PDA

View Full Version : DesmoNorthwest Track Prepped PS LE

martys
04-06-2008, 08:45 PM
I finally had some time to mount the Flexiglass track fairing and prep the PSLE for its first track day for this year. I've been collecting stickers for two years and now I have some place to stick them :happy57: . The first one on after the "16" was the DNW transfer. It's not perfect but you get the idea.

the bottom piece of the fairing doesn't fit :( so I'm deciding if I should take a dremel to it or just run without it. Since I'm not racing I don't need it, but I'd like to complete the look.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2233/2394215621_bcf3e3fe3e_o.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3092/2394215897_580ebfd7ed_o.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2078/2395049594_dd84529de8_o.jpg

Norton992
04-06-2008, 08:50 PM
Sweet, the dual citizenship Marty decals really set it off. Now go tear up the track.

ddix
04-06-2008, 08:51 PM
looks great! do I detect a few raindrops on the windscreen? don't you just love the northwest! is it ever going to get warm?

Nathan
04-06-2008, 08:57 PM
Bikes always look better with out there mirrors. Nice job!

router.exe
04-06-2008, 08:59 PM
don't cut the belly pan...just get exhaust that fits in it:cool2:

martys
04-06-2008, 09:07 PM
Sweet, the dual citizenship Marty decals really set it off. Now go tear up the track.I have to thank Bill from the AntraCorsa team for the Marty stickers. They're actually an extra set he made for Marty Abbenhouse on the AC team and Bill was kind enough to give them to me.

Thanks Bill!

This will be the first chance to really shake out the PS after the winter transformation. Updated 999 wheels and brakes, race cams, power commander, custom map by Marty at DucSea, rear spring upgrade, front fork spring upgrade, suspension set by Barry at KFG, and the track fairing from Flexiglass. A couple of other mods, though not for the track, are a Cox Racing Group oil cooler guard and a dpcars.net tail light kit. Oh, and I invested in me a little too with superbike school and the upcoming 2fast school.

...now if I can just squeeze into my track pants form last year :p

martys
04-06-2008, 09:08 PM
don't cut the belly pan...just get exhaust that fits in it:cool2:or just run without it :cool:

Flyboy
04-06-2008, 09:49 PM
Well done, looks great!

Scottsst
04-06-2008, 09:52 PM
looking good Marty as if you bike was'nt allready cool lookin I don't think there is a thing you can do to a PaulSmart to make it look bad

kurtfriedrich
04-06-2008, 09:52 PM
stickers! How tasteless! Who would put stickers on a beautiful duc???

http://dadfriedrich.googlepages.com/Bones1med.jpg/Bones1med-full.jpg

Kurt

martys
04-06-2008, 10:00 PM

Kurt:foflmao: :lmao:
I need some stickers from one of the oil companies and of course the one I really want is the "I" sticker that's on your bike.

router.exe
04-06-2008, 11:01 PM

Kurt

your bike was kinda ugly kurt, so i guess stickers on that thing was 'ok':action027

ducmons
04-06-2008, 11:04 PM
...now if I can just squeeze into my track pants form last year :p

Maybe some Michelin man stickers for your track suit would be appropriate? :p

Bike is looking good Marty !!! I hope to see it and you in action this summer. :jumping41

martys
04-07-2008, 06:54 AM
Maybe some Michelin man stickers for your track suit would be appropriate? :p

Bike is looking good Marty !!! I hope to see it and you in action this summer. :jumping41sure, I'll be following you on the 998 :poke:

Bong
04-07-2008, 08:49 AM
Can't wait to see you and your PS in action on the track Marty!

I like the dnw, windscreen and "16" stickers. Everything else can disappear :o

Davidé
04-07-2008, 08:55 AM
Looks great Marty!

martys
04-07-2008, 08:56 AM
Can't wait to see you and your PS in action on the track Marty!

I like the dnw, windscreen and "16" stickers. Everything else can disappear :oI guess... it's one of those things you either like them or you don't. I'm giving it a little time to grow on me, if it bugs me later some of it will come off.

Funny, I once heard stickers slow you down 'cause it disrupts the surface aerodynamics :rofl, Given the battleship size of my aerodynamics, stickers are the least of my issues. :p

Marv
04-07-2008, 09:20 AM
I like the dnw, windscreen and "16" stickers. Everything else can disappear :o

I once overheard a sponsored rider question a non-sponsored rider who had stickers on his bike. The thrust of the comments were that it wasn't really proper for non-sponsored riders to be advertizing for non-contributing entities. That may have been because it would dilute the association a sponsored rider would have with his sponsor. I recall once at the pits in Bremerton at a TT event, Don Canet (Cycle World rider) was handed some cash, and then promptly affixed the sponsor's sticker to his bike.

Something to consider. . .

martys
04-07-2008, 09:42 AM
I once overheard a sponsored rider question a non-sponsored rider who had stickers on his bike. The thrust of the comments were that it wasn't really proper for non-sponsored riders to be advertizing for non-contributing entities. That may have been because it would dilute the association a sponsored rider would have with his sponsor. I recall once at the pits in Bremerton at a TT event, Don Canet (Cycle World rider) was handed some cash, and then promptly affixed the sponsor's sticker to his bike.

Something to consider. . .hmmm... I doubt anyone is going to pay me money to ride, maybe I should put an AARP sticker on it :happy57:

You guys are starting to guilt me into pulling these off :( I might have to get the hair dryer out before Wed.

Bong
04-07-2008, 09:45 AM
hmmm... I doubt anyone is going to pay me money to ride, maybe I should put an AARP sticker on it :happy57:

You guys are starting to guilt me into pulling these off :( I might have to get the hair dryer out before Wed.
It's your bike Marty so do what you want! :cool2:

CINDESMO
04-07-2008, 10:52 AM
Interesting...I am trying to think of a company that would be unhappy to see you advertising their product! When you buy an Arai they give you a sticker, when you buy a Pit Bull stand they give you a sticker, when you buy grips! they give you a sticker...I am pretty sure that they love to see people use them.

It is a bit odd when people run confilicting stickers like both Michelin and Pirelli or Sidi and Alpinestar, for example.

router.exe
04-07-2008, 11:00 AM
It is a bit odd when people run confilicting stickers like both Michelin and Pirelli or Sidi and Alpinestar, for example.

this is true...but in motogp you do see some riders wearing sidi boots and a berik suit....like capirossi for example..

martys
04-07-2008, 11:51 AM
Interesting...I am trying to think of a company that would be unhappy to see you advertising their product! When you buy an Arai they give you a sticker, when you buy a Pit Bull stand they give you a sticker, when you buy grips! they give you a sticker...I am pretty sure that they love to see people use them.

It is a bit odd when people run confilicting stickers like both Michelin and Pirelli or Sidi and Alpinestar, for example.ya, I get the conflicting tire stickers, but I do have Sidi boots and Alpinestar gloves. (and am looking for an Alpinestar suit). I've got Sidi stickers, I just didn't put them on for that very reason ;-)

Mitch
04-08-2008, 01:31 AM
It's your bike Marty so do what you want! :cool2:
:+1: I agree!