PDA

View Full Version : securing fuel bottles in trailer

BUY LOW
03-29-2008, 10:50 PM
Any suggestions on how best to secure a couple of fuel bottles inside a trailer for track days?

I'm looking for something I can easily remove for times I'm using my trailer for non-track day events.

Also...while I've got your attention...besides a full tank on the bike, how many 5 gal fuel bottles do you knuckleheads take to the track?

Okay...one more question...any opinions on octane boosters for track days?

Austroitalian
03-30-2008, 01:05 AM
This is a simplistic tool that I used to employ when i used to transport race bikes in an enclosed truck.

Attach 2 folding tie-down loops or screw eyes at the height of the upper limit of the height of the gas jug handles, at about 3-4 feet apart (on the side of the trailer interior, usually toward the back).

Place the gas jug handles against the wall, and loop a tie-down through all the handles secured to the mounted loops. Cinch it up. No possibility of tip-over.

-Eric
--------------
ST4S
KTM 950 ADV
RD400
RZ350

bwhip
03-30-2008, 06:58 AM
I use one of these, with two screws into the floor. They work great.
http://www.pitposse.com/domo.html

BUY LOW
03-30-2008, 11:26 AM
Both good ideas. Any other ideas?

How many 5 gallon fuel bottles do you guys take to a track day? How many do you end up using in addition to a full tank on the bike?

Bong
03-30-2008, 05:03 PM
Full tank on bike and one 5-gallon can is enough to last for the day.

Nathan
03-30-2008, 05:37 PM
A couple screws and some plywood you could make that same box that is on the website.

Bong
03-30-2008, 05:51 PM
Oh and you shouldn't need octane booster, even at Miller elevations.