Carr
11-14-2007, 01:54 PM
Uhh, I think you mean "696"

jbcjr
11-14-2007, 01:59 PM
that is one kick a$$ looking monster :happy44:

martys
11-14-2007, 02:48 PM
uhm, they photoshopped out the exhaust? I love the front end treatment.

Sieg
11-14-2007, 03:34 PM
Uhh, I think you mean "696"What's he talking about :cool2:

Maybe my abuse of editing power.......................................
:peepwall:

Sieg
11-14-2007, 08:08 PM
uhm, they photoshopped out the exhaust? I love the front end treatment.Raised the headlight, clip-ons, forged magnesium wheels, Brembo mono blocks...........add a belly pan and she'd look real slick. Should be a great ride at that level of modification considering stock hp and torque specs.

Johnh
11-14-2007, 08:55 PM
I take it that tank is not an actual part. That would be awsome to have ram air through it like that!:happy44:

Jeremy
11-14-2007, 10:27 PM
I take it that tank is not an actual part. That would be awsome to have ram air through it like that!:happy44:

The tank as shown is stock. I haven't heard for sure if the vents are functional though...I'd guess they are.

Scottsst
11-14-2007, 10:52 PM
I'm still on the fence about the tank on the new monster and the vent of what evere it is I just hope there will be one to look at at the IMS maybe after that I will make up my mind

Sieg
11-14-2007, 11:28 PM
The tank as shown is stock. I haven't heard for sure if the vents are functional though...I'd guess they are.I believe the vents are functional and the tank has interchangable skins, easy color swaps or paint customizing.

Dave R
11-14-2007, 11:48 PM
The tank is also located further back and the air box grew a bit in size. Should cure the dreaded popping on decel along with the new Siemens FI system this model gets. The intake is actually functional and the skins are removable and hopefully cheaper than the whole tank !

Bong
11-15-2007, 04:09 AM
...Should cure the dreaded popping on decel along with the new Siemens FI system this model gets.

Whoa, I didn't know Siemens was into motorcycle fuel management systems! Is the 1098 Termi system running Siemens also?

Dave R
11-15-2007, 08:55 AM
Whoa, I didn't know Siemens was into motorcycle fuel management systems! Is the 1098 Termi system running Siemens also?

no, as far as I can tell it is only the 696 at this point

Johnh
11-15-2007, 04:22 PM
Now for the million dollar question, will that tank setup fit on to my S4R?:happy44:

Dave R
11-15-2007, 04:37 PM
Now for the million dollar question, will that tank setup fit on to my S4R?:happy44:

doubtful :(

beyote
11-15-2007, 04:43 PM
I love the popping on decel!

But I wish I had tanks skins as well.

Johnh
11-15-2007, 04:46 PM
Dave R Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnh
Now for the million dollar question, will that tank setup fit on to my S4R?

doubtful

Dam.

Johnh
11-15-2007, 04:48 PM
Dave R Quote:

doubtful

Dam.:(

Sieg
11-16-2007, 10:49 AM
Further revisions:
http://www.blog.desmoworks.com/images/M7.jpg

nobody
11-16-2007, 11:04 AM
Here are the ones I posted on the DML last week:

http://www.motocreations.com/dml/MotoCreation_Red696.jpg

http://www.motocreations.com/dml/MotoCreation_Black696.jpg
That's what I'm talking about!!!!!

Classy and refreshened not cheap and gimmicky.

If I'm Ducati, I copy MV Agusta (already do) and Bimota see above not Suz-puki SV. Ducati spent how much time and money developing the 696 (???)when Mark S. made it 100x better in minutes.

mofoninja
11-16-2007, 10:57 PM
Beautiful renditions Mark! Maybe you should holler at Ducati NA or the headquarters in Italy. You're on to something!!:cool2:

Scottsst
11-16-2007, 11:23 PM
I like it alot to Mark the high mount pipes are nice I also like the swingarm and the rear subframe to . nice mods over all a hot bike

superleggera
11-17-2007, 10:02 AM
If / when one of the new Monsters appears in the Northwest, I'd love to borrow one for @2 weeks. I need to pull CMM measurements on a few parts to finish the CAD drawings (and other products I have already sketched out) and FEA analysis -- and building the master tooling jigs for welding to maintain precision. Then it's just a matter of manufacturing a few items to prototype and test -- and then to sell to the general public.

I think that there are a LOT of new and exciting things that can be done with the more modular design of the new Monster. Is it the same as our beloved old one -- NO -- but neither has the replacement superbike for the 916 itself in terms of pure style. But the potential to uniquely modify this new Monster design is much great than the old one!

Dave R
11-17-2007, 11:16 AM
I think that there are a LOT of new and exciting things that can be done with the more modular design of the new Monster. Is it the same as our beloved old one -- NO -- but neither has the replacement superbike for the 916 itself in terms of pure style. But the potential to uniquely modify this new Monster design is much great than the old one!

Mark I couldn't agree more ! This is what this new bike represents, new opportunities for creativity and customization ! I think Ducati hit it spot on, what a great new platform !

nobody
11-17-2007, 12:00 PM
Mark I couldn't agree more ! This is what this new bike represents, new opportunities for creativity and customization ! I think Ducati hit it spot on, what a great new platform !
Mark- Was being politically correct. In layman's terms, he meant the new one is such a mismatch of parts and style that it has created a huge market/opportunity for aftermarket parts and modifications to correct Ducati's errors.

Just my opinion and a huge added expense to potential buyers.

Dave R
11-17-2007, 12:09 PM
Mark- Was being politically correct. In layman's terms, he meant the new one is such a mismatch of parts and style that it has created a huge market/opportunity for aftermarket parts and modifications to correct Ducati's errors.

Just my opinion and a huge added expense to potential buyers.

How many Monsters do you see that are still stock ?? Ducati's errors ?? :rolleyes:

nobody
11-17-2007, 12:31 PM
How many Monsters do you see that are still stock ?? Ducati's errors ?? :rolleyes:
How many Hardleys are still stock?

The only surprise is that Ducati hasn't released an accy catalog to address the Fugliness of the bike and improve their profits again at the expense of the buyer.

Now if you could buy the bike from the factory with accessories already installed (new swinger, rear subframe, exhaust etc) and not have to pay for the factory ugliness that would be a deal.

Jeremy
11-17-2007, 12:48 PM
Funny how people are so afraid of change. :rolleyes:

I think the new 696 looks just as good as the old Monster...just different. There are parts I like better (headlight, swingarm, interchangeable tank skins, mirrors), and parts I like worse (tank vents, aluminum subframe).

The Monster has always been about mods...and so is the new one.

Sieg
11-17-2007, 01:52 PM
Funny how people are so afraid of change. :rolleyes:
Even funnier how they appear threatened by it :darkcloud:

ijji
11-17-2007, 02:48 PM
Even funnier how they appear threatened by it :darkcloud:

Just give them a rotary phone, transistor radio, and a black and white tv and all will be well in the world.

Rich Quarre
11-17-2007, 05:46 PM
While there may be some parts of the new bike I'm not personally thrilled about, the 696 appears to be an excellent business decision for Ducati. They now have an entry level bike, a Monster at that, which should appeal to a broad base and hopefully offer more advanced and refined ergonomics, performance, and marketability. This kind of entry level bike is very necessary for the long term survival and viability of Ducati. Hopefully they'll pull in many new converts who'll find out owning a Duc is just way more fun. And along the way, Ducati will make a lot of $...which is a good thing.

By the way, I love the red tube swingarm and sub-frame from the second group of pics and the gold Marchesinis and front end on the first photoshopped bike.:happy44: Very nice touches.

twogrenades
11-17-2007, 11:36 PM
By the way, I love the red tube swingarm and sub-frame from the second group of pics and the gold Marchesinis and front end on the first photoshopped bike.:happy44: Very nice touches.
I'm not gonna say I like the new bike until I see it in person and take it for a spin, but I have to admit that the photoshop changes really seem to improve the appearance. My favorite upgrade is the movement of the headlight. It just seems to make the bike flow better.

Dave R, any chance Ducati will take note of any of these mods (ie the headlight location)? Also, when is the entire new Monster lineup suppose to be unveiled?

Carlos

Dave R
11-18-2007, 10:16 AM
Dave 0R, any chance Ducati will take note of any of these mods (ie the headlight location)? Also, when is the entire new Monster lineup suppose to be unveiled?
Carlos

I think it is too late to make any significant changes to the bike, the design has been finalized for this model already, along with lining up the suppliers for items like lights etc.. Not sure about the rest of the line up and if these changes to the 696 will find their way to larger cc monsters.. Personally I would love to see a 1100 air cooled version ! but that's just me..
Ducati does want to hear feedback, all of us (dealers) were encouraged by the higher up's involved in product planning to let them know what the consumers want.. I forwarded this string along with a few others to DMH already...maybe they will follow it and take some constructive criticism from it.?? For me, I have seen the bike in person and I think it's a home run ! but that's just my own opinion.... :p

Sieg
11-18-2007, 11:21 AM
Personally I would love to see a 1100 air cooled version ! but that's just me.. .......it's not just you :happy44: a DS1200 would be nice but they're saving that card for the '09 Multistrada ST. :whistling: