PDA

View Full Version : Ducati AF Track Day, who's in?

DRS
08-31-2004, 01:05 PM
who is going and what are you riding? it would be nice to pit with some of you and have someone to chase around the track.

thanks for passing through.

Torben
08-31-2004, 01:08 PM
Last I heard from Mario we had something like 18 paid people :fighting despite the poll results.

We'll be setting up a group pit area - Mario, Dave R and I will work out the details and post the final info shortly.

Bong
08-31-2004, 01:13 PM
I'll be there...

DRS
08-31-2004, 01:22 PM
I'll be there...

oh there's a surprise. :rolleyes:

:happy57:

lll0228
08-31-2004, 01:29 PM
Me! Now that's really a surprise...

DJS
08-31-2004, 01:32 PM
I'll be there on the R6 :(. Can't afford to crash my Ducati with a new mortgage payment. See avatar for example...not good times man, not good times. And my finger still hurts too :p.

darkduc
08-31-2004, 01:39 PM
I'll be there! Well, I hope so... Gotta get that coupon mailed in... Mario! I'm in, right? :D

DRS
08-31-2004, 01:59 PM
I'll be there on the R6 :(. Can't afford to crash my Ducati with a new mortgage payment. See avatar for example...not good times man, not good times. And my finger still hurts too :p.

dude, why are you trying to kick that guy in front of you. that's dangerous and i don't want to see any of that on the 17th. ouch! :eek: when was that?

DJS
08-31-2004, 02:08 PM
I KNOW!!! That guy would not get out of my way so I though it faster to slide around the outside hee-hee. That was way back on August 13th. Did I mention my finger still hurts? :p

If you look closely you can just see my yellow number plate at the very rear of his back tire.

Holeshot
08-31-2004, 02:42 PM
Sent in a check and registered online.. have not heard anything... so I don't know what the status is. Planning to be there but if for some reason I'm not signed up I'm off to Reno for the Air Races on Thrusday instead of late Friday. :happy57:

kneedragger
08-31-2004, 03:10 PM
Our registration dept will be sending out confirmation emails to all of you who have paid within the next two days....

DRS
08-31-2004, 03:34 PM
I KNOW!!! That guy would not get out of my way so I though it faster to slide around the outside hee-hee. That was way back on August 13th. Did I mention my finger still hurts? :p

If you look closely you can just see my yellow number plate at the very rear of his back tire.

that looks a lot like turn 2 at PR? am i correct. which finger? i like to pull a molly shannon and tuck my hands into my arm pits in the event of a getoff. tee hee.....

DJS
08-31-2004, 03:44 PM
DRS, yes it was turn 2 @ PR. My left ring finger has never been the same. Makes it hard to jam into small cracks and such...in the rock climbing sense. :p

Apostate
08-31-2004, 04:04 PM
I had paid up and was all excited to be doing my 3rd track day, this time with my fellow DesmoNW riders when *BLAMO!* Someone took me out on my commute home Thursday 8/19. No memory of the incident or half of the commute before that and up until being in the ER afterward. I was on the Futura heading south on Airport road in Everett when (I think) someone blasted me as I went through the intersection at 100th St. Still waiting on the sheriff's office to send me the police report. Haven't been issued a ticket, so I can only assume I wasn't at fault. I have a broken ankle (going in for screws to hold it together on Thursday) and a broken neck (fractured C7 vertebra) along with road rash (mostly healed now) on both knees and a couple of nice gashes on my left shin; one of them to the bone that required stiches. And my helmet looks wicked sweet! :rolleyes: Munched visor. Scratches/gouges: left side, right side, back, top and front. I'll NEVER wear anything less than a full-face helmet after seeing what the road did to my helmet and extrapolating what it would've done to my noggin'!

I believe the Futura to be a total write-off, but that means new bike time! Wahoo! :happy36: I'm thinking ST4 to go with the 748 still in the garage. Of course, I'm also thinking ST1300, FJR, or another Futura. As you can see, I'm conflicted. ;)

Good news is, I still plan on heading down to the track day to hang out, watch you lucky bat's turds who get to ride, and cry some tears of jealousy. :p

Sorry for hijacking the post! We now return you to your regularly scheduled head count of who's going to the AF Desmo NW track day. :D

DRS
08-31-2004, 04:41 PM
I had paid up and was all excited to be doing my 3rd track day, this time with my fellow DesmoNW riders when *BLAMO!* Someone took me out on my commute home Thursday 8/19. No memory of the incident or half of the commute before that and up until being in the ER afterward. I was on the Futura heading south on Airport road in Everett when (I think) someone blasted me as I went through the intersection at 100th St. Still waiting on the sheriff's office to send me the police report. Haven't been issued a ticket, so I can only assume I wasn't at fault. I have a broken ankle (going in for screws to hold it together on Thursday) and a broken neck (fractured C7 vertebra) along with road rash (mostly healed now) on both knees and a couple of nice gashes on my left shin; one of them to the bone that required stiches. And my helmet looks wicked sweet! :rolleyes: Munched visor. Scratches/gouges: left side, right side, back, top and front. I'll NEVER wear anything less than a full-face helmet after seeing what the road did to my helmet and extrapolating what it would've done to my noggin'!

I believe the Futura to be a total write-off, but that means new bike time! Wahoo! :happy36: I'm thinking ST4 to go with the 748 still in the garage. Of course, I'm also thinking ST1300, FJR, or another Futura. As you can see, I'm conflicted. ;)

Good news is, I still plan on heading down to the track day to hang out, watch you lucky bat's turds who get to ride, and cry some tears of jealousy. :p

Sorry for hijacking the post! We now return you to your regularly scheduled head count of who's going to the AF Desmo NW track day. :D

:eek: sorry to hear this bro. glad you're healing up ok.

phildo
08-31-2004, 04:52 PM
I'll be there. Looking forward to meeting some of you guys, and learning a thing or two about how to ride this Monster of mine.
This will only be my second time on the track, first time was at PIR earlier this month at Ducfest or whatever it was called. Had a great time! can't wait to do it again. :D

lll0228
08-31-2004, 05:04 PM
I had paid up and was all excited to be doing my 3rd track day, this time with my fellow DesmoNW riders when *BLAMO!* Someone took me out on my commute home Thursday 8/19.
Ouch...sorry to hear that Apostate. Still hope to see you on trackday...

Holeshot
08-31-2004, 05:21 PM
I had paid up and was all excited to be doing my 3rd track day, this time with my fellow DesmoNW riders when *BLAMO!* Someone took me out on my commute home Thursday 8/19.

ACK!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

That really stinks. Glad it sounds like a full recovery is in the works. Man.. this seems like such a bad year for local riders. Sounds like it's not damped your spirits so... good on ya!

DJS
08-31-2004, 05:33 PM
Ya...that is horrible!!! Sounds like you were well taken care of and all the EMS people did a good job. Are things healing well for you?

CINDESMO
08-31-2004, 05:52 PM
Why on earth would you put your number plate on someone else's rear tire? That is just plain goofy! Not to mention bad for traction.

If your finger still hurts you can borrow my crutches. They're stickered up and ready to go.

cpcumming
08-31-2004, 06:56 PM
Total rookie. I'm excited and a little nervous but am really looking forward to it

lll0228
08-31-2004, 07:15 PM
Total rookie. I'm excited and a little nervous but am really looking forward to it
Same here. :) I'll join you in the beginners group. :)

Torben
08-31-2004, 07:25 PM
I'll be in group 3 as well. Maybe this time I won't run off turn 3.

Hint - for those of you who have either never done a track day or never riden PR, turn 3 is the hardest turn on the track. It's a downhill right hand decreasing radius turn and can be deceptive. Take it easy on this one - I should have my first time out; I'm just glad I was able to maintain control when I ran off :o

Holeshot
08-31-2004, 08:27 PM

Don't sweat it! :) I did my first track day in 6 years at DNW2004 and it was a hoot! I was amazingly calm as I did my first lap and it just kept getting better all day long!

Apostate
08-31-2004, 08:34 PM
Thanks for the well wishes everybody! My spirits are still definitely up! I'll see you all on the 17th!!!

DJS
08-31-2004, 09:34 PM
Hey Cind I only want to borrow your crutches if they are fast hee hee. I thought that guys rear tire needed some stickers and so I tried to paste them on the tire while moving...it was a bad idea. :p

Don't forget about turn 7. It's a negative camber turn and if you get on it too fast your rear will step out. Then there is turn 8 and it's a blind open throttle left hander. Then to end it all up there is a crummy bus stop...need I say more about that one (YUCK).

T did you almost poop your leathers hee hee?

Frenchy
08-31-2004, 09:51 PM
I am in. Any other 750 SS ? :happy44: I cannot wait. Frenchy :evilgrin3

TDAdams
08-31-2004, 09:52 PM
I'm joining the ultra beginner level too, complete with my new bike after 20 years of not riding, new leathers, and Bayliss replica Suomy..... god how embarassing is that. Whatever. I have always wanted to do a track day and now I'm going to do it. Feel free to wave as you pass. I promise to hold my line. :happy57:

lll0228
09-01-2004, 12:07 AM
Question to Mario: Will instruction be available for an extra fee?

kneedragger
09-01-2004, 07:26 AM
Yes, if you are wanting instruction, please let us know now. Remember, we have some of the fastest guys in the Pacific Northwest riding for us and are some of the best instructors out there. If you want instruction, its an additional $50 and you get them for as long as you need them during the day.

Its on a first come first served basis, so get hooked up with your favorite instructor today! Here is the List of our available Instructors...

#2 Barry Wressell
#3 Mark Gulin
#11 Mitchell Pierce
#43 Mike Mitchell
#72 Jim Pittman
#188 Lash Mullen
#348 Darren Murrey

Just email me here (mario@adrenalinefreaks.com) and let me know who you want for your instructor. You will need to pay once you get to the track.

Cheers,

Mario

Jim is Cool
09-01-2004, 10:14 AM
Well, looks like I'll show up to watch.

House had some issues that ended up costing a bit more than anticipated......project+older house=headache

At least the rain and wind is staying outside now. ;-)

lindsay
09-01-2004, 11:05 AM
i'll be there too, on the gray/yellow 748R.

is anyone going to do the NESBA track weekend sep 11th and 12th at SIR? i plan to also.

see y'all at the track --
lindsay

CINDESMO
09-01-2004, 01:38 PM
Of course the crutches are fast! Besides stickers from Ducati and Sidi they actually have a picture of a Multistrada on them!

If you want to feel really old AND slow, go out with Mitchell Pierce as your instructor! He has some great stories that are unintentionally funny.

MichaelN
09-06-2004, 05:37 PM
I'll be there, on my red 748 (with the CF wheels) in group 2. I'll probably be pitting with a friend on a yellow GSXR750 under a red (and maybe a blue as well) EZ-up.

Can't make the Sep 11/12 dates as I'm out of town.

Undecided about 2Fast at Spokane Sep 25/26 or NESBA at PIR Sep 27.

See you all out there!

Michael