PDA

View Full Version : NESBA T/D?

deanduc
05-27-2007, 01:03 PM
I'll be at the 6-2 NESBA T/D, my first with them. In reviewing thier Riders Manual it says, Full Circumference Required [in bold print], in reguard to coats and pants zipping together. My stuff has about a 12 inch zipper in back. Is this going to be a problem I need to correct? I seem to recall seeing something about this but was unable to find it, sorry if this is a repeat.
Thanks Dean

gregc
05-27-2007, 03:07 PM
I specifically called and asked NESBA about full zipper or partial. They told me I needed a full zipper, not just one in the back. Bought new leathers, however no one ever checked.

kurtfriedrich
05-27-2007, 08:46 PM
I'll be at the 6-2 NESBA T/D, my first with them. In reviewing thier Riders Manual it says, Full Circumference Required [in bold print], in reguard to coats and pants zipping together. My stuff has about a 12 inch zipper in back. Is this going to be a problem I need to correct? I seem to recall seeing something about this but was unable to find it, sorry if this is a repeat.
Thanks Dean

Others have said "it will be ok". I was at their event in April, and they required a check of leathers - but it seemed to be voluntary? Couldn't see how they were checking if people did or did not take their stuff back over. They check the bike, and give you a sticker, but you did not have to have your leathers with you to get the bike done.

However, I did get mine checked. Mine had only a zipper in the back, and like you, I got nervous, so I had the "leather maids" in Kirkland sew in 2 short zippers on either side of the front. The first guy to look at it didn't just say "good", but rather asked another guy if that was sufficient. He said yes, but the whole thing gave me the feeling if I didn't have those zippers added I would have gotten a "NO".

Their book also says you must REMOVE your mirrors. I even sent mail to them and they confirmed you must. But others on this site had said no, so I decided to test it, and just taped mine and it passed, no questions.

My foggy memory says their was some discussion about me being in Beginners, and maybe if I was in intermediate, the checks would have been different?

Go figure.
Kurt