it wasn't more serious. I'm bringing in some beer for you -- so long as it won't interfere with your Rx meds??? :happy57:

Red Label Moto
04-23-2007, 10:28 AM
Salesbot? Wow things have changed since I've been there. How cute is that, you have little nicknames for each other!

One thing I have learned Hyper-M is you don't need your good arm to sell bikes, at least at a dealership. Think "Sympathy Close" and also of the time you'll save at PBT (is that still what Jon calls it?)

"Yeah I was dragging my elbow on one of these in turn 4 and the ghost of Foggie reached up through the asphalt and smacked me down something fierce I tell you! Sign here...."

I'm pretty sure that was "Lethal Weapon" that had the Mel shoulder popping scene.

wsuduc
04-23-2007, 10:55 AM
Hey Gabe,

My wife bought that stupid video "The Secret". That's the one where you materialize in your life the very things you think about.

I bring this up because remember all that talk about you not wanting to have to cart all those drinks home at the end of the day.

Well guess what happened!!

That is some funny crap right there!!!

:laugh2: :rofl :lmao: :foflmao:

Habanero
04-23-2007, 11:03 AM
Gabe, I hear you were abusing my old girlfriend!:cool2:

Glad you have your humor intact, as well as all of your body parts.

Get well, buddy.

scott

Hypermotarded
04-23-2007, 12:16 PM
Gabe, I hear you were abusing my old girlfriend!:cool2:

scott
she's fun to abuse. hell, if i'd just concentrated on that instead of tryng to learn...

Stupid stupid stupid

P.S. she's ok too. she's ugly now, but that's what a lot of guys like to see in ex-girlfriends

ngng
04-23-2007, 12:49 PM
the ambulance is about ~$15/mi :rolleyes:

Rich Quarre
04-23-2007, 09:06 PM
Hey Gabe, Glad to hear you're OK. Heal fast.
Rich

Mitch
04-23-2007, 10:57 PM
Glad you're (mostly) ok. :) Heal up quick for that honeymoon! :cool2:

Think "Sympathy Close" and also of the time you'll save at PBT (is that still what Jon calls it?)

"Yeah I was dragging my elbow on one of these in turn 4 and the ghost of Foggie reached up through the asphalt and smacked me down something fierce I tell you! Sign here ... "

:rofl :rofl :rofl

rvinoly
04-24-2007, 02:16 PM
Sorry to hear about the low-side, Gabe. I'm sure you'll be back on the road soon.

Your brother-in-law might want to make you an offer on that Multi....;)

Hypermotarded
05-01-2007, 10:47 AM
Ha! First day out of the sling! Boo-yah!

wsuduc
05-01-2007, 11:09 AM
sweet, not you can pull your wieght around the shop and push motorcycles around instead of just talking!! :wohoo: :action027

ducmons
05-01-2007, 11:11 AM
sweet, not you can pull your wieght aroudn the shop and push motorcycles around instead of just talking!! :wohoo: :action027

:sign20: