PDA

View Full Version : Winter's here - What are you doing to your Ducati?

Sieg
12-23-2007, 09:12 AM
Pacific NW weather makes for less ideal riding conditions for many. If you're like me you still need a cycle oriented "fix" to maintain proper balance in your life. So, what are you doing to your bike in the off-season?

rb_duc
12-23-2007, 10:11 AM
Pacific NW weather makes for less ideal riding conditions for many. If you're like me you still need a cycle oriented "fix" to maintain proper balance in your life. So, what are you doing to your bike in the off-season?

While enjoying the multiple shades of gray I'm busy working on the 1098 and the dirt bike. The latter needs attention after each ride so there is enough to do.

For the 1098 I'm still looking for folding rearsets - only ones I have found so far are the DP... If anyone has found any alternatives let me know. (They need to be folding though).

Cheers, Robert

jbcjr
12-23-2007, 10:28 AM
For the 1098 I'm still looking for folding rearsets - only ones I have found so far are the DP... If anyone has found any alternatives let me know. (They need to be folding though).

Cheers, Robert[/QUOTE]

-Those are the only ones I'm aware of too Robert. For me the 1098 is about to make it's transformation into a race bike :eek: Skins are ordered, suspensions soon to be off to GP, slap on some new tires, safety wire her all up and then sit around anxiously await my first novice race weekend :happy44: other than that not much else going on... just wish I didn't sell my XR400R. If I would have know so many of you were dirt enthusiast I would have kept it!!!

rb_duc
12-23-2007, 10:33 AM
-Those are the only ones I'm aware of too Robert. For me the 1098 is about to make it's transformation into a race bike :eek: Skins are ordered, suspensions soon to be off to GP, slap on some new tires, safety wire her all up and then sit around anxiously await my first novice race weekend :happy44: other than that not much else going on... just wish I didn't sell my XR400R. If I would have know so many of you were dirt enthusiast I would have kept it!!!

...there is always the option of a "newer" dirt bike :)

Hope we will be doing some track days together next year!!

Cheers, Robert

Lotus54
12-23-2007, 11:40 AM
I've been very busy on the bikes.
1. The OSSA. It is coming along very well, engine in, tyres/wheels on. Chain/sprockets on. Mostly wired up, exhaust on- mounting the carb next day or so. Most of the cables are on- I just did some fibreglass work on one of the body trim pieces.
I need to do a little sanding on the tank/seat/fenders and paint them. Since I don't really have a good place to paint right now, I may just take it to a shop (much as I hate to). Oh yeah, I need to finish putting the new repro cover on the seat. I hope to have it running (at least started) in the next week. It depends on how long it takes me to paint it for it to be done.

2. Benelli 200. I changed oil, fired it up (first time in years). Looking for a stock seat and working on selling it pretty much 'as is'.

3. KTM. I fit new tyres and replaced the chain/sprockets. I'm going to be fine tuning the suspension for me. I bought an extra motorcycle mount for the Zumo, so I can mount it up for dirt stuff. Ordered some Dual-Star handlebar mount mirrors (mounted inside the grips) so hopefully I can have mirrors that actually work and won't get trashed in the dirt.
I also have some Dual-Star grip heaters coming and my favorite ProGrip 714 grips here.
I'm going to try and NOT spend anymore money on it until I sell the OSSA and Benelli. Since I wasn't supposed to buy the darn thing until I sold those anyway :angel:

4. Multistrada. The Multi has been resting, I did fit the Pro-Oiler chain luber a bit ago, I sure like it. It is setup pretty well for me, I will be doing a few little 'clean up' things to it but probably not much else for awhile. Oh yeah, I will do a service this winter sometime- may even consider those fancy valve retainers. I need to re-stock my valve shim kit.

I wonder how much of that stuff I'll actually get done?

Oh yeah, I really need to spend about a week cleaning the garage. It is a horrible mess working on so many bikes at once and no space. I really don't want to leave the Lotus outside this time of year.

Mark

router.exe
12-23-2007, 11:45 AM
i'm contemplating racing next year. right now the ss is just sitting in the garage. i think i need more track days before i race, but i may still do the nrc and start late in the season.

Bong
12-23-2007, 11:48 AM
Holy cow Mark, I'm winded just reading about all the work you've done on your bikes! :eek:

For me the 1098 and K are pretty much done for now.

The G650X will get a little attention to make her more dirt-crash worthy. Otherwise it will be a winter season of riding! :-)

gooey_duc
12-23-2007, 12:28 PM
2167 New JE Hi-comp's., mild valve porting, MBP Retainers, oversize intake valves (44mm), adjustable cam pulleys, hit the cylinders with a lite ho'nen, welded in the bigger bungs for my pipe's, re-jet for the carb's, valve adjust of course, and pulled off the rear hugger.

hmmmm, Merry Christmas to me and too everyone on the board as well!!!
:jumping41

Habanero
12-23-2007, 12:33 PM
I just last week put new Rizoma bars on the multistrada, I took it out for a test ride on friday...and I think I am really going to like the change. Also added a centech auxillary fuse block and a powerlet outlet.

And after talking with Sieg about his recent work, I think I'll be adding a Power Commander, and let Marty have at it on the Dyno.

Bill Anderson
12-23-2007, 12:33 PM
Riding it whenever there is a break in the weather. :riding: No Oh! Bong-30 starts this time of the year, however.

Scottsst
12-23-2007, 12:36 PM
not much for me I hope to get the 12k service done here soon and if money alows I will be geting some new pipes two

Lotus54
12-23-2007, 12:37 PM
2167 New JE Hi-comp's., mild valve porting, MBP Retainers, oversize intake valves (44mm), adjustable cam pulleys, hit the cylinders with a lite ho'nen,

I thought you were not supposed to hone nikasil type liners?
At least that is the last I heard. Perhaps things have changed?

Let me know how the MBP retianers go- I'm thinking about them (mostly because I don't like the phony half-rings they come with).

Mark

Lotus54
12-23-2007, 12:43 PM
Holy cow Mark, I'm winded just reading about all the work you've done on your bikes! :eek:

Well, it sounds more impressive than it looks. Plus I spread that work out quite a few days.
Glad I'm not trying to make a living with the work I'm doing on them.:rolleyes:

Just changed the oil in the SAAB, I finally got a new propane tank so I could crank up the 'rocket ship' heater. Anyone know where I can get replacement valves cheap? I have a larger tank around with the old valve.

Mark

gooey_duc
12-23-2007, 12:52 PM
Well you could be right I'm really not sure. I haven't heard that could or if you should not. I had them replated in Aug. and put around 3000 mi. on the bike before the Dyno was put in at DS. It's the dyno's fault I swear. The plating should be OK. I just used a small ball hone to take out the vertical scratches. Being careful to not take off much material. To much material would open the ring end gaps and of course weaken the cylinder walls. I was only going to do some carb. work but it started snowing and I couldn't help but to indulge.
Edit- The MBP retainers are great! my valve adjust hardly changed after the first 3000 mi. and the piece of mind is worth it as well. Not that the stock half rings are bad I just like knowing that these are better.

martys
12-23-2007, 01:39 PM
I really envy you guys who are able to rip into these engines and do your own work. I've never really been much of a mechanic, though I pretend to be one now and then by changing my oil and putting air in the tires. :p

Johnh
12-23-2007, 01:55 PM
I just finished the valve set and dialed in the cam timing on my S4R and now once I get a little time I have to throw it all back together. I'm also going to put heat wrap on my exhaust and paint my rad. While I'm at it I'll try and clean up the wiring a little bit, and as soon as my clutch basket arrives I'll install the Hinson slipper and Barnett plates I picked up. I figure by the time I get all that done, it should be about March, and time to start thinking about finally getting the Power Commander set up properly and hopefully hit the track and see if I put it all back together properly. I think there will be a pretty high sphincter pucker factor for the first few hours.:p

elenchos
12-23-2007, 02:08 PM
Well, I don't stop riding in the winter, but I've done some stuff anyway.

Sonny at DucSea was a huge help in locating the parts for a universal steering damper for my Sport 1000. He found me a Shindy D17-004 damper with a 120mm stroke, and a 55 mm fork clamp. To attach to the frame I rummaged around at Bent Bike and found a heavy chrome thing that seems to do the job.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2285/2131039005_6a64c6bf6a.jpg

I was reading about other Sport Classic owners who had a hard time deciding what style of fork protectors would be most appropriate. I almost got some $1.99 foam pipe insulation from the hardware store, but I remembered how much I liked seeing Knitta graffiti (http://www.knittaplease.com/) around town. They're the ones who put knitted art (http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/Content?oid=45208) on signs and trees and things.

So I figured that would be unique and would serve to keep my fork sliders from getting pitted. I couldn't think of a reason why it would be unsafe or ineffective, so I went ahead and got a book on how to knit for children, and some supplies at Fiber Gallery and made these color matching fork protectors.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2169/2131816820_af74d227e8.jpg

So that was great, and I had those on for several weeks, but I decided the red matching color and smooth look wasn't organic enough. Part of the point was for them to look hand made. So then I found this very funky recycled-silk yarn, that's very lumpy and fuzzy with lots of different colors:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2231/2131816902_c5937285f0.jpg

They get dirty and wet, but I just hose them off and let them dry. I doubt they will last hundreds of thousands of miles; rather I expect you'd have to knit a new set once or twice a year. And obviously some will say putting anything on your Ducati that isn't carbon fiber or titanium or aluminum alloy at least is an abomination.

But you know you can't be real rebel biker if you only ever act normal.

Dr. Duc
12-23-2007, 02:19 PM
just wish I didn't sell my XR400R. If I would have know so many of you were dirt enthusiast I would have kept it!!!

I"ve got a really nice '04 KTM 200 EXC for sale if you really want to get back into the dirt. I'll be happy to put a new pipe on it for its new owner - just let me know which one you like.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p41/paulsmart1000le/f688459f.jpg

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p41/paulsmart1000le/1c153cee.jpg

Dale

wwahl
12-23-2007, 02:31 PM
I just finished installing a Cox Racing radiator and oil cooler shield on the ST-4s. My new Harbor Freight bike lift made this a pleasure. Next, I am going to try to clean up the stainless steel exhaust pipes somehow. Does anyone here have suggestions on what worked for them?

ljj
12-23-2007, 03:11 PM
Riding it! ;)

Mitch
12-23-2007, 03:22 PM
Eventually going to give her a well deserved and proper cleaning. :o

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2231/2131816902_c5937285f0.jpg
I must say I've never seen knit fork protectors, much less paired with fork sliders. (which you don't often see except on the track)

Definitely rebellious! (yet so mellow and cozy :happy57: )

jbcjr
12-23-2007, 04:03 PM
I"ve got a really nice '04 KTM 200 EXC for sale if you really want to get back into the dirt. I'll be happy to put a new pipe on it for its new owner - just let me know which one you like.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p41/paulsmart1000le/f688459f.jpg

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p41/paulsmart1000le/1c153cee.jpg

Dale

Dale,

thanks for the info... I've actually got my eye on a '06 KTM 525. Hopefully I'll be able to get it soon.

edvoogt
12-23-2007, 04:45 PM
Clean the tail up, (thanks again Robert!), clutch cover, slave cylinder, and once the exaust is back from the polisher, get that put on.

Bong
12-23-2007, 05:29 PM
Clean the tail up, (thanks again Robert!), clutch cover, slave cylinder, and once the exaust is back from the polisher, get that put on.

I see the road to personalization has already started!

Did you use the same outfit that Robert used for polishing the pipes? And did I miss out on the tail tidy party? :o

Bong
12-23-2007, 05:31 PM
Riding it! ;)

Sounds like a great idea Laura! :cool2:

That's my version of winterizing as well :)

edvoogt
12-23-2007, 06:06 PM
I see the road to personalization has already started!

Did you use the same outfit that Robert used for polishing the pipes? And did I miss out on the tail tidy party? :o

I did. I'm told that it isn't a tail tidy party, unless it's held in the chandelier garage, so no you haven't :happy57:

gooey_duc
12-23-2007, 07:31 PM
well I couldn't help but to laugh earlier. 2170

saravoogt
12-23-2007, 08:02 PM
Mostly, I just go into the garage, open the door, and we stand together watching the rain.

Then Ed will wander by muttering something about how he just canít wait to do something about fixing up that (apparently evermore aesthetically challenging) tail.

I must optimistically assume that he is talking about a motorcycle. But I do not ask for clarification.

The rain continues.

martys
12-23-2007, 08:05 PM
Mostly, I just go into the garage, open the door, and we stand together watching the rain.... The rain continues.I did the same today. I also started up Mike's SS and my PS together until they both reached 200 degrees. I could tell they liked that as they purred like kittens once warmed up.

gooey_duc
12-23-2007, 08:19 PM
sounds like a troubled man.:)

DucMunki
12-23-2007, 08:25 PM
I started working on the ducs this winter - then remembered that my garage is uninsulated and unheated. So the first thing I am doing is finishing the garage. It is the least I can do for my babies.

In the meantime:

CRF450x prepped for Baja: Skid plates, acerbis hand guards, radiator guards, Garmin 276c chart plotter, clarke large tank, powershot, jr jetting kit.

When the garage is done next week:

1098 Race Prepping: Stripped naked, Akrapovic full system, race ECU, power commander, DP race bodywork, Paint, spare rain wheels, TTX Shock, GP suspension revalve to the forks, Waiting for Vortex to finish levers and pegs, carbon bits, Fabbri screen, and on and on...

848 Race Prepping: Stripped naked, Termi full system, DP race bodywork, Paint, spare rain wheels, TTX Shock, GP suspension revalve to the forks, Waiting for Vortex to finish levers and pegs, Fabbri screen, engine work,14T front sprocket and 520 chain.

Busy!

Dr. Duc
12-23-2007, 09:46 PM
Here's what's been done so far:

New chain and sprockets (520 15t/42t), DP cams,

slotted clutch side-case, and Cox Racing Group Oil Cooler Guard, and 1098 Radial Pump Master Cylinders with CRG Shorty levers:

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p41/paulsmart1000le/19a77081.jpg

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p41/paulsmart1000le/e0982fee.jpg

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p41/paulsmart1000le/6e2688f2.jpg

fender eliminator:

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p41/paulsmart1000le/IMS07a095.jpg

and swapped the 3-spoke wheels for some 5-spoke wheels (no pictures of those yet).

Next up: PC-III, custom map, and TPO Beast-R intake kit.

gooey_duc
12-23-2007, 09:55 PM
she's a beauty!

Scottsst
12-23-2007, 10:05 PM
yah know speakin of bad ass paulsmarts how did you end up placing at the little bikeshow at the IMS Dr.Duc

Bong
12-23-2007, 10:43 PM
...Then Ed will wander by muttering something about how he just canít wait to do something about fixing up that (apparently evermore aesthetically challenging) tail.

I must optimistically assume that he is talking about a motorcycle. But I do not ask for clarification...

:lmao: :foflmao: :lmao: :foflmao:

Sara you crack me up!!!!

Dr. Duc
12-24-2007, 08:19 AM
yah know speakin of bad ass paulsmarts how did you end up placing at the little bikeshow at the IMS Dr.Duc

I'm still waiting to find out. I've sent a couple of emails asking when/where results will be posted, but I've yet to hear back. I find that pretty interesting. When they wanted my entry fee, I heard back from them within hours. Now that the show's over... I find those kinds of things frustrating and disappointing.

Dale

sport1000
12-24-2007, 02:35 PM
I bought another whole tail section off e-bay and i'm going to french in the tail lights on my Sport 1k I'll post pic's when it gets done. Plus a new cf cluch cover and frame plugs, a stone guard for the oil cooler and quite possibly some new levers. That should keep me and my wallett busy!:scared10:

rb_duc
12-24-2007, 03:40 PM

This sounds like one great chandelier session!! ...or multiple :)

Cheers, Robert

rb_duc
12-24-2007, 03:43 PM
Riding it! ;)

You're the hero of the day!!

BUT - One modification for the winter: clean up the tail section!

Cheers, Robert

mostrorosso
12-24-2007, 05:19 PM
2167 New JE Hi-comp's., mild valve porting, MBP Retainers, oversize intake valves (44mm), adjustable cam pulleys, hit the cylinders with a lite ho'nen, welded in the bigger bungs for my pipe's, re-jet for the carb's, valve adjust of course, and pulled off the rear hugger.

hmmmm, Merry Christmas to me and too everyone on the board as well!!!
:jumping41

well I couldn't help but to laugh earlier. 2170

That's gonna be quite a machine! :bowdown:

I might get as far as an Ohlins shock, valve adjust, carb re-jet....well, that's if I stop riding it long enough. :rolleyes:

Habanero
12-24-2007, 05:49 PM
I took advantage of the break in the rain today to get in a very nice little afternoon ride...

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n317/gardesign/IMG_5643.jpg

Sieg
12-24-2007, 05:56 PM
Great photo, as usual Scott :action027

I took advantage of the rain the last 24 hours and eliminated the anodized aluminum look of the S-pipe heat shields.
http://www.sieg.smugmug.com/photos/235624815-M.jpg
Sand blasted, two coats of Krylon's finest semi-flat black, two coats of Krylon satin clear.

Habanero
12-24-2007, 06:03 PM
Thanks, Sieg. Here's another one for you, it was a purty day out there!

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n317/gardesign/IMG_5640.jpg

nice paint work on the heat shield, Bud...you have one tight looking bike there! And it keeps getting better!

Dr. Duc
12-24-2007, 07:40 PM
Me too. I got in about 100 miles, the first ones on it since installing the cams. All I can say is, YEEEE HAAWW!!! I haven't stopped smiling yet and I've been home for three hours. MERRY CHRISTMAS, ONE AND ALL.

If you have a DS motor, and you don't do a big-bore kit, crank, flywheel, and cams, you'll never know what a truly awesome beast lurks within it. It still idles perfectly and has perfect manners around town, but crack that throttle and watch out!!! The front end is coming up and the space time continuum is getting compressed. I wanted a bike that would loft the front wheel over little rises in the road, like dirtbikes will. Now I have one. I saw an indicated buck-thirty in 5th gear and it was still pulling. The only down side was that the fuel light came on after only 86 miles. Ouch. I guess a few too many romps past the ton on deserted roads can do that.

I hope the weather holds tomorrow because I want another fix.

Dale

I took advantage of the break in the rain today to get in a very nice little afternoon ride...

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n317/gardesign/IMG_5643.jpg

AZVFR
12-24-2007, 07:55 PM
I'm gonna ride the mess out of mine this winter! MUST GET THROUGH THE BREAK-IN PERIODS!!!! Also plan to put the Evoluzione rear plate kit on it and move the rear turn signals into the air vents. If Santa's really nice, I might put the carbon slip-ons on it and ceramic coat the rest of the pipe! (in preperation for the summer riding!)
ahhh the list keeps building...
long wish list includes Sato rearsets, Pazzo shorty levers and some more carbon bits!

Habanero
12-25-2007, 12:21 AM
If you have a DS motor, and you don't do a big-bore kit, crank, flywheel, and cams, you'll never know what a truly awesome beast lurks within it. It still idles perfectly and has perfect manners around town, but crack that throttle and watch out!!! The front end is coming up and the space time continuum is getting compressed.

Dale

Dale, yer killing me here..

Do you do your own work? I'd love to know what that would run to do...

I am not a wrench, any idea on what the cost for that work would be?

Scott

Lotus54
12-25-2007, 08:32 AM
What is done with the crank? Stroke it? Lighten it? Balance it?
Or all of the above.

I've heard very good reports of the DP 'hot' setup, are you using that stuff as a basis, or something else.

Mark

Dr. Duc
12-25-2007, 08:48 AM
I wish that I was a competent wrench. Unfortunately, the only thing that I'm really good at wrenching on is people's minds :happy57: . May I should change my screen name to, Mind Mechanic... Since I'm not a mechanic, and I don't have a lot of free time to learn, Moto Corsa does the work on my bike. In particular, Jeff (who's left to open a bar in Portland) and AJ (one of the top five Ducati techs in the U.S.), do the big projects on my bike.

Now, for the important stuff, you could probably get it done for right around $5000 - $6000, if you do it all at once. The Fast By Ferracci big-bore kit is $798 for pistons plus boring and plating cylinders. Having the crank done cost about $450, a lightened flywheel cost about $250. The cams ran somewhere between $750 and $800. The rest is for labor and various tidbits that you buy or mods that you impulsively do right after you utter the words, "As long as it's apart..."

Dale

Dale, yer killing me here..

Do you do your own work? I'd love to know what that would run to do...

I am not a wrench, any idea on what the cost for that work would be?

Scott

Habanero
12-25-2007, 10:28 AM
Thanks, Dale

That's about what I expected, I'll have to check my sock...maybe Santa left me some desmobucks.

Happy Christmas, scott

I wish that I was a competent wrench. Unfortunately, the only thing that I'm really good at wrenching on is people's minds :happy57: . May I should change my screen name to, Mind Mechanic... Since I'm not a mechanic, and I don't have a lot of free time to learn, Moto Corsa does the work on my bike. In particular, Jeff (who's left to open a bar in Portland) and AJ (one of the top five Ducati techs in the U.S.), do the big projects on my bike.

Now, for the important stuff, you could probably get it done for right around $5000 - $6000, if you do it all at once. The Fast By Ferracci big-bore kit is $798 for pistons plus boring and plating cylinders. Having the crank done cost about $450, a lightened flywheel cost about $250. The cams ran somewhere between $750 and $800. The rest is for labor and various tidbits that you buy or mods that you impulsively do right after you utter the words, "As long as it's apart..."

Dale

Sieg
12-25-2007, 10:37 AM
I took advantage of the rain the last 24 hours and eliminated the anodized aluminum look of the S-pipe heat shields.
http://www.sieg.smugmug.com/photos/235624815-M.jpg
Sand blasted, two coats of Krylon's finest semi-flat black, two coats of Krylon satin clear.

Project completed, Merry Christmas to my bike :happy57:
http://sieg.smugmug.com/photos/235792273-M.jpg
The heel guards may be the next Krylon candidate................
:headscratch: but if Vortex or CRG produce S2R rearsets I could be in t-r-o-u-b-l-e.

Before paint:
http://sieg.smugmug.com/photos/235629847-M.jpg

Lotus54
12-26-2007, 08:01 PM
Fired up the OSSA today!
Took me a little to get it going at first (probably the assembly lube) but not it fires right up.
Also took a little ride down the driveway and back a couple of times.

Not the correct fuel tank, and no seat- but it runs!

Next I have a couple of little things to do and paint the tank/seat/rear fender and front fender.
It sure looks nice.

mark

Scottsst
12-26-2007, 08:04 PM
Fired up the OSSA today!
Took me a little to get it going at first (probably the assembly lube) but not it fires right up.

Next I have a couple of little things to do and paint the tank/seat/rear fender and front fender.
It sure looks nice.

mark

if the hole bike comes out like the motor it will be a jewel to look at !

Habanero
12-26-2007, 08:05 PM
Most excellent! Congrats Mark!

Great pics you posted, also!

scott

Fired up the OSSA today!

It sure looks nice.

mark

sloppyjoe
12-26-2007, 08:07 PM
remus pipes,,,,

maybe a single sided arm for the 999 and a set of mag wheels:happy44:

w00tw00t
12-26-2007, 08:20 PM
For my 1098 -
- Speedymoto underfairing sliders - DONE
- Power Commander III - DONE
- New Tires (Corsa IIIs) - DONE
- DP Rear Hugger - DONE
- Dynotuning - IN PROGRESS
- CRG Levers - Ordered
- Progrip Grips - Ordered
- Stompgrip - Ordered

:happy57: :happy57:

So far that's it ... doing stuff to my R6 to get er ready for the track :rolleyes:

Dave R
12-27-2007, 12:20 AM
- CRG Levers - Ordered
- Progrip Grips - Ordered

We should have those on hand, did you check with Jon today when you were in ??

w00tw00t
12-27-2007, 10:58 AM
Nice.....!..I'll call Jon up today! My order hasnt shipped yet.....

Doctorlumen
12-27-2007, 11:11 AM
Its amazing how fast time moves during the holidays...Almost as fast as dollars out of your pocketbook. Seems like days ago I was just returning from my ride to NorCal. In fact, it was just days ago that I finally washed the bike propper. I'm such a bad Ducati Parent. And, considering the company here and y'alls projects...well, lets just say I miss my old garage.

But, I do have two projects planned out...one of them has to wait for the cash flow to normalize. Both have to wait to get the bike up on the back porch. (A real pain.)

New tapered steering head bearings from DesmoTimes.

Rebuilt rear shock.

Now, I just need to get my lazy ass in gear!

Sieg
12-27-2007, 11:35 AM
I just added 5K watt version of this to the garage:
http://www.cadetco.com/support/products/x_large/1012.jpg
The Hot One® 240 volt heater is available in 4,000 watts (2,667 low setting) or 5,000 watts (3,333 low setting). It also includes a fan switch for air circulation without heat. 15.75"W x 17.5"H x 8.25"D

Tested the neighbors 4K watt version yesterday, outside 42*, garage 51*, 2 hours later garage was at 66*.

8 Kw @ .056 = $0.45 if my math is correct?

ducatiscotty
12-27-2007, 11:56 AM
Well I'm using winter to take care of several things that need attention & I've been too lazy to address in the summer. My integrated tail light set up is not giving me brake lights anymore so I need to fix that. I need to replace a cracked front Dymag carbon/magnesium wheel. My rear brake needs to be bled (have tried everything even a pressure bleeder & still can't get it to work) since I've been running on front brake only for the last year. I did finally manage to take my airbox off & drill it so I could mount the "in airbox" filters on the air tube openings (my front fairing screens have been my ONLY filters for the last year). I also need to get my 24K service done ASAP (any mechanics want to save me some $$ over the dealer price???) Oh, did I mention that I picked up some Ohlins forks, an upgraded Ohlins rear shock & a magnesium swingarm to add as well ??? :cool:

.........Scott

martys
12-28-2007, 06:11 PM
well, not really doing much to the paul smart, but I have been printing and framing some track day pics I took this summer. The pics of me were taken by Bones, I took the ones of Mike in Portland.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2062/2144744582_81dc4aa967_o.jpg