PDA

View Full Version : Ducati S4Rs

JBagnall
05-12-2007, 06:25 PM
This is a test to see if I have the picture attachments figured out (:^).

I wanted to say hello and say a few words about myself. I have been riding for over 30yrs, mostly Japanese bikes with a British bike back in the 70's. Most recently an '03 Suzuki GSXR1000, 2 first Gen Yamaha R1's, Yamah FZ1, Suzuki 1200 Bandit and that takes care of the last 10yrs. First decent sized bike was a Honda 500 four in 1973. I have, in the past spent some time on Race Tracks, here in Vancouver ( old Westwood track) where I live and at SIR where I competed in a 6 hr Endurance Race back in the 80's with a fellow racer on a Yoshimura Suzuki 750, no we didn't win, and yes it rained for the whole race, but we didn't crash either !

Both my Brother and I have purchased a 2007 Ducati S4Rs in February of this year and I have been having a tough time getting off it even with the weather as it has been !

The bike pictured here is virtually stock and while I have made a few changes since this photo was taken it is still close to this. I have spent a bit of time working on adjusting the superb Ohlins suspension to get the bike handling the way I want and while there is still a bit to go, for the most part it's quite satisfying. There are plans for a bit of exhaust work, but I haven't decided on what way to go yet.

http://www.desmonorthwest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1538&stc=1&d=1179019336

Jeff B

Davidé
05-12-2007, 08:21 PM
Let me be the first to welcome you to DesmoNorthwest! We have a bunch of members who live up in BC (also on the WA/BC boarder), so you are sure to get in touch with some fellow ducatisti in the Great White North via DNW.

Enjoy that Monster -- she's a handfull! :happy44:

mofoninja
05-13-2007, 07:50 AM
Hello and welcome!

Just to clarify, you and your brother purchased 1 MS4Rs between the both of you or two? If just one, how do you decide who get to ride when? Rock-Paper-Scissors? You two must get along really well!

Again, welcome to the site!

Cheers!

-mofo

Davidé
05-13-2007, 09:12 AM
Two-up perhaps? :jumping41

JBagnall
05-13-2007, 02:00 PM
Thanks for the Welcome everyone.
To clarify, we each have a S4Rs. My brother bought a red S4Rs and I bought the white one pictured.
He also owns another Ducati, a very clean 1992 851 ( last yr for the 851 which came with the same body work as the first yr 888 )
that I also get a chance to swing a leg over. He just recently parted with a Multistrada which was a hoot to ride.

Thanks, Jeff B

Scottsst
05-13-2007, 04:53 PM
welcome to the world of the monster hope you and your brother have a good time on that bike its a real beast :bowdown: