PDA

View Full Version : Ducati Therapy with Dr. Dave

martys
04-27-2007, 10:13 PM
I stopped in to DucSea tonight before dinner at BoneFish (which is awesome btw!) and spent a few minutes talking with Dave R. about bike options for me given I want something faired, sporty and styled for the "full figured" guy that I am. :happy57: I sat on a few of the Sport Classics including the new 2007 SportClassic 1000s. It felt pretty good, I'm going to go back tomorrow and take it for a spin to see how it feels both in traffic and on the highway. The new SportClassic 1000s looks very cool, but unfortunately does not have adjustable forks :( . I'm told the ride is very similar to the Paul Smart so if this feels good on the ride I might go for a PSLE with the Ohlins front and rear equipment.

I'm also putting some fresh tires on the S2R and am going try to go to the track May 7th for the next NESBA day and see just how bad the wind is with my mini fairing. Given my overall cycling needs, I may just go for a more upscale Monster with better suspension and brakes and transfer all my add ons to that.

One thing I know, I need to not rush. I need to try different bikes, different options and keep varying things until I find something that feels right.

ok, our time is up for today. We'll see Dr Dave for the next session tomorrow. :)

Lotus54
04-27-2007, 10:30 PM
It is never a good idea for me to take a test ride. Last time I did that I ended up buying the same bike (I was the first and only to demo it).
The Multi 'S' has been a great bike for me and I don't plan on replacing it soon, although I quite liked the 1100 'S' I did a quick test ride on. I don't even have this one paid off yet though!

Still thinking about that KTM 525 EXC.

Mark

Dave R
04-27-2007, 11:07 PM
glad you and Michele enjoyed Bonefish, in this case, I told you so :p
Sweet Ducati dreams and we will take it up again tomorrow....:indiffere

charon
04-27-2007, 11:09 PM
just get a s4rs. you'll be happy. I might sell you mine if you ask nicely.

martys
04-29-2007, 05:23 PM
It is never a good idea for me to take a test ride. Last time I did that I ended up buying the same bike (I was the first and only to demo it).

Mark
You are SO right :happy44: I'm this close to a new ride. I'll reveal the details once its a done deal.

ducmons
04-29-2007, 05:48 PM
You are SO right :happy44: I'm this close to a new ride. I'll reveal the details once its a done deal.

OH OH !!! :jumping41 :jumping41 :jumping41

martys
04-29-2007, 07:16 PM
let's just say I've fallen in love with some classic lines (hint: see my avatar) :happy57:

ducmons
04-29-2007, 07:19 PM
let's just say I've fallen in love with some classic lines

yes, I too have the "classic" lines surrounding my figure. :happy57: sorry Marty, I couldn't resist. I can't wait to see your classic.... wait, that sounded bad. I can't wait to see what the therapy sessions with Dr. Dave results in. You're gonna love the 1000DS engine. :jumping41 I can't wait to go for a ride with you.

Bong
04-29-2007, 08:08 PM
Ahhhh, the joys of the hunt for your next ride!!!!!

Good luck and congrats on your next duc :)

Lotus54
04-29-2007, 09:13 PM
Your avatar looks an awful lot like my old 1966 Benelli 200 Sprite...so you finally decided to pay my asking price?:rolleyes:

I should really get the old beast going. I just have to mount up my new seat/fuel tank setup and buy tabs. Well, the tyres are pretty old too, and the horn vibrated off last time I rode it.
Yeah, probably should finish the OSSA first.
Of course, I'd rather go out riding on these nice days.

mark

Lotus54
04-29-2007, 09:20 PM
I see you are back Bong, how was the Oregon/Idaho/Washington ride?

mark

martys
05-01-2007, 05:59 PM
I never could keep quiet, but essentially the deal is done. The bike's on its way from NJ, the bank has approved the loan, the wife has approved the deal.

Next week I'll be picking up my new Paul Smart 1000 Limited Edition :happy64:

I've been in touch with DrDuc and have LOTS of ideas of things to do with this one from Phil Krug here (http://pakbikes.net/PS1000LE/index.html).

Woo who! Can't wait to put the first 600 on it. :happy44:

And if anyone's looking for a really sweet mod'd S2R dark monster, it will be in Dave's shop late next week.

:hapdance: :hapdance::hapdance:

wtate
05-01-2007, 06:51 PM
Marty,

Congratualtions! Finding an LE is awesome! That great Sport classic look, a functional fairing, great motor and OHLINS!!! I can't wait to see it in action!

Scottsst
05-01-2007, 06:56 PM
thats cool that you found a LE I love the way they look and now I will be able to see one out and about on the street !

Bong
05-01-2007, 07:36 PM
CONGRATULATIONS Marty!!!!!! :happy23: :happycheers:

Rich Quarre
05-01-2007, 07:43 PM
Congrats, Marty! Very cool...the PS been one of my faves since it arrived in the showroom.
Rich

sport1000
05-01-2007, 08:34 PM
Just one thing to say, Termi-pipes!

martys
05-01-2007, 08:42 PM
Just one thing to say, Termi-pipes!
Ya baby! :jumping02
I'm actually an Arrow pipe fan, but one of the perks of buying now was you get a free 2 into 1 pipe plus an performance ECU by signing before the end of April. We'll see how it sounds, if it's flat I'll get another Arrow because I LOVE their sound.

Jeremy
05-01-2007, 09:28 PM
Congrats!

...and one word for you...Zard! :happy44:

http://loudbike.blogs.com/photos/zard_exhaust_pics_graphs/paulsmart1a.jpg

http://loudbike.blogs.com/photos/zard_exhaust_pics_graphs/paulsmart2a.jpg

Scottsst
05-01-2007, 10:10 PM
now that's what I call a set of pipes I'm shure they sound great to !

Mitch
05-01-2007, 10:39 PM
Congratulations! :happycheers: :wohoo:

:riding:

kurtfriedrich
05-02-2007, 02:24 AM
I never could keep quiet, but essentially the deal is done. The bike's on its way from NJ, the bank has approved the loan, the wife has approved the deal.

Next week I'll be picking up my new Paul Smart 1000 Limited Edition :happy64:

I've been in touch with DrDuc and have LOTS of ideas of things to do with this one from Phil Krug here (http://pakbikes.net/PS1000LE/index.html).

Woo who! Can't wait to put the first 600 on it. :happy44:

And if anyone's looking for a really sweet mod'd S2R dark monster, it will be in Dave's shop late next week.

:hapdance: :hapdance::hapdance:

fantastic pick! I was a coin toss away from 1 when I got the 749, forget the new pipes and all that, just enjoy riding it!
Kurt

drewduc
05-02-2007, 09:33 AM
:excited: :excited: :excited: Congrats Marty! Can't wait to see the Paul Smart in action!:wohoo: :wohoo:

mofoninja
05-02-2007, 01:30 PM
Congrats d00d!

That thing is going to be sweet! :cool2:

BTW... the LED taillight that I spotted on that site you posted is soo kew! I think that thing is a must. It's very clean.

http://pakbikes.net/PS1000LE/IMAGES/IMG_4335CLEAN002B.jpg

whooowee! Look at that booty! :action027

martys
05-02-2007, 05:34 PM
Congrats d00d!

That thing is going to be sweet! :cool2:

BTW... the LED taillight that I spotted on that site you posted is soo kew! I think that thing is a must. It's very clean.

http://pakbikes.net/PS1000LE/IMAGES/IMG_4335CLEAN002B.jpg

whooowee! Look at that booty! :action027

this is absolutely on my list as one of the first updates. :p The PS on that site is really sweet, I can only hope to create a shopping list to work on over the summer for it. I love the gold brake and clutch resoviors as well as the levers.

Rock
05-10-2007, 08:11 PM
So, Marty, how was the ride home tonight? :cool2:

wsuduc
05-10-2007, 08:19 PM
I was in the shop this afternoon and saw his bike! It is sweet! I bet he is ear to ear grins.

Bong
05-10-2007, 09:14 PM
I was lucky enough to see this bike and HEAR it roar with the nice pipes that was added. Marty, your neighbors are going to hate you when we go on our early morning rides this summer. :happy44: :p :happy44: :p :scared10:

Btw, it looks really sharp with the full fairings!

martys
05-10-2007, 09:25 PM
I was in the shop this afternoon and saw his bike! It is sweet! I bet he is ear to ear grins.
That would be a big YES!
:excited:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/226/493205508_6e6e78a465.jpg
Dr. Dave Delivers Delight!

martys
05-10-2007, 09:27 PM
I was lucky enough to see this bike and HEAR it roar with the nice pipes that was added. Marty, your neighbors are going to hate you when we go on our early morning rides this summer. :happy44: :p :happy44: :p :scared10:

Btw, it looks really sharp with the full fairings!
I live for being the neighborhood rooster :listen:

Scottsst
05-10-2007, 09:29 PM
that is one hot bike I will be a joy to hear and see it run on saturday !!!

we will take lots of pic's to document the first group ride with the new baby

Bong
05-10-2007, 09:31 PM
Congratulations - and let the farkling begin!!!! :jumping41 :happy44: :jumping41 :happy44:

Habanero
05-10-2007, 09:34 PM
Congrats Marty!

Beautiful bike...nice picture, too, you look reeeeally happy. Nothing like a new ride!

Enjoy, Scott

Rich Quarre
05-10-2007, 09:35 PM
Marty, Saw you new bike today at Duc Sea. That is a beautiful machine!:bowdown: Congrats...enjoy this weekend.

drewduc
05-11-2007, 12:50 PM
Congrats Marty. beautiful bike cant wait to see it tomorrow!:happy44:

Mitch
05-11-2007, 10:09 PM
Nice, Congrats! :happycheers:

kurtfriedrich
05-13-2007, 09:41 PM
SO how about a report on the new bike? How does it compare to your former Monster;
power
control
brakes
comfort, etc

??

Kurt

martys
05-13-2007, 10:03 PM
SO how about a report on the new bike? How does it compare to your former Monster;
power
control
brakes
comfort, etc

??

Kurt
only been riding it two days but so far its exceeding my expectations. the power of the 1000ds is soooo smooth. I know I haven't even started to experience what it can really do, but I'm sure it'll continue to grow on me. The suspension is noticibly better than the stock suspension on the monster. It still needs to be dialed in more as it feels a bit stiff, but it is much more responsive then the old ride. The brakes are the same, so no difference there. comfort is surprisingly good while riding - but in traffic it's really uncomfortable. The high rearsets - which now that I've been riding it for a few days aren't very different from the SBK I tried to ride - aren't too bad when riding, but getting my old hips to get my feet up and down is rough. No cramps, no pain but it is tiring after a while. The tapered shape of the tank is very comfortable compared to the supersport and sbk, so that's very nice for my full sized figure.

the handling is fantastic. it just falls into the turns and comes right out with little effort. I'm still adjusting to sliding my butt on the mono seat, but hanging in the corners is easier with the stretched out posture.

overall this is going to be a very fun ride. can't wait to get it broken in and ready for the track. hopefully I'll have it ready by July.