PDA

View Full Version : Site Issues 1/16/08

ducmons
01-17-2008, 12:47 AM
This evening, our site experienced some down time. This was not a scheduled event, and we apologize for the disturbance in your forum habit. It appears our host had some unexpected issues, and it affected some sites. We have been working behind the scenes trying to fix the issue, but are now waiting for the host to finish some work.

Sieg
01-17-2008, 10:33 AM
I'm able to load the traditional forum page using this IRL: http://www.desmonorthwest.com/forums/index.php

ducmons
01-17-2008, 01:44 PM
We should be back to normal.

Scottsst
01-17-2008, 02:05 PM
woho we are back :jumping41 :bowdown: :happy44: :bowdown: :jumping41

WildRunner1916
01-17-2008, 02:06 PM
sweet i was going thru withdrawals:scared10:

router.exe
01-17-2008, 04:27 PM
i hope you aren't using random computers as a host. with random in the name it makes me think you're in for random suprises:scared10:

Scottsst
01-17-2008, 04:47 PM
do we know what went down was it a hardware or a software problem

ducatiscotty
01-17-2008, 05:23 PM
pheeew:rolleyes: ......................I was starting to think I was banned from the forums already. :happy57:

router.exe
01-17-2008, 05:41 PM
if you want a forum to get banned from i can point you in the right direction:cool2::stirthepot::muahaha::whistling:

flyingducman
01-17-2008, 05:47 PM
When the site was down my curiosity was sparked regarding the site domain.

A check of the WHOIS database shows the site in the name of a guy named David Sasai, Torben is still listed as the e-mail contact, its registered with a german company and expires two months almost to the day. Once you click on the attached image file just click on it one more time to open it up to full-size and the data can be read.

Just a heads-up to the tech department. Looks like a there's a lot of updating that needs to take place so the domain isn't lost.

I've used namebargain.com (owned by Register.com) for a number of domain registrations. They just raised their price to I think $9.28 per year of registration. Transfering a domain can sometimes be a nightmare, but at least it'd be registered in the U.S..

router.exe
01-17-2008, 06:20 PM

A check of the WHOIS database shows the site in the name of a guy named David Sasai, Torben is still listed as the e-mail contact, its registered with a german company and expires two months almost to the day. Once you click on the attached image file just click on it one more time to open it up to full-size and the data can be read.

Just a heads-up to the tech department. Looks like a there's a lot of updating that needs to take place so the domain isn't lost.

I've used namebargain.com (owned by Register.com) for a number of domain registrations. They just raised their price to I think $9.28 per year of registration. Transfering a domain can sometimes be a nightmare, but at least it'd be registered in the U.S..

and not with someone who just goes up snatching domain names to direct traffic to their forum which is completely unrelated to the domain name...:rolleyes:

martys
01-17-2008, 06:34 PM
Many thanks to our tech department for getting the site back up. :bowdown: I was starting to go through withdrawal there for a few hours. :scared10:

ducmons
01-17-2008, 09:18 PM
No worries mate. Beleive me, the plan for the updating of the site, has been addresssed, is in motion, and will be smoothly.

ducmons
01-17-2008, 09:28 PM
do we know what went down was it a hardware or a software problem

Well... after a few hours of late night debugging (which looking at code is not my expertise), in this case the system failed and I was trying to find the bug. :( I believe the conclusion was that the host had an issue, and the server which hosts our site quit functioning properly, particularly affecting MySQL. They claim they were up and running, but the error code i was getting was pointing fingers at them. A few more screams...and whala...site was back up.

We had the forum portion working, but the home page was affected, but it's all good now.

It only took about 4-5hrs of looking at code, over 600 emails with bugs, and a few strands of hair were lost.

Bong
01-17-2008, 10:16 PM
Knowing how to make computers run makes my head spin!

Thanks for all the work getting us back on line JD :cool2:

saravoogt
01-17-2008, 10:59 PM
Thanks, JD. We owe you a...whatever it is that you like to receive when people owe you something for doing nice stuff.

You're the best.

--sara

ducmons
01-18-2008, 12:34 AM
Knowing how to make computers run makes my head spin!

Thanks for all the work getting us back on line JD :cool2:

My friends thanks for the accolades, but we pull together as a board. Leah also offered feedback and helped out. When it came down to it, pushing a few buttons is all that was done.

ducmons
01-18-2008, 12:35 AM
Thanks, JD. We owe you a...whatever it is that you like to receive when people owe you something for doing nice stuff.

You're the best.

--sara

Letting me be part of this community, and being called friend (which is why I joined in the first place) is more than I could ask for. Looking forward to many rides this year.

Carr
01-18-2008, 09:20 AM

You're the best.

--sara
I do believe the word you are looking for is "beer". The most magical of gifts.

austin
01-18-2008, 09:35 AM
I do believe the word you are looking for is "beer". The most magical of gifts.

:happycheers: