PDA

View Full Version : Ducati Production Numbers??

seattle.guy
05-22-2007, 04:08 PM
As I continue to research my next "ride", I have had a hard time finding production numbers for each model that Ducati has produced since the year 2000. I've done net searches, searched a number of owner forums, and even spent time on DNA's site.

Anyone who knows where to dig up this info, please contact me.

Much appreciated in advance!

Glenn

Dazed yet confused :cool2:

Dave R
05-22-2007, 04:34 PM
Didn't you buy that lovely 998S-FE ?

seattle.guy
05-22-2007, 05:07 PM
hi Dave...

Not yet. Still pondering a number of options. My practical side says a new 620 Multistrada for around town usefulness, but my passionate side is still saying 996-998-999....at the right price.

The search continues.

G

kurtfriedrich
05-22-2007, 05:46 PM
hi Dave...

Not yet. Still pondering a number of options. My practical side says a new 620 Multistrada for around town usefulness, but my passionate side is still saying 996-998-999....at the right price.

The search continues.

G
You are screwed. Many times in my 27 bike history I have debated between a sensible, very useful bike, and the bike my heart wanted. Which ever one I buy, within 6 months I feel like I MUST have the other. I have flipped back and forth way too many times. The only cure is to have 2 bikes.
Kurt

seattle.guy
05-22-2007, 06:08 PM
Tell me about it!

I've owned over 45 cars (mostly new) in my life. Since I'm an old "gasoline in the veins" Detroiter (and ex Automotive guy) the grass always looks greener at the next Auto show. I've owned about 8 bikes since the '80's, but have never had a Superbike. My last two-wheeler was a '05 Vespa 200GT which I rode all over town (top speed 80 mph) and used the hell out of it for local shopping, errands, etc. That's my practical side.

The last bike I had was a new '00 Monster 900s. Great bike, but since I was working like a dog at the time, barely amassed many miles before I sold it three years later to a young lad from Bellingham.

Yes, I am screwed. We all are. What a way to go!

Shaken, but not stirred.

yarjammer
05-22-2007, 06:29 PM
Go to Borders or B&N and look for a book titled "Standard Catalog of Ducati." It isn't very big, but it has the production numbers for nearly all models up to early '00s along with tidbits of info and improvements made over the years to each model.
If you want to know how many of a particular bike broken down by model/year/color I could tell you... If you are looking for a broad span I would just go check out the book or let me know before 5/24 ~5pm and I'll bring it to XXX

Catimann
01-01-2008, 11:05 PM
Thanks for the lead about the book, there is also a book: Falloon's "Ducati Desmoquattro Superbikes" that I got from another forum.

Andreas

robhar54
01-01-2008, 11:58 PM
hi Dave...

The search continues.

G

Hey Glenn, I'm going to be putting my nicely equipped Multi 620 up for sale in the next month or so. If you decide to go that route, let's talk.

Rob

sport1000
01-02-2008, 12:59 AM
Two bikes is the way to go for sure I have two and want about three or four more!

Catimann
01-02-2008, 08:03 AM
The more you have the more you want. First one for each occasion and tehn perhaps a second of a similar type because it is just too cool not to own. Then you buy a special one for a trip but just keep it cause it's so good. Then a collector bike and before you know it your at 10.

That said does anyone have the production no's for the 1995 & 96 916 including the Senna?

Andreas
4 and counting.