PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a PIR track event for novice

Perfution
06-11-2007, 08:33 PM
Any intel on which organization runs track events for novices at PIR that doesn't require full circumference attachment between jacket and pants? I want to introduce a touring friend, and myself, to a track event for the first time but having to buy special gear for a first time is out of the question. We do have CE rates textile stuff but it doesn't zip together to NESBA standards. And neither of us can afford to get leathers. PIR is the intent given the good pavement and safe runouts but Spokane or PRI would be 2nd choices. Thanks.

ride57
06-11-2007, 08:55 PM
Check out www.2-fast.org, www.adrenalinefreaks.com, and NESBA www.nesba.com. I believe that all are less strict on 100 level riders. I didnt have zip together gear when I did my first few times at 2-fast.

Ive been to 2fast and nesba. both are very good with new track beginners.

Have fun, you'll love it and be hooked!

Bones
06-11-2007, 09:19 PM
NESBA does have leathers for rental and their "N" group (2 free 20 minute sessions) does not have the same requirement.

I would contact Adrenaline Freaks and 2-Fast to find out their policy

ddix
06-11-2007, 09:39 PM
Call Moto Corsa in Portland. I don't think they require zip up for the C group.
503 292 7488

Mitch
06-12-2007, 12:08 AM
I would call each place and talk to a real person. The reality is often not as strict as what you find on the "official policy" on the website. But, consider yourself warned, track days are addictive and will soon be burning a hole in your pocket! :cool2:

Perfution
06-12-2007, 08:30 PM
Awesome...thanks to all for the feedback. Re getting addicted, yes, I understand. A few years ago, made the mistake of taking an Audi Avant to PIR. Five years, 3 cars and a small annuity fund later, I've only learned I need a cheaper outlet than 4 wheels.

Mitch
06-12-2007, 11:41 PM
Well after cars, bikes will seem downright cheap! :happy44:

(lower initial purchase price, two smaller wheels instead of four, lower track day fees and less to repair :) )

What do car track day fees cost? $400-600? Tires?

Bong
06-12-2007, 11:46 PM

(lower initial purchase price, two smaller wheels instead of four, lower track day fees and less to repair :) )

Geez Matt, when are we going to turn you Miata into an Autocross champion!! :rolleyes:

Mitch
06-13-2007, 12:09 AM
:whistling:

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Nah, I'm just curious, the last thing I need is another vehicle that makes semi-annual visits to the track. :riding:

Perfution
06-14-2007, 07:36 PM

About $220 for a car track event. Tires can be $800 for a weekend but if you don't want DOT R compound, much much less. THe real cost is the car prep itself.

AM-A-Duc
06-14-2007, 08:09 PM
I have a A-mod open wheeled car you can prep cheep I will sell you. Tires will last 2 weekends (if you dont drive on them the second weekend):) It creates more down force than the carís weight.