PDA

View Full Version : The Milona is going home

Dave R
09-03-2004, 07:58 AM
If you haven't had a chance to stop in and see the beautiful NCR/Poggiopolini Milona you had better hurry ! It leaves this coming Monday. This is a sub 300lb, 85HP, hand built Ducati powered race bike.. the craftsmanship is top shelf. In it's place will be the incredible NCR Macchia Nera ! www.racemetal.com This has been shown in the Robb Report Motorcycling. It uses a World SBK Ducati 4 valve motor (180HP) in a "Street Fighter" package designed by Aldo Druidi that is beyond belief ! Along with this cool bike we will also have one of Pier Francesco Chili's World Superbikes on display ! So stop in by Sat and then again next week ! You won't believe these bikes !

RockStar
09-03-2004, 08:17 AM
(Macchia) Only $1000 per 1hp! What a bargain.

charon
09-03-2004, 09:31 AM
Dave, please post again when the NCR Macchia Nera arrives. I would love to see that bike.

Dave R
09-06-2004, 10:07 AM
Ok, the Milona left yesterday but not without a hard twist of the throttle down the back alley :happy44:
Oh my ! Even though that was supposedly a stock 1000DS motor, I would say it accelerated as hard or harder than any Ducati I have ridden to date ! It was absolutely a rocket ! I imagine the power to weight ratio had a lot to do with it, 253lbs with an 85hp motor...this would make a very competitive club bike with no doubt ! It weighs 5 kilo's more than the incredible Ducati Supermono, produces more HP, sells for less than you will ever find a supermono for and uses an off the shelf motor ! Awesome bike...

Ok in trade, the very kind folks from www.racemetal.com entrusted us with two more incredible Ducati's. We have the "Macchia Nera" is in our front window AND the bike that Pierfransico Chili won Laguna Seca World Superbike race on in 2003 !! Both of these bikes are for sale as was the Milona. The "Macchia Nera" uses a 998RS World SBK motor which produces 180 HP !!! :scared10: and this one only weighs 297lbs !!! You have to see this bike in person to understand it. Grade 9 Titanium used for the frame (9 lbs), magnesium swingarm (8.5 lbs) and titanium rear hub, titanium bits are everywhere ! The 53mm Ohlins front forks are only seen in the Moto GP paddock and they are matched up with 302mm Brembo MotoGP1 ventilated discs..and full suspension telemetry fed back to the onboard computer.
You need to come check this bike out..... wow

The 2003 Ducati WSBK 2.08:1 power to weight ratio vs 10 years ago Ducati WSBK 888 was 2.54:1 P to W. This bike took Frankie to his glorious win at Laguna Seca during the 2003 round of WSBK. The motor was rebuilt after the last race of the year at Magny-Cours and is fresh and ready to win races !

Also when you stop in, take a look at the titanium bits and pieces we have for sale from the great folks at NCR/Poggioponili/Racemetal. Lots of titanium bolts and fasteners for Ducati's along with stunning clutch covers, handlebars and rearsets !

We are very proud to showcase these products, stop in soon !

charon
09-06-2004, 11:16 AM
I can't wait to see this bike in person. It has to be the most amazing bike I've ever seen pictures of. Thanks for showing these Dave. I'm off to buy my lotto tickets. :)

Dave R
09-06-2004, 11:21 AM
I can't wait to see this bike in person. It has to be the most amazing bike I've ever seen pictures of. Thanks for showing these Dave. I'm off to buy my lotto tickets. :)

Good Luck !!!

TDAdams
09-10-2004, 07:38 PM
Stopped into DucSea tonight to see the Nera and Chili's bike. As good as the pics are, these bikes are drop dead gorgeous close up. You look at the front suspension on the Nera especially and you think, ok, what kind of cornering load is it going to take to compress that fork ... :scared10: whew.... Then you go look at Chili's superbike and you think for a second, ok, Frankie's cool, he's 40, I'm 40 .... oh wait... he has talent and guts.. :happy57: Go see these bikes!!

charon
09-11-2004, 08:31 AM
I was there yesterday and bought a new badly needed helmet. Chili's bike is real cool, but I've never seen anything like the Nera. I'd seen pictures of it on the net long before I knew it was even going to come to Duc Sea, but seeing it in person, it was a work or art. That Ti frame is astounding, those forks are massive.

The whole bike is amazingly well built and screams quality all around. I haven't won the lottery yet or that bike would be mine.

would it be a bad financial decision to sell the house and get a 30 year mortgage on the Nera and a crappy van to live in by the river?

CINDESMO
09-11-2004, 10:58 AM
You would be the coolest guy around if you bought the Macchia Nera! I am sure that you would have many friends. Your phone will ring off the hook. :evilgrin3