PDA

View Full Version : Duc Damage

fosterjct
09-29-2004, 09:18 PM
I just have to vent. As of one week ago I purchased my first Ducati. A beautiful metallic gray with red wheels 2003 ST4s with just shy of 4000 miles. I got it from the original owner who has too many toys so something had to go. The bike is (was) perfect. After the first ride I knew I had to have it. So today I rode to work like everyday for the past week getting into work early so that I can park it in a safer more visible parking spot. Sadly this evening my ST4s was backed into by a fellow employee slaming the bike down on the right side. Eveything on the right side is now damaged. So now after just 320 miles and one week of ownership my beautiful Ducati is sitting in the back of my truck for a one way trip to Motocorsa (Beaverton, OR) for repairs. As soon as the Jack Daniels kicks in I'll feel better at least for a little while.

Holeshot
09-29-2004, 09:35 PM
AAAARRRRGGG!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: Damn people are so freaking careless. Upside is that you were not on it when it happened. On the bright side.. a year down the road this will all be a distant memory.

Sorry to hear about it. I understand your dismay... :mad:

lll0228
09-29-2004, 09:39 PM
That SUCKS big time! I hope he/she is paying for it. I am sure Arun and his crew will make it look brand new again. No worries.

fosterjct
09-29-2004, 09:42 PM
Thanks for the kind words. You're right about it being a distant memory a year from now and it certainly could have been worse but for now it's time to go refill my glass.

btrain
09-29-2004, 10:56 PM
This type of accident is solely attributed to the many drivers that do not make driving their automobile their number one priority. When driving or riding the main priority and focus should be on the road and others, nothing else. Careless people have an adverse affect on the people who do their job and own up to their responsibility of driving or riding.

Very sorry to hear about your bike. Unfortunately too many of us have experienced what you have.

Thanks

fosterjct
09-29-2004, 11:04 PM
btrain...thanks....and congratulations on your new ride. I have a suggestion about your oil light too so please check your original posting.

fosterjct
09-30-2004, 11:23 AM
Quick update. The bike's at Motocorsa, the insurance is in process and I'm practicing Zen like thoughts.

DRS
09-30-2004, 11:49 AM
the same thing happened to me a couple months ago in my parking garage at work. took out the whole left side.... stupid cagers.... good luck with repairs.

wwahl
09-30-2004, 09:19 PM
Where in the world would you park your bike that anyone could back into it? I'm sorry because I don't understand. I usually take mine up the elevator and into my office. After I get home I take it to bed.

Ciao!
Bill

fosterjct
10-01-2004, 08:26 AM
After seeing for the first time the Ducati ST4s that I would soon purchase and then confirming after the first test ride, I knew there was a direct connection between Ducati's and sex but as much as I wanted to park my new bike in the bedroom at night, my wife said no. How unreasonable can you get? :evilgrin3

I will take your comment to heart and figure out how to park my bike in my office after I get it back from shop. ;)

fosterjct
10-15-2004, 09:08 PM
Just a quick update for anyone that may care...the estimate is in and when I heard the total I had to ask 3 times. The bike is supposed to be good as new in about 3 weeks and I trust it will be but now I'm sorry more than ever that this happened because it's going to really damper my "let's throw caution to the wind" attitude diving into curves knowing just how much a low slide can end up costing me! :scared10:

lll0228
10-16-2004, 01:28 AM
See? Told you Arun and his guys would take care of you. :)

Now it's time to do some upgrades. And yeah, you are right, play safe on the streets. If you want to push it go to the track.

Good luck! Glad to hear the good news that it will be good as new soon!

Bill Anderson
10-16-2004, 09:17 AM
Just a quick update for anyone that may care...the estimate is in and when I heard the total I had to ask 3 times. The bike is supposed to be good as new in about 3 weeks and I trust it will be but now I'm sorry more than ever that this happened because it's going to really damper my "let's throw caution to the wind" attitude diving into curves knowing just how much a low slide can end up costing me! :scared10:

Welcome to the wild world of motorcycle repair and insurance claims. My ST4 was "totaled" last year by the insurance company after I had a very slow speed low slide on a wet road. The repair estimate was $2,000 less than their estimate of the bike's worth, but they still totaled it. Things worked out well as Dave R. gave me a very good deal on a slightly used Titanium Matte ST4s which was collecting dust at Ducati Seattle, but I still miss having a yellow DUC.
Bill Anderson (02-ST4s) Edmonds, WA.