PDA

View Full Version : Bike down today!!

IZ_
11-21-2007, 11:28 PM
My wife and I were heading down to the gym in Kirkland tonight when we got caught in a traffic jam heading South on 85th just West of the 405. It looked like 2-3 cars in a rearender in the left side and the right side had a motorcycle down behind a yellow Charger. It was before the cops/ambulance got there but I didn't see anyone down. I don't know what kind of bike it was?? Hope everyone was OK..esp. the motorcyclist! I saw TOO MANY accidents this afternoon!! That was the 5th one I saw in a matter of a few hours!! :scared10:

Syzygy
11-22-2007, 12:50 AM
That sucks, but your description has me puzzled. Do you mean you were going west on NE 85th? That intersection is on my daily commute, about 1/2 mile from my house, and there's broken glass or plastic in it about once a week.

ljj
11-22-2007, 01:15 AM
Sounds like it was a bad day for the 2 wheelers... Co-worker/friend got broadsided on her Vespa on way to work this morning as well... Banged up pretty bad, in ICU at HMC, but will pull through.

Bill Anderson
11-22-2007, 02:37 AM
Sounds like it was a bad day for the 2 wheelers... Co-worker/friend got broadsided on her Vespa on way to work this morning as well... Banged up pretty bad, in ICU at HMC, but will pull through.
I hope she was wearing good gear. I have seen too many scooter riders out there with minimum or no gear, yet they are subject to the same risks as those of us riding motorcycles.

wanaD
11-22-2007, 10:45 AM
:scared10: makes me cringe everytime I see one. Hardly ever see anything but a helmet, and often it's just a bowl.
I hope she was wearing good gear. I have seen too many scooter riders out there with minimum or no gear, yet they are subject to the same risks as those of us riding motorcycles.

IZ_
11-22-2007, 11:10 AM
That sucks, but your description has me puzzled. Do you mean you were going west on NE 85th? That intersection is on my daily commute, about 1/2 mile from my house, and there's broken glass or plastic in it about once a week.

Yeah, you're right. I was going WEST on 85th..just passed under the 405 and the accident was immediately after the light.

That little stretch is bad! Too many cars going on and coming off the highway!!