PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Bike

austin
11-03-2004, 12:56 PM
So I'm thinking (and planning for) about my second bike. I've been riding my little Blast around (a little over 1000 miles now) to learn on and am taking the safety course this weekend. I'd really like to get an S2R in February, but then I saw some pics of the 2004 800SS. So I'm thinking I may try and track down an '04 800 SS since they don't appear to be offering it for '05. Any opinions on the differences between the two bikes (maybe the M800 to the SS)??

Thanks.

Austin (looking to become a Duc owner)

CINDESMO
11-03-2004, 01:23 PM
Hi Austin,

There are 2005 800 Supersports. We sold one back in July! There should be another one arriving right before the show and then a few more in 2005. The 800cc bikes sell really fast, whether it is the monster or supersport.

Two-Push
11-03-2004, 03:09 PM
Hey, Austin, welcome and glad you haven't been sitting still on your Blast. Both the bikes you are considering are great, but offer different riding positions and styling. I'd say go see the crew at Ducati Seattle and sit on both of them and see what you like best. I prefer the monster style for its comfort, but it's hard to overcome the SS series for style.

Good luck finishing your MSF class. Absolutely the right thing to do.

Mat
11-03-2004, 09:25 PM
Austin, good buddy....hang a little loose.
Get on top of your existing scooter and learn to ride.
Ride that thing intil it is dirty, oily and 'whupped'.
You will know better what it is that you want when you
have found what 'ain't perfect' and what you 'love' about the one you have.
Ducks ain't cheep and unless you are related to Bill Gates you only have a
few bullets in your 'money' gun.
Pick your shots and take your time.
Ducks are WAY SWEET but you better know how to ride...'cuz
parts are expensive.
Hang off and hang loose...but hang for a while.
mp

austin
11-04-2004, 10:03 AM
Thanks for the feedback and info guys. Mat, I tend to think fairly far forward as far planning for this type of thing, trying to take into account lead times to actually get one of these bikes, etc... so that's why I'm asking right now.

Austin

Williespeed
11-04-2004, 11:35 AM
Hey Austin Mat has some good advice. But I thinkk after talking to you the few times you've been in your already on track. Let me know if you want me to set something up for you to view that SS I mentioned in my e-mail

austin
11-04-2004, 11:40 AM
Hey Bill, Thanks for that fast reply last night...I was expecting a couple of days or so. I'll let you know when I can give you a more solid time when we can arrange to see one. Leah says hi. Thanks again.

Williespeed
11-04-2004, 11:48 AM
Let me know when Just try and give me a couple days lead time to set it up with the guy. You klnow where to find me.