PDA

View Full Version : Ducati Monster Challenge Contest

Torben
10-18-2004, 02:21 PM
Hot off the press from Ducati NA

DUCATI MONSTER CHALLENGE

The search to find the coolest Monster in North America.
Ducati is looking for the coolest, baddest, most customized and unique
Monster in all of America. If you’ve got a Ducati Monster that you feel is up for the challenge, then enter the Ducati Monster Challenge! The grand prize
winner will take home a new 2005 Ducati Monster S4R.

The Ducati Monster Challenge will take place at selected Cycle World
International Motorcycle Shows across the country. The Monster Challenge will be featured at these shows: San Francisco, Dallas, Long Beach, Seattle, Atlanta, New York, Montreal, Detroit, and the finals will be held in Daytona, Florida during Bike Week. If you want to be considered for one of these shows, please submit your entry form and photos for pre-screening (details below). The 20 bikes selected for each local show will be displayed in a special area at the IMS Show where they will be judged for 1st, 2nd, 3rd prizes as well as a “People’s Choice” winner chosen by the votes of show visitors.
National Prizes
Grand Prize - 2005 Ducati Monster S4R
2nd Prize -Roundtrip airfare, hotel, and ticket for a MotoGP race
3rd Prize -$1000 Ducati Performance Gift Certificate
Local Event Winner Prizes
1st Prize Roundtrip airfare and hotel for Daytona’s Bike Week
2nd Prize $250 Ducati Performance Gift Certificate
3rd Prize $100 Ducati Performance Gift Certificate
To enter the Ducati Monster challenge:
1. Download the entry form and submit your entry along with digital photos of your bike to monsterchallenge@ducatiusa.com

2. All entries will be pre-screened and 20 Monsters will be invited to each show. A panel of judges will review each application. If you are selected, you will be contacted to arrange the details of displaying your bike at the show.

3. Local awards will be given at each show for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and “People’s Choice” winners.

4. If you are chosen to display your bike at a regional show, you must be able to bring your bike to the show on Friday and pick it up Saturday evening. You’ll receive a complimentary ticket to the IMS Show, a Ducati Monster Challenge T-shirt, and an invitation to attend an offsite Monster
Challenge dinner on Friday night with the other entrants.

5. The bikes will be on display at the IMS show Friday and Saturday. Saturday night, the winning bike will be put on display in the Ducati Corporate booth for Sunday.

6. If you are chosen as a National Finalist, your bike will be shipped to Daytona in March 2005 for the final round of judging for the Coolest Monster in North America. (This round contains previous event winners only.) We will also provide roundtrip airfare and hotel accommodations for each National Finalist.

MONSTER CHALLENGE SHOW DATES:
San Francisco November 5 – 7, 2004
Dallas November 19 – 21, 2004
Southern California December 3 – 5, 2004
Seattle December 10 – 12, 2004
Atlanta January 7 – 9, 2005
New York January 21 – 23, 2005
Montreal* February 25 – 27, 2005
Detroit February 25 – 27, 2005
Daytona March 8 – 11, 2005
(Final Judging at DucatiDayDaytona Saturday, March 11)

It would be great to see some entrants from our group! Since there is a Seattle regional (and we're the only DOC in the PNW) I think someone from this group has a good chance of winning. So take the pics and send them off for consideration!

foggy123
10-21-2004, 02:52 PM
Who's entering?

I entered my Foggy. The custom Monster (Hurricane) may be on display also. Dave, you should get your 996 Monster displayed. It may not be eligible to win but it should be shown.

Dave R
10-21-2004, 03:24 PM
yeah the 996 doesn't qualify :mad: but I am getting my custom M750 ready for showing !! Should be fun !

Dave R
10-22-2004, 11:22 AM
Alright kids, I just spoke to the program coordinator for this Monster Challenge. He needs more entries !! only 2 from the NW so far ! If you need help sorting out how to submit your entry just give a call and I will explain what I know. Deadline will be two weeks before the show so you have about 30 days left !!

foggy123
10-22-2004, 11:50 AM
Nobody else apply! I like those odds. ;)

UKDuc
10-22-2004, 12:10 PM
My Monster is gorgeous, but no show winner I am sure. I don't think I want to subject the poor girl to that sort of pressure and critical judgement - all she has to know is that she is perfect by me (and again, never mention the SBK discussion around her....) :happy57:

foggy123
10-23-2004, 02:09 PM
Seriously Monster owners time to apply. Look what you get for making the cut.

"You’ll receive a complimentary ticket to the IMS Show, a Ducati Monster Challenge T-shirt, and an invitation to attend an offsite Monster
Challenge dinner on Friday night with the other entrants. "

Not to mention bragging rights over all the other Ducati owners who's bike won't be displayed. :D

rickster_1953
10-30-2004, 05:15 PM
If you would like to participate in the M challenge and need custom work see Dave and Herb in our Performance Center. Dave and Herb have done a few of these and would love to help you out.

Rick N

sputnik
10-30-2004, 05:55 PM
Think there's room for a rat bike in there? :)
Could always put off swapping my tank, go find some mud puddles, and safety wire a bunch of stuff.

Williespeed
11-03-2004, 04:14 PM
I think a true RAT is a good idea there will be a lot of trick bikes. But a seriously beat monster with mileage might inspire them to give you the new one.

Bones
11-03-2004, 05:37 PM
If someone in the Seattle area needs pictures taken feel free to give me a shout.

(finally caught up on stuff, so what better time to get backlogged again!!!! :) )

foggy123
11-08-2004, 10:58 AM
SF show is over. Here are some photos of some of the contestants.
http://gallery.popmonkey.com/albums/0411ims/CRW_7602.jpg http://gallery.popmonkey.com/albums/0411ims/CRW_7603.jpg http://gallery.popmonkey.com/albums/0411ims/CRW_7604.jpg
Winner
http://gallery.popmonkey.com/albums/0411ims/CRW_7606.jpg