PDA

View Full Version : Capirossi out Ducati Corse shows no class

dwirth
08-06-2007, 08:28 PM
The way Ducati has shown Capirossi the door seems to be more like HRC than I thought Ducati Corse had in them. I guess winning goes to your head quickly in Italy. Hope they don't forget little guys like me too.

Bong
08-07-2007, 09:09 AM
From the outside, it does seem they are not treating Capirossi with the respect he deserves. We will probably never know the whole story, imagine what could have been if Giberneau hadn't hit Capirex last year?!?

Good luck to Loris next year!

(He didn't help himself though when he barged his way past Stoner a few races ago :eek: )

Jeremy
08-07-2007, 09:17 AM
I like Cap a lot, but it sounds to me like he's whining a bit. Racing is about winning, and he isn't...not even close actually. Earlier in the season he complained that Stoner was getting more attention from the media and Duc mechanics...well duh, he's the points leader! In response, Ducati developed an entirely different fuel management system for his bike...and he still hasn't won with it.

Looks to me to be an older guy leaving his prime complaining about his job being taken by a younger guy entering his prime. It happens in all sports. In his defense I'm sure it's tough being passed by.

Anyway...I wish him luck. Like I said, I've always liked Capirex.

Davidé
08-07-2007, 09:20 AM
Importantly, all parties agree that this desmoseidici just isn't working for him. I wouldn't be surprised if he is happy to go elsewhere and try something new.

sloppyjoe
08-07-2007, 10:13 AM
i hate to say it and it pains me to say it but sports has always been about money. loris is not near winning anything and stoner is doing very well. so if you are a business where are you putting your chips? i have been a loris fan for a long time, but since his crash with sete things have just not been the same. he might be better on a new machine with different people surrounding him, but maybe he has let his mind take over and begin to convince himself that he cant do it anymore. either way he has had a hell of a career and i wish him luck where ever the winds take him.

sport1000
08-07-2007, 10:46 AM
There's always Super Bike!

sloppyjoe
08-08-2007, 08:05 PM
There's always Super Bike!

here here!!