PDA

View Full Version : DesmoNorthwest Shindig

RockStar
09-08-2004, 11:55 AM
A couple of us have been researching ideas for a party to celebrate the Forum's success so far, ride, and basically just interact over some great food.

We've narrowed the field down to a couple that we thought were pretty good:

1. Axis Restaurant in Seattle.

For most this would be a short ride but the dining is absolutely great. Nathan has connections that could yield some group discounts on alcohol for those who choose to drink, we'd get use of their banquet room and could arrange space in front on 1st Avenue for Ducati parking.

2. Trinacria Ristorante Italiano in Olympia.

This could turn into a great ride from the Seattle area down the Hood Canal route to stop in Olympia at a great family owned Sicilian restaurant. This is one of Olympia's best kept secrets and has been visited by some pretty toney folks. I have a good report with the owner and Eugenio has promised use of the banquet room in the back by the kitchen, all the back street parking we need and dedicated hostesses. Eugenio grew up in Sicily and Italy and absolutely loves Ducati. The food is all hand made. His wine list is hand picked. I can also arrange on street parking right in front of the restaurant for Ducati parking.

We were thinking of a date on a weekend some time this month. However with SBNW and the AF Track day we're looking at the last weekend in September or even early October. We should still have some decent days left (knock knock).

Whose game?

Holeshot
09-08-2004, 12:01 PM
Sounds good to me! I like the idea of Olympia.. that way we are all riding... not just me. :)

DJS
09-08-2004, 01:14 PM
I vote for the Nitelite next to the Moore.

CINDESMO
09-08-2004, 02:31 PM
Anything other than what DJS suggests! :evilgrin3

RockStar
09-08-2004, 02:53 PM
LOL, I should've made that No. 3!! hee hee

DJS
09-08-2004, 03:21 PM
Fine you guys are just big babies and can't handle the dive scene. BIG BABIES!!! :p

CINDESMO
09-08-2004, 03:28 PM
Excuse me Mr. Hurtfinger! Who you calling a baby? I just know that anyplace you recommend is going to be full of teens with fake ID. Then I'll just feel older.

lll0228
09-08-2004, 03:35 PM
Oh no...teens with fake IDs...trouble...oh no...Behave man, behave...

DJS
09-08-2004, 05:00 PM
See my avatar!? That’s my get off where I severely damaged my finger. It still hurts to this day. Even more when it rains. Hmmm, where is this place where there are teens in a bar with fake ID’s? hee-hee (evil laugh) I mean haaahahhahahhahaaa!!! :p

Bong
09-08-2004, 05:15 PM
I vote for the Sicilian place in Olympia, sounds like great food!

CINDESMO
09-08-2004, 05:28 PM
See my avatar? It looks like a pizza (just like Torben's).

I am only sympathetic to real injuries, like the kind where you were lying on the track minding your own business and then someone runs over your leg and over a year later it still hurts and just maybe it will never be the same again. Not something like, ooh my finger hurts. I've broken the same one twice so I know it's not that bad.

Of course, SDizzle, I am just harrassing you for fun. :D

sputnik
09-08-2004, 07:50 PM
Good place to meet might be the Buckaroo (Seattle).

I'll do anywhere in Seattle, though.

mikimoto
09-08-2004, 08:01 PM
See my avatar? It looks like a pizza (just like Torben's).

That was the funniest thing you've ever posted Cindy!!!!

Miki
:happy57:

DJS
09-08-2004, 11:08 PM
I no like but-pizza :( it makes me sad.

How about Blue C Sushi in Fremont? MMMMMMMM

Finger feels much better, thanks Cind. :o

lll0228
09-08-2004, 11:35 PM
Geez DJS, you have been sad a lot recently! Cheer up! Get on the bike! Paint your house, smell the thinner, you will be happier. :happy44:

DJS
09-08-2004, 11:48 PM
Hee-hee, I will take a pint of PBR and a good game of darts please.

Squidley
09-09-2004, 01:24 AM
Hey darlins'

I do run a bar/restaurant in de heart of lovely Belltown called the Rendezvous.

I would give our group a private room for FREE :happy44:

The food and drinks are good and reasonable, the staff is sassy (Where do they get that?) and it's only stumbling distance from places where fake ID's and giggling floozies abound. just ask...

Axis is fine, I wouldn't be able to make Oly on a weekend though. I'm all for the Buckaroo, it has history!

RockStar
09-09-2004, 07:05 AM
I don't think Nathan nor I are opposed to multiple shindigs. But please keep on this topic for the sake of time and making reservations. Trinacria for instance is reservation only and he'll need some warning (though you can't imagine the grin I got when I asked about hosting a Ducati party there).

Anyway other spots would be great....another time. ;)

Eric
09-09-2004, 08:47 AM
I'm in, I like the Axis idea ( i have a friend that works there too) or even gong to Rendezvous.
-Eric

mikimoto
09-09-2004, 08:58 AM
or even gong to Rendezvous.

I feel that we should meet up at Rendezvous. It's at a great location. Squidley is a DOC and DesmoNW forum member, she works at Rendezvous, is willing to secure a meeting room (at no expense to us) and we in turn would be putting $$ into the business where she works. I'd rather spend my money there, for those reasons, rather than at a place where there is no connection to the Forum or DOC.

Miki

DJS
09-09-2004, 09:03 AM
Sweet Squid!!! Is that your Monster I see out front sometimes or one of your customers. I have seen it there a few times this summer and once my 748S was parked there too. I vote on the Rendezvous. Is there a way you can swing a nice food or drink discount to DNW members? That would be so cool if we got a bunch of Ducatis to go there as a regular watering hole.

Hey...maybe a screening of Faster could be arranged too! I heard the directors were always looking for someone to show the movie in a large forum. The Rendezvous theatre would be perfect and beer.

memovich
09-09-2004, 10:17 AM
yada yada yada.... place & time was?

darkduc
09-09-2004, 10:20 AM
I'd go for the Rendezvous as well. :D

CINDESMO
09-09-2004, 10:33 AM
Seattle works well for me.

Faster is going to be in Seattle starting 9/24 at Seven Gables.

DJS
09-09-2004, 10:49 AM
Maybe we can get a private showing at the Rendezvous theatre? Does anyone have contacts?

UKDuc
09-09-2004, 11:51 AM
I was down near Rendezvous last week and it looks good, although the other ideas are also fine by me. I think I may even give the Rendezvous a dry run this Friday, sans bike though since chances are that I shall be drinking. I'll say hi if I drop in Squidley...

I like the idea of a regular venue BTW

lll0228
09-09-2004, 11:57 AM
Maybe we can get a private showing at the Rendezvous theatre? Does anyone have contacts?
I think Squidley works at Rendezvous...

I'll join you at Rendezvous this Friday if you like, UKDuc. :) Squidley, where are the good parking spots? :)

Jim is Cool
09-09-2004, 12:18 PM
I'm for the R'vue. Support your local duc riders!

Squidley, I expect "REAL" drinks though, like old school Frontier Room.....................I miss Nina.

Friday sounds good for some drinking action. I might see you there, not too late since I have to be at the track on Sat morning though, I hate riding with a hangover............

Eric
09-09-2004, 01:42 PM

For the movie? I have it in my DVD player at home, does that count? DucSea has the whole movie set up to show it, or they did for their "5" party.

Squidley
09-09-2004, 01:59 PM
Baby boy Jim, don't you worry your pretty little head about the cocktails. We got a rep to uphold.

I would love to have "Faster" there, my freinds and I had already planned on seeing it. I don't know whether the directors would want the Rendezvous though 'cause it only seats about 65 in the theater, and if Ive heard about a film it's prob pretty big. If someone does know them though, have them contact me and maybe also Jane at Jewelboxtheater.com.

Who's organizing this Shindig? Is it Rockstar? Should I be looking into a date for reserving or am I just complecating matters? The Axis is a lot more "upscale" than the Rendezvous. We serve fish and chips, they serve Broiled Salmon with Caper Sauce, is this okay? Yes If we ordered platters of food (catering) I could get us a discount. If we order meals individually then no. But our food is inexpensive anyway. Is this coming out of the club's coffer or are we going to pay that night? Torben, how many members live in the Seattle Area (that way I could guesstimate the attendance). What date are we considering? Sat night?

Finally, Yes, please stop by the Rendezvous and see me Ill and UK, on Fri I work early and am usually out of there by 9:30 - 10p ask for me. I'm a pig and park on the sidewalk, (yep that's my monster DJS and I think I did see yours too), if we had a meeting there I would need a little help from those in the hood to comandeer the spaces in the front. I got the meter maids trained but not for 50 bikes.

RockStar
09-09-2004, 02:06 PM
Just as an aside Trinacria is not very expensive for the quantity and quality of food that is served.

It's a hell of a lot cheaper than the Axis....and the parking would be free.

I think we should discontinue this poll.

Squidley
09-09-2004, 02:09 PM
So, Rockstar, are you the organizer? Must sleep now, please PM me.