PDA

View Full Version : Good to Go transponders

Norton992
07-16-2007, 09:46 PM
I just picked up my new motorcycle transponder today. The transponder is every bit of eight inches long.The only Ducati that I can see it fitting on is a Multistrada. On the Multi it fits in front of the gauge cluster and is out of the way. It can be wired to the windshield mount and not interfere with the steering head.

On a Monster it might be mounted behind the headlight for when you are going to cross the bridge and taken off the rest of the time.

wwahl
07-16-2007, 10:12 PM
That is silly huge. Why don't you suggest to them to allow you to go free in the bicycle lane?

Carr
07-17-2007, 08:37 AM
Is the toll still $3 for motorcycles just like for cars?

martys
07-17-2007, 08:42 AM
can you mount it under the seat?

Davidé
07-17-2007, 09:14 AM
That blows! EZ-Pass (only a bit larger than a deck of cards) is used all over the east coast (i.e., NY, NJ, MA, NH and ME). That little guy can fit anywhere -- even under the seat of a monster.

Why couldn't the WSDOT figure that one out? :rolleyes:

From the WSDOT website:

Q: Can motorcycles use Good To Go!? A: Yes, motorcycles can use Good To Go! as well as the HOV/ Good To Go! express lane. Motorcyclists will need to contact Customer Service (http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/GoodToGo/contacts.htm)to request an external-mounted transponder in a hard plastic case.Umm, doesn't the case even come in C/F or billet? WTF? :confused:

Norton992
07-17-2007, 05:34 PM
Since a motorcycle has two axles it costs $1.75 just like a car with the transponder $3.00 without one. It seems to be hard to place because it needs to be placed a certain way, it cannot be on its side or length wise on the bike.

Nathan Reynolds
07-17-2007, 07:59 PM
Is this for the new Narrows bridge?

Norton992
07-17-2007, 08:47 PM
Yes you go west for free and then pay for the privilege of coming back. At least the new bridge is as smooth as silk, also no backup getting onto the bridge now.

Lotus54
07-17-2007, 09:34 PM
We took the Multi out for a ride yesterday- rode across the new bridge. I was quite surprised that the motorcycle toll was the same as a car. You would think if they want to encourage vehicles to cut down on congestion they would give a break in cost.
Went from PA, down through Bummertown, across the bridge- then Olympia and back up 101.
No twisty backroads or anything, but a fun ride anyway. My wife doesn't like me going quickly around the corners, so I have to be extra smooth to get away with it.

Is there a deposit or anything on the 'good to go' transponder?

Mark

Norton992
07-17-2007, 10:00 PM
The pre paid amount is $30.00 if you set up an account with good to go. You can either send in a check or bring in cash in person or have it taken directly from a credit card or debit card. Since some of the best and fastest to access roads are on the peninsula I set up an account. Of course if your name is Mark and you already live there it is not necessary.