PDA

View Full Version : clutch hub stabilizer

Tom
10-16-2004, 10:49 AM
I'm thinking about getting a clutch hub stabilizer for my 916. From what I can tell this is a piece that fits over the clutch and pushes on the springs all at once. Does anybody have one and can you tell me if it reduces the pull on the clutch or does it just improve shifting? Also, any recommendations for an after market clutch slave cylinder? Thanks.

Tom

jpuck91
10-16-2004, 12:48 PM
I've got an Evoluzione clutch slave; it made a huge difference in the clutch pull. Much lower effort, but you do have to pull the lever in a bit further to disengage the clutch all the way. Its a great mod though, and pretty easy to do.

Bong
10-16-2004, 03:25 PM
http://seattle.craigslist.org/mcy/45802190.html

This person is selling a black version on what you're looking for. Good luck.

darkduc
10-17-2004, 11:08 PM
I have an Evoluzione slave cylinder and the paulimoto spring spider on my 749. Both are great products and I recommend them. The slave made the clutch more responsive and easier to pull. I don't know that I noticed any difference after adding the spring spider but it sure does look nice behind a vented clutch cover. :)

Tom
10-18-2004, 09:03 PM
Thanks for all the good info. I think I will do the Evoluzione slave cylinder and wait on the stabilizer. Of course if I got one I would have to do the five spoke red one made by Madduc and cut a hole in my CF clutch cover to show it off. Oh the possibilities.

Tom
10-18-2004, 09:09 PM
Spoke too soon, it's actually a six spoke stabilizer.

darkduc
10-18-2004, 10:55 PM
Sure thing. Ya, if you already have a CF clutch cover I'd definitely do the Evo slave first. It's worth it and it's pretty easy to install. DS has them in stock usually and DOC members get 10% off.

breakout
09-21-2006, 09:46 AM
They have no effect what so ever on clutch operation;- the way the clutch operates is unchanged ( all the spring posts are part of the clutch center hub as are the spring retainers when they are attached (bolted) to the hub, no difference) however they add some strength to the posts and reduce the chance of damaging them in a tipover.Of course they look bling as well!