PDA

View Full Version : Spokane Raceway Park

wsuduc
08-10-2007, 03:50 PM
For those of you that frequent PNW and WMRRA you probably already know about this.

Spokane Raceway Park is under some duress. In a nutshell the owner borrowed some money years ago and never paid it back. The county is thinking about buying the site to keep it alive, fix it up a bit and generate some revenue for the city.

Here is the articles
http://www.spokesmanreview.com/breaking/story.asp?ID=10935

Here is the forum and a sample letter you can send to the Spokane commisioners

http://www.pnwriders.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49153

Todd Mielke: TMielke@spokanecounty.org
Mark Richard: MRichard@spokanecounty.org
Bonnie Mager: BMager@spokanecounty.org

8/10/2007
Insert Your Name Here
Insert Your Address Here

Commissioner Todd Mielke
Commissioner Mark Richard
Commissioner Bonnie Mager
Spokane County Courthouse
1116 West Broadway Ave.
Spokane WA 99260

Dear Commissioners Mielke, Richard and Mager,

While I am not citizen of Spokane County, I am a motorcyclist, and I have followed the developments surrounding the troubles with Spokane Raceway Park closely. The loss of this motorsports venue would significantly impact the local and regional community. I would like to add my support to the plan proposed by James Sloane and others that would have the property purchased by the County and operated as a self sustaining, for-profit entity similar to the way in which Portland International Raceway operates now. With continued investment and improvement the facility could draw more events, more spectators, and more tax revenue to the County.

Sincerely,
Insert Your Name Here

midlman
08-10-2007, 05:37 PM
I've cross posted this on our local Porsche 928 list too as we have our track events there twice a year and would hate to lose this venue. It's a great track..and a lot of fun to run.

thanks
Tom
midlman@rennlist.net

Sieg
08-10-2007, 05:51 PM
The loss of any motorsport facility in the PNW is serious, we've been going backwards way too long.