PDA

View Full Version : Paintjob Questions

Carr
07-25-2007, 11:22 AM
So I'm mulling over repainting my bike, but I really have no idea how to go about this. There would be four pieces involved: tank, rear cowl, windscreen, front fender. Anyone have a ballpark estimate of what a nifty custom paintjob would cost and where I could get it done?

wsuduc
07-25-2007, 11:29 AM
Russ, Custom Classics, no questions about who will do the best job, he will!!

Now as far as price. How fat is your wallet?:happy57:

Mark
07-25-2007, 12:22 PM
So I'm mulling over repainting my bike, but I really have no idea how to go about this. There would be four pieces involved: tank, rear cowl, windscreen, front fender. Anyone have a ballpark estimate of what a nifty custom paintjob would cost and where I could get it done?

Maybe around 1500 but your bike will be down for quite some time. Russ is very busy, he's that good!

Carr
07-25-2007, 12:24 PM
Maybe around 1500 but your bike will be down for quite some time. Russ is very busy, he's that good!
Yeah, I figured it would take awhile so I was thinking about it being a winter project kind of thing.

Sieg
07-25-2007, 01:05 PM
Yeah, I figured it would take awhile so I was thinking about it being a winter project kind of thing.Probably just like everybody else.................fair warning, you might want to get in line soon. :cool2:

pbtakacs
07-26-2007, 08:21 AM
Where is Custom Classics located?

momo
07-26-2007, 09:18 AM
1500?

that sounds high. from what people are telling me from russ. if you just want a nice color and no fancy designs? that'll be cheaper. plus you have no fairings.

are you thinking custom designs? airbrushed jesus and naked girl ? are you going to change the frame?

Davidé
07-26-2007, 09:25 AM
Where is Custom Classics located?Ravensdale

Carr
07-26-2007, 10:32 AM
1500?

that sounds high. from what people are telling me from russ. if you just want a nice color and no fancy designs? that'll be cheaper. plus you have no fairings.

are you thinking custom designs? airbrushed jesus and naked girl ? are you going to change the frame?
I wasn't thinking of getting any fancy graphics. A nice deep dark cherry red (very dark, almost black) pearl effect is what I was thinking. The only graphics would be painting Ducati on the side.

router.exe
07-26-2007, 10:41 AM
I wasn't thinking of getting any fancy graphics. A nice deep dark cherry red (very dark, almost black) pearl effect is what I was thinking. The only graphics would be painting Ducati on the side.

ooo i think i know just the paint scheme you speak of. i worked for a guy that did something similar to his audi. black base with a black cherry pearl top coat. when the sun hit it right it was black cherry pearl, in the shade it was black. that would look sexy on the monster:cool2:

Mitch
07-26-2007, 11:28 AM
are you thinking custom designs? airbrushed jesus and naked girl ?
Sweet, since he doesn't want it, now I can use this! :happy44:

momo
07-26-2007, 11:35 AM
Sweet, since he doesn't want it, now I can use this! :happy44:

you'd probably want some steinway on the side of the 999

Mitch
07-26-2007, 11:44 AM
Nah, I'm thinking some red arches in this shape M , since the track fairings are already yellow. An then I'll approach Ronald with my exorbitant sposorship demands. :happy44:

:threadjacked: Now, back to your regularly scheduled thread ... Sorry, Klagdon