PDA

View Full Version : Ducati Bike Night in Seattle?

steveg
05-16-2007, 05:38 PM
I recently moved up here from San Jose. Down there I didn't have a bike, but some friends did and they are active in the Ducati Owners Club. That club, for the past few years at least, has a once-a-month Ducati Bike Night.

http://www.ducatiowners.com/mh900e/events/sbdbn_schedule_2007.html

I've been to several and it's a great thing! They get from 80 to 100 Ducati's to show up and meet for dinner at a pizza place that's located in a funky outdoor mall, Santa Row. The mall agreed to set aside parking for them in front of the restaurant.

It's worth going to just for the sounds!

Has anything similar occurred in the Seattle Area?

Is there interest in creating one?

Bong
05-16-2007, 06:02 PM
Welcome to the PNW and glad you found DNW!

When I lived in the Bay Area back in the mid 90s I attended the montly Club Desmo meetings in San Jose. They were active back then, don't know if that still happens.

Up here it seems like everyone's schedules are so busy that it's been hard to schedule a montly gatherings. Group riding and get togethers are happening more and more though, as evidenced by the 20+ rider turnout for last Saturday's ride the JD led.

I will be doing my best to get more group rides organized this summer and it would be great to meet and have you join us. (and I do intend to ride the 1098:) )

wsuduc
05-16-2007, 07:49 PM
I was thinking about this the other day. Summer is coming upon us and a Thursday night get together on the 3rd Thursday of every month at a pre-determined location might not be a bad idea?

Wasn't there something like this in the past or was I thinking of another group?

jimmyd09
05-16-2007, 08:05 PM
Wow-
Talk about a thread that talks to you- I just happen to own a pizza place (Belltown Pizza)with a big deck (on the street) it is right on first ave.-and I also happen to have a beautiful carbon fiber covered 748 sitting in my garage. I can think of few things that I would enjoy more than to have a ducati night at my joint. If anybody had some thoughts on how to make this work I would be all ears.:riding: Jimmy D.

Jeremy
05-16-2007, 08:10 PM
I was thinking about this the other day. Summer is coming upon us and a Thursday night get together on the 3rd Thursday of every month at a pre-determined location might not be a bad idea?

Wasn't there something like this in the past or was I thinking of another group?

We tried a coffee night last year. Attendance was sparse. That said...it was cool the couple times I went.

router.exe
05-16-2007, 08:14 PM
Wow-
Talk about a thread that talks to you- I just happen to own a pizza place (Belltown Pizza)with a big deck (on the street) it is right on first ave.-and I also happen to have a beautiful carbon fiber covered 748 sitting in my garage. I can think of few things that I would enjoy more than to have a ducati night at my joint. If anybody had some thoughts on how to make this work I would be all ears.:riding: Jimmy D.

you got a tv we can watch motogp or wsbk on ?

Jeremy
05-16-2007, 08:15 PM
Wow-

That sounds cool! Is there street parking in front for motorcycles? Does the deck hold a decent amount of people?

It should be easy to set-up. Everyone just needs to agree on a time, say the 1st Thursday of every month at 7pm (for example). Then we all just show up and see how it goes.

I'd say go ahead and start a thread with a poll of a couple times that works for you and the pizza place and see what people think.

JeffE
05-16-2007, 08:16 PM
Let's find common ground and find a place/situation that would allow us to gather in mass, I would like to get to know more of my fellow ducatista's and motorcycle people in general! I am a family man but could find time for such an event.

Jeff

yarjammer
05-16-2007, 08:19 PM

That used to be when the DOC member meetings were held @ Norm's.

Jimmy-
DO NOT wait for us to agree on a time and day of the week or month ('cause we'll argue about it until nobody wants to do it)... just pick one and those who are interested will show up. Over time more will catch on. I can't stand coffee or coffee shops (living in wrong region of country) and would love to do something like this. :excited:

Bong
05-16-2007, 08:21 PM
One thing that prevents me from attending such events is a busy family schedule during evenings. I would try my best to attend though if gatherings were set up.

The pizza joint in Belltown sounds like a great idea!

jbcjr
05-16-2007, 08:50 PM
SET IT UP!

Rich Quarre
05-16-2007, 09:01 PM
I'm in. Thursday evenings in June (except the 14th) work for me. So do Tuesday and Wednesday evenings.
Rich

kamran
05-16-2007, 09:36 PM
I just happen to own a pizza place (Belltown Pizza)with a big deck (on the street) it is right on first ave.-.
So you are the guy that bought the place from C.J. huh...he struck gold with a couple of ideas of his, timing, and places he built and worked hard for the old fashion way...he's good guy...retired now in Palm Beach, huh? Say hello to him for me if you see him. We went back to when he used to bar-tend at Il Bistro in the early days...

The side walk patio there is pretty small if I recall correctly. Have you expanded it since? Look forward to trying the place under your ownership.

Third Thursady of the month is great. First two Thursdays coincide with Seattle & Kirkland's Art Walk (for those artists at heart).

pbtakacs
05-16-2007, 09:40 PM
I am all in, regardless of the day!

martys
05-16-2007, 09:44 PM
can we alternate locations each month? I know XXX in Issaquah has lots of outdoor seating and is popular with bike and car clubs. and the group dinner we did at Cafe Veloce in Kirkland was good too.

Carr
05-16-2007, 09:45 PM
I'd definitely be down for this. Best thing to actually make it happen is for someone to just decide on a time/place and post it up and see who can show.

Scottsst
05-16-2007, 09:52 PM
can we alternate locations each month? I know XXX in Issaquah has lots of outdoor seating and is popular with bike and car clubs. and the group dinner we did at Cafe Veloce in Kirkland was good too.
the XXX is a good spot to go its not to far away as to make it hard for people to get to

Bill Anderson
05-16-2007, 10:11 PM
I think the reason such events have not taken hold on weeknights in the past is Seattle traffic, which is stacked up both inbound and outbound in all directions between 4:00pm and 6:30pm every weekday. When I was working downtown, by the time I battled the rush hour traffic out to Edmonds, I had no intention of hopping on my bike and battling it once again to get back into Seattle.

My local riding group has been having a regular second Saturday dinner at Cafe Veloce in Kirkland for 4 years. I think the idea of a regularly scheduled weekend dinner not only helps avoid the traffic problems, but it can be incorporated into a ride if so desired.

kurtfriedrich
05-16-2007, 10:24 PM
+1 on the last 2 posts. I'd be at the XXX everytime, but I don't want to fight my way in 520 if the event is in seattle. Maybe we should have an east and west side set of events, since the seattle people aren't going to want to fight the bridges either.
Kurt

Scottsst
05-16-2007, 10:49 PM
+1 on the last 2 posts. I'd be at the XXX everytime, but I don't want to fight my way in 520 if the event is in seattle. Maybe we should have an east and west side set of events, since the seattle people aren't going to want to fight the bridges either.
Kurt

I think that could be the answer to the problem just do two seperate bike nights and maybe if we can all settle on a date and a place join up the two groups for one night sometime !

pbtakacs
05-16-2007, 11:04 PM
So....... then should we make a XXX night for next week? :party:

Dave R
05-16-2007, 11:30 PM
coming in late on this one... here's a twist
Place a free ad on craigslist stating that an Italian M/C Club is looking for a gathering spot in Seattle vicinity.. blah, blah, blah.... I wouldn't be surprised to find a few establishments lobbying for the opportunity to host a bunch cool Ducati's and some hungry Ducatsti on a slow ( ) night...
It would be nice if they wanted the group vs just a bunch of bikes showing up on a night they're short handed.. just an idea

Davidé
05-17-2007, 08:05 AM
This thread is awesome. Yeah, coffee night was attempted last year and as Jeremy said, attendance was sparse. :( But don't let that discourage anyone from trying to meet up. Anytime the DOC gets together (for a club-planned event or a gathering planned by members) is great on both personal and club levels. It's all about community and involvement.

That said, I'd be game to meet up with anyone -- for coffee, pizza, an oil change, whatever!

Rock
05-17-2007, 08:17 AM
Cool! I'm down. Can we get umbrella girls? :cool2:

mofoninja
05-17-2007, 10:27 AM
I'm in!

pbtakacs
05-17-2007, 10:45 AM
It sounds like we have enough interested parties here...... Anyone have any solid suggestions for time/place or should we follow daves advice and just post something on Craigslist to start off?

Jeremy
05-17-2007, 11:02 AM
It sounds like we have enough interested parties here...... Anyone have any solid suggestions for time/place or should we follow daves advice and just post something on Craigslist to start off?

Belltown Pizza seems interested for the Seattle meet-up. Just waiting for him to post up a time/day that works. We should probably coordinate with him so we don't all show up at a time when he's short staffed or something.

Davidé
05-17-2007, 11:02 AM
Belltown Pizza seems interested for the Seattle meet-up. Just waiting for him to post up a time/day that works. We should probably coordinate with him so we don't all show up at a time when he's short staffed or something.+1 and looking forward to it! Rock will be incharge of finding the umbrella girls -- I heard he's good at that! ;)

Bong
05-17-2007, 11:08 AM
Umbrella girls?

Ok I'm there!

MollyJ
05-17-2007, 11:09 AM
Rock will be incharge of finding the umbrella girls -- I heard he's good at that! ;)
K, I have to ask - what are umbrella girls? No laughing at me :p

Bong
05-17-2007, 11:14 AM

Molly, Molly, Molly - you don't want to go there. Knowing these guys they'll make you put on an outfit and provide you an umbrella! :scared10:

Sieg
05-17-2007, 11:18 AM
Looky here: http://www.umbrellagirlsusa.com/

ducmons
05-17-2007, 11:29 AM
enough talk about planning. Today is thursday. who's getting together tonight and where? I'll do my best to join. Have more boxes to pack before a trailer arrives for another load tomorrow.

Rock
05-17-2007, 12:09 PM

I think that's one of the best things you've ever posted. Consider them recruiters for the DOC.

Habanero
05-17-2007, 12:15 PM
enough talk about planning. Today is thursday. who's getting together tonight and where? I'll do my best to join. Have more boxes to pack before a trailer arrives for another load tomorrow.

How about one of my old haunts when I lived the neighborhood, the Dexter & Hayes Pub...on the corner of...amazingly, Dexter & Hayes.

Rock must live right around there...

I've been going on rides every night logging miles so I can get my 6,000 mi service out of the way before a trip in early June, I'll be back in town by 8-8:30 and will stop by there, or anywhere else people would like to meet.

scott

Rock
05-17-2007, 12:23 PM
How about one of my old haunts when I lived the neighborhood, the Dexter & Hayes Pub...on the corner of...amazingly, Dexter & Hayes.

Rock must live right around there...

I've been going on rides every night logging miles so I can get my 6,000 mi service out of the way before a trip in early June, I'll be back in town by 8-8:30 and will stop by there, or anywhere else people would like to meet.

scott

I live one block North on the West side of Dexter.

Parking on Dexter can be difficult and unless you can hold parking in front of the pub I think it would be tough.

The nice thing about D&H is that they have an outdoor beer garden down stairs behind the pub that could fit a group along with a game room. (FYI, you can do closed events there as well.)

Habanero
05-17-2007, 12:37 PM
The lot directly across Dexter is fair game after 5pm, the D&H has an agreement with those folks.

Lots of good people hang there...partner/bartender Jeff is a rider.

Rock
05-17-2007, 12:39 PM
The lot across Dexter is fair game after 5pm, the D&H has an agreement with those folks.

I did not know that, that's a good sized lot.

Davidé
05-17-2007, 12:43 PM
I'd be game to stop by D&H a bit later on with Jane... you guys have a time frame?

Rock
05-17-2007, 12:45 PM
I will be heading out of town tomorrow for the weekend so I won't be riding tonight.

Habanero
05-17-2007, 12:55 PM
I'd be game to stop by D&H a bit later on with Jane... you guys have a time frame?

8ish for me...

I'm sure Jeff would love to host a regular bike night if you guys are interested. I know he's been eyeballing Ducs, this will push him over the edge. He's a great guy. So is Joe & Julie, the other owners...

Good food there, also.

jimmyd09
05-17-2007, 01:22 PM
Holy s*$t- nice response-I am thinking that I would rather attend than host a bike night! :)

yarjammer
05-17-2007, 01:24 PM
Might stop by this evening @ D&H...

XXX would be cool as well next week. How 'bout thursday?

yarjammer
05-17-2007, 01:25 PM
Holy s*$t- nice response-I am thinking that I would rather attend than host a bike night! :)
Why not both?

Sieg
05-17-2007, 01:30 PM
I think that's one of the best things you've ever posted. Consider them recruiters for the DOC. The last UGUSA girls I saw on Speed TV at an event reminded me of: http://www.thejump.net/humor/tenn-bird-dogs.jpg

Davidé
05-17-2007, 01:43 PM
LMOA!!!

:lmao: :rofl :laugh2: :foflmao: :sign20:

Now that I have caught my breath, Thursdays tend to be good days for me. I may be able to get there, but closer to 9, no bike though.

ducmons
05-17-2007, 01:44 PM
D&H - 8pm. I'll swing by.

ducmons
05-17-2007, 01:44 PM
The last UGUSA girls I saw on Speed TV at an event reminded me of: http://www.thejump.net/humor/tenn-bird-dogs.jpg

Good heavens.... i just spewed water all over the keyboard.
:sign20: :sign20:

Bill Anderson
05-17-2007, 02:35 PM
MollyJ, don't let these guys BS you. The closest many of them have gotten to an umbrella girl is a cocktail waitress who served them a phoo-phoo drink with a tiny umbrella in it. :foflmao:

kurtfriedrich
05-17-2007, 02:58 PM

they keep the sun of the riders before the race starts,
or, they sell more tickets than the bikes do!

http://www.crash.net/picture_view~pid~149~picid~362510~cid~5~category_i d~0~event_id~~search_string~.htm

Kurt

Rich Quarre
05-17-2007, 05:34 PM
+1. Great idea, Kurt. I'd prefer to not fight the traffic. The XXX is a great spot...been to a lot of Sunday morning car gigs there, but never any bike gatherings. Have they done those? Maybe this would be worth looking into for a Ducati /European bike gathering? Next Thursday evening is good also.
Rich

Kurt

pbtakacs
05-17-2007, 07:44 PM
+1 For XXX next thursday can't wait to see you all there.....:riding:

ducmons
05-17-2007, 11:04 PM
The lot directly across Dexter is fair game after 5pm, the D&H has an agreement with those folks.

Here is a pic of the parking lot. It was confirmed this evening, we are allowed to park there.
http://www.desmonorthwest.com/photopost/data/500/1112IMAGE_067-med.jpg

Bill Anderson
05-18-2007, 07:55 AM
I will offer two locations for a north end bike night. Rory's in Edmonds has a very nice back deck from which you can watch the ferry depart and the trains go by. Parking is on the steet. Being Edmonds, the greatest threat to biker safety are the DWA-ers (Driving While Ancient).

Another location even further north is the Skagitt River Brew pub in Mt. Vernon. Wednesday night is all you can eat meat plate night. Plenty of parking on the street as Mt. Vernon is not the hottest night spot in the PNW. It also has a nice deck from which you can watch the trains go by (see a pattern?). Unfortunately, with all of the construction on I-5 through Everett, Mt. Vernon is not as easy to get to from Seattle as it once was.

yarjammer
05-22-2007, 06:59 PM
Bump...

What time do y'all want to meetup @ XXX? I'd suggest ~7pm.

Scottsst
05-22-2007, 07:07 PM
Bump...

What time do y'all want to meetup @ XXX? I'd suggest ~7pm.

i'm good with 7pm at XXX pick a day !!!

Rich Quarre
05-22-2007, 07:09 PM
7 pm at the XXX works for me...what day are we taking about?
Rich

pbtakacs
05-22-2007, 08:21 PM
7pm, I am also in as well if thats ok..... how about thursday, looks to be the nicest day with the highest temps!:cool2:

Rich Quarre
05-22-2007, 08:29 PM
7 pm Thursday, 5/24, at the XXX is great.

Scottsst
05-22-2007, 08:59 PM
thursday works . see ya there

yarjammer
05-22-2007, 09:11 PM
Thursday's great... it's my 30th B-day.

wsuduc
05-22-2007, 09:23 PM

Uh oh, need to get out the spanking machine!! :action027

gregc
05-23-2007, 03:10 PM
7 pm Thursday, 5/24, at the XXX is great.
Where's the XXX?

Rich Quarre
05-23-2007, 03:22 PM
The XXX Drive-In is in Issaquah. It's a family style old fashion drive-in (in case you're wondering about the name) that's actually become some sort of official landmark. From I-90 eastbound take the second Issaquah exit, Front Street, I believe. Stay right and head southbound, but immediately get in the left turn lane for the first intersection (4 way light). I believe it's Gillman Blvd. You'll see the XXX off to your left, just past the service station on the corner. Turn left on Gillman to get to the XXX. Someone let me know if I've got the street names wrong.
Rich

martys
05-23-2007, 05:58 PM
here's some more inof if you've never been there before...
http://www.issaquahhistory.org/sites/xxxdrivein.htm

and for those who navigate visually ...

http://www.issaquahhistory.org/sites/images/xxx-drive-in.jpg

http://www.issaquahhistory.org/sites/images/xxx-cars1999.jpg

wish I could join you, but I'm packing the land yacht for the Spring Ride which starts Friday morning. I'll catch up with everyone at the next eastside get together after we return.

Have fun!

ducmons
05-23-2007, 06:28 PM

Happy B-Day man. Wish I could join you and the rest of group, but I'll be out of town.

bob wells
05-23-2007, 06:41 PM
Uh oh, need to get out the spanking machine!! :action027

And her name would be....?:whip:

Happy B-Day

Aloha

SURVEYOR
05-23-2007, 10:12 PM
Happy B-Day man. Wish I could join you and the rest of group, but I'll be out of town.
SHAW ISLAND
WHEN?

sport1000
05-23-2007, 10:20 PM
Anyone want to get out in the morning I was thinking about going north and maybe doing a run up to Sultan via Carnation Duval rd., and Monroe.I need to be back in Kent by 4:00pm however. Can leave by 9 or 9:30am.

ducmons
05-23-2007, 11:08 PM
SHAW ISLAND
WHEN?

we're temporarily moving up this weekend since we have to move out of our house. i'll be making trips back and forth thru monday/tuesday.

cptnsaveaho
05-24-2007, 05:06 AM
Are there people going tonight to xxx?

pbtakacs
05-24-2007, 05:27 AM
Yes,I believe there are 5 or 6 of us going tonight.

martys
05-24-2007, 07:00 AM
SHAW ISLAND
WHEN?
I think I hear a Duc ride coming up to the islands soon :happy57:

ToddEichel
05-24-2007, 07:46 AM
I should be able to make it, it's about a half mile from my house. Family's coming in tomorrow for the weekend, though, so I've got a bit of cleaning to do today to get spousal approval. Though, looking outside right now, I feel like Ferris Beuller, can I really be expected to do housework on a day like this?

kurtfriedrich
05-24-2007, 08:23 AM
Yes,I believe there are 5 or 6 of us going tonight.
I am about 95% sure I'll be there.

gregc
05-24-2007, 09:18 AM
I'm thinking I might make the run. Anyone else coming from the Ballard, Magnolia, Queen area want to join up?

Rich Quarre
05-24-2007, 09:19 AM
I'll be there.
Rich

Habanero
05-24-2007, 09:51 AM
I'm heading out for a late afternoon ride, I'll try to stop back in at the XXX

Bong
05-24-2007, 10:27 AM
Sorry can't make it this time. I have to finish up packing for the trip and the wifey wouldn't be too happy if I rode tonight.

Have fun and take lot's of pictures!

pbtakacs
05-24-2007, 11:07 AM
"Will do...sorry you cannot make Mr. Bong".
http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/adc/10101807A~Sean-Connery-James-Bond-Posters.jpg

SURVEYOR
05-24-2007, 04:18 PM
I think I hear a Duc ride coming up to the islands soon :happy57:
Marty
BRING YOUR WORK CLOTHES I'LL TEACH YOU HOW TO SURVEY

I'll be at xxx tonight

steveg
05-24-2007, 04:45 PM
If you wanted to get to XXX a bit after 7pm from downtown Seattle, how is the traffic once you are on either I-5 or 90?

I can get on I-5 near REI or I can cut thru downtown/cap hill to 90.

I have no idea if I should avoid the short I-5 stint and I have no idea what traffic like if you hit 90 at say 7pm tonight.

If you know, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks...

yarjammer
05-24-2007, 04:48 PM
See y'all there!

Scottsst
05-24-2007, 05:46 PM
not me sorry guys! next time

Rock
05-24-2007, 06:45 PM
On my way!:jumping41

seattle.guy
05-24-2007, 07:04 PM
I'd be there...if I had a bike!

I'm about to buy a really clean, well sorted '00 996s (yes yes...it's on Ebay). I spoke to the owner today, spoke to the dealership that tricked it out, and yes I've done my research on 996's. The price is right and I figure I can get my feet wet with a SBK without putting out muchcho cash.

Wish me luck. If it all works, I'll be riding by mid-June.

G

Shaken...but never stirred.

Rich Quarre
05-24-2007, 09:41 PM
Great seeing everyone...was it nine bikes tonight? It's nice putting some friendly faces to the names. Hope we can keep the Ducati Bike Night thing going.
Rich

Rock
05-24-2007, 09:47 PM
And home. As Rich said, great putting more faces to names. Great day to ride.

Glad I saw the THREE Staters in the median on the way to Issaquah

It would be fun to make this a regular Thursday thing. Hope we can get more of you out there!

Cheers!

Rock

Rock
05-24-2007, 09:59 PM
Anyone take any pics of the group tonight? I didn't even think to.

kurtfriedrich
05-24-2007, 10:08 PM
Great seeing everyone...was it nine bikes tonight? It's nice putting some friendly faces to the names. Hope we can keep the Ducati Bike Night thing going.
Rich

Bong, compared to Rich's bike, yours is dirty! Geeze, I don't think they are that clean when EMS delivers them!

Kurt

Rich Quarre
05-24-2007, 10:18 PM
Thanks, Kurt! :)

pbtakacs
05-24-2007, 11:56 PM
I believe there was in fact 9....good showing! I did take a few phone photos, (I'll post them tomorrow) but next time I will bring a better camera.

I would be down for something on a weekly basis, so unless we suggest a different day lets plan for Thursdays. If the weather shifts we will play it by ear and perhaps mix it up.

It was great to meet you guys and hopefully I will see you all next week! :riding: Have a great Memorial Day, I'm heading for the coast tomorrow thru Tuesday.

See ya!

Bong
05-25-2007, 06:59 AM
Bong, compared to Rich's bike, yours is dirty! Geeze, I don't think they are that clean when EMS delivers them!

Kurt

I'll have to take notes on how to do so! :)

So where are the pix!?!?!?!? :rolleyes:

I will asbolutely be there next time!

pbtakacs
05-25-2007, 07:28 AM
Well like I said these are sorry excuses for photos cause of the Blackberry :rolleyes: but next time I will bring the SLR....

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f175/pbtakacs/IMG00127.jpg
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f175/pbtakacs/IMG00125.jpg
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f175/pbtakacs/IMG00126.jpg
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f175/pbtakacs/IMG00124.jpg
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f175/pbtakacs/IMG00123.jpghttp://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f175/pbtakacs/IMG00122.jpg
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f175/pbtakacs/IMG00121.jpg
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f175/pbtakacs/IMG00120.jpg
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f175/pbtakacs/IMG00119.jpg

Rich Quarre
05-25-2007, 07:45 AM
Thanks for posting the pixs. You all have a safe Memorial Day weekend.
Rich

yarjammer
05-25-2007, 09:20 AM
+1 on the pics...

It was great meeting all of you! I look forward to seeing y'all again soon.

Rock
05-25-2007, 10:36 PM
How does Alki sound for next Thursday 5/31?

Rich Quarre
05-26-2007, 05:29 AM
How does Alki sound for next Thursday 5/31?

Great! I'm in.
Rich

Scottsst
05-26-2007, 02:20 PM
name the place and I'm in provided nothing else bad happens to me !

Rock
05-26-2007, 09:22 PM
name the place and I'm in provided nothing else bad happens to me !
Here's to the spirit of positive thinking!

sport1000
05-27-2007, 09:57 PM
Count me in as well, I couldn't make it last thursday because of prior comiment but wll be there this thursday weather pemitting.

Scottsst
05-27-2007, 10:40 PM
I don't think I asked but where on alki are we meeting and at what time? 7 was a good time last week

pbtakacs
05-27-2007, 11:41 PM
I am in as well Rock!

Rock
05-27-2007, 11:50 PM
Well, Let's try in front of SBUX, otherwise I'm sure we'll figure it out.

pbtakacs
05-28-2007, 12:11 AM
Here?

2742 Alki Ave SW, Seattle, 98116

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=starbucks+alki+seattle+washington&ie=UTF8&z=13&om=1

steveg
05-29-2007, 02:21 PM
I'll be there...

It looks like a great spot.

austin
05-29-2007, 02:38 PM
Leah and I are going to try to make it as well... For me, it depends on if I get my bike back from DucSea, although David said they're waiting on a front axle, so I might still be bikeless.

Austin

gregc
05-29-2007, 02:49 PM
Did a test ride there Monday. Excellent scenery! See you there.

Rock
05-30-2007, 08:44 AM
Here?

2742 Alki Ave SW, Seattle, 98116

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=starbucks+alki+seattle+washington&ie=UTF8&z=13&om=1

Yup, that be the spot.

wsuduc
05-30-2007, 01:05 PM
So I am a bit slow and not too bright.

Starbucks in Alki at 7:30?

Rock
05-30-2007, 01:14 PM
So I am a bit slow and not too bright.

Starbucks in Alki at 7:30?

Alki Starbucks aye aye!!

I think the previous meet ups have been arriving at 7 pm and thereafter. I will plan on being there at 7 pm.

Rock
05-30-2007, 01:18 PM
We could do a group departure from DS at say 6:40 if anyone is interested. I will be at DS at 6:30 pm.

wsuduc
05-30-2007, 01:51 PM
Ok good. DS at 1830. I need to go down and razz Gabe and Jared anyways! :happy44:

Davidé
05-30-2007, 01:55 PM
Ok good. DS at 1830. I need to go down and razz Gabe and Jared anyways! :happy44:They always deserve a good razzing! :)

AM-A-Duc
05-30-2007, 03:11 PM
Oh but they deserve much more than one can ever give.:happy57:
after all they invite abuse........it would be rude not to accommodate them !:cool2:

IZ_
05-30-2007, 07:20 PM
We tried a coffee night last year. Attendance was sparse. That said...it was cool the couple times I went.

Hopefully things pick up a little by the time I get there!!

Bike night at the pizza place and wathcing the races there would be great!!

Rich Quarre
05-30-2007, 08:10 PM
Ducati SEA at 6:30 pm sounds good...I'll be there. Alki Starbucks at or after 7:00 pm.
Rich

Scottsst
05-30-2007, 08:12 PM
I may meet up at DS I need to go down there anyway !!

Two-Push
05-31-2007, 02:03 PM
I really don't want to go through pages of posts.

What's the "deal" on this? Did it happen? Is it going to happen? When? Where?

Why didn't Nathan Reynolds tell me about this?

pbtakacs
05-31-2007, 02:10 PM
This is an evolving post, this weeks meeting is tonight starting at Ducati Seattle at 630pm and heading to the Starbucks on Alki at 7pm. Hope to see you there, Im going to try to make it but work is taking over my day.

Rock
05-31-2007, 02:12 PM
I really don't want to go through pages of posts.

What's the "deal" on this? Did it happen? Is it going to happen? When? Where?

Why didn't Nathan Reynolds tell me about this?

Here are the details Too Lazy To Push :poke: :

Meet at DS at 6:30 pm Thursday May 31, 2007, depart from there to arrive at Starbucks on Alki around 7 pm.

Hope to see you there.

wsuduc
05-31-2007, 02:30 PM
I had planned on coming to DS at 6:30, but plans changed a bit.

Hopefully I can make to Starbucks. How late do people usually stay or is it a grab a coffee and then hit the road type thing?

Two-Push
05-31-2007, 02:41 PM
This is an evolving post, this weeks meeting is tonight starting at Ducati Seattle at 630pm and heading to the Starbucks on Alki at 7pm. Hope to see you there, Im going to try to make it but work is taking over my day.

Thanks very much. I'll keep an eye on the board and try to make one of the next rides.

Rock
05-31-2007, 04:14 PM
Hey Surveyor, did you ever post the pics of the SPD's new paddy wagon from Alki last week?

Syzygy
05-31-2007, 06:32 PM
Damn, I was all set to go tonight and on my way home the dreaded 1098 stalling hit hard. Couldn't get it started at a light in Kirkland, very embarrassing. I hope not to show up on the "sightings" thread in that state :)

Bike is on its way to Eastside for diagnostics now.

See you all at the next event, I hope.

- Brian

jkester92
05-31-2007, 07:59 PM
Damn, I was all set to go tonight and on my way home the dreaded 1098 stalling hit hard. Couldn't get it started at a light in Kirkland, very embarrassing. I hope not to show up on the "sightings" thread in that state :)

- Brian I found my bike to be faster when it stalls if I wear my tennis shoes. How about you?:mad:

Rock
05-31-2007, 10:04 PM

- Brian

Lame!! Good luck, hope to see you next time.

Scottsst
05-31-2007, 10:05 PM
good to see everyone tonight! thanks to rock for letting me know about my tail light being out !

and this one is for rock you wanted to see a picture from the top of pikes peak well here you go !!

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x117/SCOTTSST/Scott045.jpg

Rock
05-31-2007, 10:07 PM
We had a great group again tonight. About 10 bikes total and even 3 who showed up bikeless!

Great seeing everyone. Unitl next time.

Scottsst
05-31-2007, 10:12 PM
oh yeah is there anyway we could get this thread turned into a sticky?

Rich Quarre
05-31-2007, 10:12 PM
Great seeing more faces and bikes tonight. Kirkland next week. How about any ideas for places with more outdoor seating (XXX last week was good in that respect). Who's got the pics?
Rich

Rock
05-31-2007, 10:20 PM
good to see everyone tonight! thanks to rock for letting me know about my tail light being out !

and this one is for rock you wanted to see a picture from the top of pikes peak well here you go !!

As we were puting to the bridge, your light didn't come on until we were braking. We we got on the bridge either you were braking UP the bridge or you have a short.

Great pic!

Norton992
05-31-2007, 10:25 PM
Dave at Eastside has the Multi's problem figured out, now I just have to wait for it to get finished. It may yet make it to Dyno Day at Sea Duc. Losing your Duc for almost two months is almost beyond reason. All of these great get togethers and there sits the Multi.

sport1000
05-31-2007, 10:29 PM
Had fun with you all tonite, looking foward to doing it again.

kamran
05-31-2007, 10:39 PM
Good to see and meet some of you guys...

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w86/kamranmarashi/Alkai1.jpg

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w86/kamranmarashi/Alkai2.jpg

SURVEYOR
05-31-2007, 10:50 PM

I heard they started to pave the road to the top should be compleded by 2008.

Scottsst
05-31-2007, 10:56 PM
I heard they started to pave the road to the top should be compleded by 2008.

yeah I have heard that to I'm not to sure how I feel about that :puzzled:

06-01-2007, 07:39 AM
It was great meeting all of you last night. I'm looking forward to meeting up again when I have my wheels back.

yarjammer
06-01-2007, 02:25 PM
As far as outdoor seating in Kirkland....

The Slip (outdoor patio seating w/ decent food & drink)

Wingdom (never been there, but I think a DNW member works there)

The Shark (Bar & "grill" w/ large patio- could be an issue for the minors in the group)

Kidd Valley (Outdoor seating, good food & shakes, and cheap!) *My pick

The real issue is parking with all except the latter.... Another possibility is just meeting up somewhere along LW Blvd and hanging out near the water.

Please, anywhere but a coffee place....:bang:

Rich Quarre
06-01-2007, 05:00 PM
Kidd Valley is good. You mentioned the shakes, great burgers also...I'm in. Do you remember if there is any parking across the street on the lake side in front of the park? Their lot is kind'a small and sloped, if I recall.

Syzygy
06-01-2007, 06:13 PM
There's parking across the street at the city park (Houghton Beach), but this fills up quickly. There's free angle-in parking along 59th St. to the south of Kidd Valley. Kidd Valley itself has a pretty small parking lot but there may be some space there for a few people.

Here's a map, use the bird's eye view to see parking. http://tinyurl.com/2n8vu4

Tifoso
06-02-2007, 12:10 PM
I nominate Timeout Sports Bar on 85th.