PDA

View Full Version : Pissed off sighting - 2Fast, please read

kurtfriedrich
04-28-2007, 03:53 PM
2Fast people, please listen up ... one of your sob's could have got me killed today!

Coming down I5 from Bothel just before woodinville at ~1:15 on my fat yamaha with my son on the back, in the slow lane. Old guy starts to merge with his cage, I slow down a little, also merging behind him is one of those chevy pickups that the rear seats converts into the bed of the truck. Bright red, yellow 2Fast signs on the side. He is following the old guy, merging too. He decides he can't wait, passes the old guy on the right, then stuffs himself in from of the old guy, cuts in, and then blasts down the road. Old guy slams on brakes, I slam on my brakes, and old white pickup following me slams on his brakes (and horn). I could have easily ran into the old guy, and the pickup behind me VERY easily could have taken me and my son out.

2Fast, figure out who was driving your truck today and take the keys away from them! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Two-Push
04-28-2007, 06:45 PM
Once again, evidence that one doesn't have to prove membership in the MENSA Society to get a driver's license.

Glad you're okay. Sounds as though you were using your skills to good effect. At least I'm glad we're reading about your experience here instead of in the newspaper.

ducmons
04-28-2007, 08:17 PM
i'm glad you and your son weren't hurt.

Rock
04-28-2007, 08:33 PM
Glad you AND your son are ok Kurt.

kurtfriedrich
04-28-2007, 08:41 PM
thanks guys.

No body had to lock up their brakes, but we were all hard on them with not much room left between vehicles.

I am off to Rome for the week, I am sure I'll see some much more interesting driving there!

Kurt

ducmons
04-28-2007, 09:31 PM
I am off to Rome for the week, I am sure I'll see some much more interesting driving there!

Kurt

Have fun over there. It's been years since I went. Incredible history in that area.

wsuduc
04-29-2007, 09:19 AM
I am off to Rome for the week.

When in Rome.... :happy57:

ducmons
04-29-2007, 11:18 AM
When in Rome.... :happy57:

That's right Kurt. When in Rome.......

Can't wait to see pics of you riding a Vespa around the Vatican.

EmDee
04-30-2007, 09:38 AM
Kurt, that was me and I owe you an apology. I know exactly the instance you're talking about and thought I had checked thoroughly before pulling out to go by the guy that had no clue where he was going and I had been stuck behind going through Bothell. Then once I was in the lane I saw a bike with a passenger on it and thought oh great, that outta be good for business :( My impatience got the best of me and even though I did a mirror and head check, it was too hasty and I missed seeing you which then caused a scary situation. I was in the wrong and am sorry for that.

However, I will take exception to your version of the story. I didn't pass on the right, I merged early. I didn't want to "cut it" to cause problems for the old guy because I don't believe in playing games with others, even if they are with me. However, traffic infront came to a slow down and I had to slow down becuase the left lane wasn't open at the time, then I did continue to speed up because I didn't want to cause a further cluster fudge for others, but it looks like the old guy took care of that himself. A combination of my impatience coupled with the old guy that was overly cautious and wasn't sure of where he was going made for a bad situation. My actions made everything worse and after the fact I regretted even doing it and thought that was pretty stupid of me, jeapordized a fellow motorcyclist and knew I shouldn't have done it.

That doesn't excuse the fact that I cut you off and am extremely sorry for the action. You can rip me in person for it if and when we see you at one of our events again. I know what it feels like to be cut off on a bike and it ain't fun and you have every right to be upset with me. Hopefully my apology will matter some and with the nice weather bringin more riders out, remind me and other's to triple check before changing lanes and merging when out in traffic.

Hope you have a nice trip to Rome and from what I understand, its controlled choas there when it comes to traffic. However, they have the upmost respect for motorcyclists and from what I've heard allow the bike to squeeze in-between the cars up to the front at the traffic lights and then the cars pause for a second as the light turns green, allowing the bikes to go off first unobstructed.

Sincerely,
Mark

Bong
04-30-2007, 09:58 AM
Nice to see someone taking ownership of a situation, thanks for posting.

So glad that Kurt and son did not get involved in an accident. Must have been really scary to go thru. :scared10:

On a side note, I was pushed into oncoming traffic on hwy 26 over the weekend. Pick up truck decided to change into my lane as I was passing him on his left...he knew I was there but he decided to change lanes anyways. We were in a group formation and no speeding involved.

Guess he didn't like bikers or just didn't care. Glad my reaction time was better than his :eek:

Sieg
04-30-2007, 10:14 AM
Mark - Very commendable apology IMO, of course I wasn't on the bike :happy57: but we all make mistakes and admitting to it publicly takes guts.

kurtfriedrich
04-30-2007, 02:13 PM
Kurt, that was me and I owe you an apology. I know exactly the instance you're talking about and thought I had checked thoroughly before pulling out to go by the guy that had no clue where he was going and I had been stuck behind going through Bothell. Then once I was in the lane I saw a bike with a passenger on it and thought oh great, that outta be good for business :( My impatience got the best of me and even though I did a mirror and head check, it was too hasty and I missed seeing you which then caused a scary situation. I was in the wrong and am sorry for that.

However, I will take exception to your version of the story. I didn't pass on the right, I merged early. I didn't want to "cut it" to cause problems for the old guy because I don't believe in playing games with others, even if they are with me. However, traffic infront came to a slow down and I had to slow down becuase the left lane wasn't open at the time, then I did continue to speed up because I didn't want to cause a further cluster fudge for others, but it looks like the old guy took care of that himself. A combination of my impatience coupled with the old guy that was overly cautious and wasn't sure of where he was going made for a bad situation. My actions made everything worse and after the fact I regretted even doing it and thought that was pretty stupid of me, jeapordized a fellow motorcyclist and knew I shouldn't have done it.

That doesn't excuse the fact that I cut you off and am extremely sorry for the action. You can rip me in person for it if and when we see you at one of our events again. I know what it feels like to be cut off on a bike and it ain't fun and you have every right to be upset with me. Hopefully my apology will matter some and with the nice weather bringin more riders out, remind me and other's to triple check before changing lanes and merging when out in traffic.

Hope you have a nice trip to Rome and from what I understand, its controlled choas there when it comes to traffic. However, they have the upmost respect for motorcyclists and from what I've heard allow the bike to squeeze in-between the cars up to the front at the traffic lights and then the cars pause for a second as the light turns green, allowing the bikes to go off first unobstructed.

Sincerely,
Mark

Yeah, I may have had the story a bit wrong, my while life (and my son's) was going thru my mind at the time. Thanks for posting. It was pretty bad driving, even if Ihad been in a car.

Kurt