PDA

View Full Version : Power Commander assistance

tonupyank
01-07-2005, 03:15 PM
Usually I'm hitting the DML site, but figured I should be here too. Have tried to teach myself the need for a PC3. I had my 6K service done at DS and while I was there had them cut the airbox and add a K&N. This adds to the Leo Vince himounts. So, I see a number of riders getting a PC3 added to the bike and getting the fuel map adjusted. Angelina (NOT named after the actress, but a classic Louis Prima song ;) ) ran great, still does, but seems to sputter a bit.

I'm wondering if I need to get her remapped and get a PC3??? I'm looking for two things here, one - a better understanding of the PC3 duties and third - how soon should I get this done??

Thanks Kids.....Cheers.

Yank.

foggy123
01-07-2005, 06:17 PM
First off glad to see a Bham rider!

My thoughts on the PCIII are it will even out the fuel delivery if dyno tuned by a component shop. Ducati's FI curve is like a one point curve in that you can set it and draw a straight line throught the RPM range (a gross oversimplification). With the PCIII you can adjust the curve to different (20)throttle positions. The curve becomes more dynamic so the bike should run smoother and better (maybe not more HP though).

I'm adding a PCIII usb this winter in the hopes to improve gas milage (low RPMs are rich) and hopefully increase HP. The sooner you do it the faster you will enjoy the benefits.

tonupyank
01-07-2005, 09:00 PM
Great, I was on the DML as 'smarty' but.........things change.

anyhoo....I guess my main concern, or question, is do I HAVE to use a PC3 with the intake/exit mods i've done.

I guess having a smoother fuel delivery would make a nicer ride, so I guess I just answered my own question, hey?!?!?

Just wondering where to spend my next dollars. :evilgrin3