PDA

View Full Version : Italian Concours Thanks

Jalpa_Mike
09-01-2008, 10:19 AM
On behalf of the Board of Directors, I just wanted to thank EVERYONE for taking the time and effort to bring out their vehicles and motorcycles to the Italian Concours! Thanks to a late arriving FIAT 500, we actually beat the number of vehicles on the field from last year by ONE! hhahahaha..

We had a total of 28 Motorcycles on the field (including 15 Ducati's!)

I think if the weather would have been nicer in the morning, we would have had many more. In Des Moines, we enjoyed beautiful skies starting around 11am as we opened the gates to the public! As the day went on, it just kept getting sunnier and hotter!

Congrats to all the winners and we are already looking forward to next year! Once again, Cats Exotics has stepped up to be our Corporate Sponsor for 2009! THANK YOU, ROY!

As I said of the P.A. system throughout the day, all the thanks goes to you folks who take the time to bring your cars and motorcycles out! We really appreciate it, and the public loves seeing them as well. Also, thanks to everyone who purchased raffle tickets to support the Make-A-Wish Foundation! Looks like we crushed the amount of money we raised for them last year! Congrats to John White for winning the Scooter too! :-)

I'll be seeing you all throughout the year at various events, so until then, take care and THANK YOU once again!!!

Mike Wilson
Board of Directors
Italian Concours d' Elegance (sponsored by Cats Exotics)
http://www.italianconcours.org

KyuzoDaimyo
09-01-2008, 11:14 AM
It was a ton of fun to go there. I always enjoy a good car\bike show, but when the focus is all Italian it is all the better. The best part was this was this was Melissa's first car show of any kind, and the first time she has seen most of the cars and bikes there, so she was totally floored and had a great time, even if she did vote for a brand new Ferrari 430 as the best car.

I loved the 6 cylinder Benelli bike. I have seen it before, but every time I see one I stare at it for 20 minute straight. Its just amazing to look at.

Lotus54
09-01-2008, 12:27 PM
I loved the 6 cylinder Benelli bike. I have seen it before, but every time I see one I stare at it for 20 minute straight. Its just amazing to look at.

I haven't seen a Benelli sei for awhile. I owned one new and still wish I never sold it.

Here is my old one, still when it has the 6 pipes.
http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm256/lotus54/benellisei.jpg

Mark