PDA

View Full Version : Need some metal work done...

Burninator
10-29-2004, 05:50 PM
I just put on some vortex clip-ons and now I need to redo my guage cluster.

Just wondering if there are any recommendations for a place or person who could fabricate a holder for my speedometer and guages.

I'll put some pics up of what I want to do...in a bit.

Thanks

Torben
10-29-2004, 07:17 PM
Dunno on a source - maybe ask Mental. Sure would be cool to find a local machine shop where we could find a good set of machine tools (and maybe a CNC mill and/or lathe to come up with custom bits) :D
I have access to surfcam and other CNC apps along with other CAD apps to design custom bits n pieces. Nothing like writing CNC G code by hand tho . . . :rolleyes:

darkduc
10-29-2004, 07:52 PM
Honeycutt Machine in Mukilteo

http://www.honeycuttmachine.com/

If you can dream it, they can mill it. Tim, the manager, is my uncle. Give him a call.

Dave R
10-29-2004, 10:24 PM
The best motorcycle metal fabricator I know is in Ravensdale and his name is Reid Galbreth (Galco Engineering) He is hard to reach sometimes and does do e mail but he is an artist when it comes to doing high quality m/c fabrication. Next choice but not in the business of doing work for others for a living is a man named Jim Elms.. He too is a craftsman but works on his stuff mainly, but I may be able to help get you in if Reid is not available. Some Alfa guys may know Jim Elms as well. If you need a number for Galco give me a call at Ducati Seattle