PDA

View Full Version : Calender

foggy123
10-18-2004, 10:34 AM
What's up with the calender? I see it advertised at Motowheels but not here. Did I miss something?

darkduc
10-18-2004, 11:18 AM
They're advertising it already?! Sheesh, we haven't even gotten it back from the printers yet. :)

It has been printed and is on the boat back to us right now. I can't wait! :D

It will be sold at several locations both on the web and in stores around the area. Look for a link on this website soon.

-Jeff

darkduc
10-18-2004, 11:32 AM
I had to go check it out for myself. Sure enough, here's the
link (http://www.motowheels.com/italian/myproducts.cfm?parentcategoryid=372%7CArtwork%20%2 6%20Calendars&productID=3506&showDetail=1&categoryID=372|Artwork%20%26%20Calendars&vendoridtodisplay=0&filterFor=&collection=) to Motowheels.

foggy123
10-18-2004, 01:13 PM
Nice cover BTW!

How about sharing some of the shots that didn't make it. :D

darkduc
10-18-2004, 01:17 PM
Thanks! We think so too. We've agreed not to release any photos of the calendar until after they are available for purchase. Sorry! :rolleyes:

lll0228
10-18-2004, 03:51 PM
Well, Jeff's banner in his "signature" is part of a shot that didn't make it. Happy now Foggy? :) Same for mine. Those eyes are of Jasmine, one of the top 100 Maxim Hometown Hotties...

We are beginning to do some advertising all over so people know. By the way, we only have a limited print-run, so if you want to reserve a few now let me know. Send me a PM/Email and I will start setting some aside for you as they arrive. We are anticipating an early November release.

$12.95 each, it makes great Xmas gift, too.

I am also thinking about putting together a release party and have a few girls coming to sign the calendar. What do you think?

Bong
10-18-2004, 04:00 PM
I am also thinking about putting together a release party and have a few girls coming to sign the calendar. What do you think?

Sounds like a great idea Leo, don't know that my wife would like me attending though :scared10:

UKDuc
10-18-2004, 04:22 PM
:happy44:

Torben
10-18-2004, 04:22 PM
Oh wives shouldn't mind - it's not like a Harley calendar with "girls" wearing thongs or any such nonesense. Besides, we'll keep an eye on you :p

Personally I can't wait to see it in its final form. Lots of people worked very hard on this and as you can see it's already getting some publicity outside the group. As Leo said, they make great stocking stuffers (or something) :)

Holeshot
10-18-2004, 04:31 PM
Oh wives shouldn't mind - it's not like a Harley calendar with "girls" wearing thongs or any such nonesense. Besides, we'll keep an eye on you :p

Personally I can't wait to see it in its final form. Lots of people worked very hard on this and as you can see it's already getting some publicity outside the group. As Leo said, they make great stocking stuffers (or something) :)

WHAT? The wife was just about to order it... but.. if they are not in thongs then she said fugedaboudit....

Fully agreed.. that leg looks like an excellent stocking stuffer!!!!! :evilgrin3

Torben
10-18-2004, 04:34 PM
Well if it makes you feel any better, the only one who offered to pose in a thong was me, so be thankful that there are no thong pics to be had :happy57:

Holeshot
10-18-2004, 04:38 PM
Well if it makes you feel any better, the only one who offered to pose in a thong was me, so be thankful that there are no thong pics to be had :happy57:

OK.. that was an image I did not need..... (I mean I just don't bat for that team.. nothing personal! )
:happy57:

Torben
10-18-2004, 04:47 PM
Yeah, Yeah.
Just buy a calendar (or 12) and be thankful I wasn't a model :tongue10:

lll0228
10-18-2004, 05:02 PM
WHAT? The wife was just about to order it... but.. if they are not in thongs then she said fugedaboudit....

Fully agreed.. that leg looks like an excellent stocking stuffer!!!!! :evilgrin3
Ok, I have the owner of that leg coming to the release party if we have one.

Yes, I turned down T's gracious offer to be in a thong. Guess I wasn't paid enough to see that. :evilgrin3

foggy123
10-18-2004, 06:12 PM
Too bad you can't sell and have them signed at the motorcycle show in Dec. next to the Monsters.... :evilgrin3

Torben
10-18-2004, 06:14 PM
As much as I'd like to the costs are prohibitive. Kinda sucks, :o

Holeshot
10-18-2004, 07:33 PM
Well.. just because I'm a curious one.. I found out the cost of a booth..

$995 (included 6 passes.. thx). OUCH! That would be tough to recover.. you'd have to move just about all of them.

It's a 10'x10' spot. Not a lot of room. I wish the cost was lower... pfft oh well.. maybe next time..

darkduc
10-18-2004, 11:03 PM
Ok, I have the owner of that leg coming to the release party if we have one.

Yes, I turned down T's gracious offer to be in a thong. Guess I wasn't paid enough to see that. :evilgrin3

I think a release party is a wonderful idea. We should do it Saturday, Nov. 6th.

belikeh20
10-18-2004, 11:13 PM
Release party with the girls??? Yeaaahhh! Isn't that like, there's a party in your mouth & everyon is c......? :p

Holeshot
10-19-2004, 10:34 AM
I think a release party is a wonderful idea. We should do it Saturday, Nov. 6th.

HECK YA!! That's my birthday.. hahhahaha (dang.. 40.. can't believe it. I don't feel a day over 60). :confused:

Dave R
10-19-2004, 11:46 AM
Torben, call me, we may be able to carve out some room in our booth for DNW rep and calendars. We have 6 10X10's this year..

foggy123
10-19-2004, 12:56 PM
Dave to the rescue again! Way to go! :D

lll0228
10-19-2004, 01:11 PM
Torben, call me, we may be able to carve out some room in our booth for DNW rep and calendars. We have 6 10X10's this year..
Dave, thank you very much.

darkduc
10-19-2004, 01:13 PM
Yes, thanks Dave!

belikeh20
10-19-2004, 03:09 PM
Aaaarrggghhh! Nov.6-8 is Quattrofest @ PIR with the AudiClubNA/NW where I'll be instructing. This is what I'll be doing:
http://homepage.mac.com/belo/KOMO-Toughman/iMovieTheater32.html

Incidently, I'll be instructing this sunday Oct 24 @ Pac Raceways for PCA. Anyone here going? :happy44:

Torben
10-20-2004, 09:05 PM
Dave just saw your offer - thanks! :D
I'll call you in the morning.

Bong
10-20-2004, 09:38 PM
Aaaarrggghhh! Nov.6-8 is Quattrofest @ PIR with the AudiClubNA/NW where I'll be instructing. Incidently, I'll be instructing this sunday Oct 24 @ Pac Raceways for PCA. Anyone here going? :happy44:

Hey Nathan, can I take your car out for a spin!!!! Don't have a car that would be fun to drive at a track, maybe I can test drive a new Audi for the day :rolleyes:

Holeshot
10-21-2004, 06:52 AM
Just read the press release!! Awesome! Can't wait to see them. Hopefully I can when I get back to the PNW from foggy/rainy SFO. :mad:

Did you know that the financial distric here has MORE StarSux shops than we do!??! (taking topic off in a weird tangent).

Awesome! Is there a seperate page (non-DesmoBranded - PDF is what my client usually does press released in) that I can shoot around to contacts (I tried to post Q on the site news but no-joy).

darkduc
10-21-2004, 09:34 AM
I'll make up a pdf of the press release today during lunch and put it up for download. I know, we're all giddy with excitement. I can hardly stand it.

Holeshot
10-21-2004, 02:01 PM
Did you know that the financial district here has MORE StarSux shops than we do!??! (taking topic off in a weird tangent).

OK.. really this is WORSE than I orginally thought. This block has 3 count them 3 seperate Bux on it and two of them are on the same 'side' and only about 100' from each other! The other is on the opposite side of the block with *another* right across the street from it!!

Upside.. while walking back and forth between the Hotel and the office here I found the Adolph Gasser's photo emporium.. 3 floors of photographic equipment!!! wee!!!

darkduc
10-21-2004, 03:05 PM
:)

Made the PDF but can't upload it to the forums cause it's 70k. Sooo, I'll ftp it up when I get home and link to it. (damn firewall at work blocks ftp.. *grumble*)

That's not too bad. In my building on 3rd there's a Tullys, across the street on the same corner there's a *buxs, down a block to the west, on the next corner, another Tullys. Down a block to the south, on the next corner, another Starbucks in the Wells Fargo tower. Go down a floor in the Wells Fargo tower to the 2nd ave side and yet ANOTHER Starbucks.... I think we're covered..

Oh, and go east a block to the corner on 4th and you'll find the token SBC.

That's 6 major coffee shops in a two block radius. That's not counting the independents like Pegasus, Joelle's, Specialties and others within that same radius....

Holeshot
10-21-2004, 06:04 PM
:)

Made the PDF but can't upload it to the forums cause it's 70k. Sooo, I'll ftp it up when I get home and link to it. (damn firewall at work blocks ftp.. *grumble*)

That's not too bad. In my building on 3rd there's a Tullys, across the street on the same corner there's a *buxs, down a block to the west, on the next corner, another Tullys. Down a block to the south, on the next corner, another Starbucks in the Wells Fargo tower. Go down a floor in the Wells Fargo tower to the 2nd ave side and yet ANOTHER Starbucks.... I think we're covered..

Oh, and go east a block to the corner on 4th and you'll find the token SBC.

That's 6 major coffee shops in a two block radius. That's not counting the independents like Pegasus, Joelle's, Specialties and others within that same radius....

Holy smokes!! I guess I did not pay enough attention when I got into the Emerald City!! Wow.. doesn't the planet get off-balande with all the coffee shipped from South to North America?!?!!

Bong
10-22-2004, 07:04 AM
Can we purchase the calendar's at Duc Sea?

darkduc
10-22-2004, 07:55 AM
Can we purchase the calendar's at Duc Sea?

Yes, you will be able to buy them at DS and avoid shipping charges. We haven't received them yet from the printer but when we do DS will have a fresh supply.

Dave R
10-22-2004, 11:14 AM
we're waiting for them eagerly !! :happy69: :jumping41

lll0228
10-23-2004, 07:32 PM
Yes, you will be able to buy them at DS and avoid shipping charges. We haven't received them yet from the printer but when we do DS will have a fresh supply.
Let me also add that the calendars will also be available at EASTSIDE MOTOSPORTS (Thanks, Rick!!).

For our members in Oregon, the calendars will also be available at MOTOCORSA in Portland (Thanks, Arun and Kat!).

I anticipate to have the calendars on their shelves in early November.

Mental998
03-01-2005, 06:43 PM
Interesting......