PDA

View Full Version : Portland=gravel everywhere!!!

Rotten Randy
01-19-2005, 10:54 AM
Since the freeze last Sat they laid gravel all over the place. At some intersections there are patches 5-8 ft long in the center of the lane. Maybe I should have bought a dirt bike.... ;)

UKDuc
01-19-2005, 01:50 PM
Its like that around my work, although some of it is mercifully getting dissipated by all the cars. Had my car VERY sideways on it pulling out the other day. I think I'd rather have the ice for a day, than that stuff for months after the freeze. Anyhoot - gorgeous day today - will I take the time and the chance to go home and get my bike? Will it rain on my way home and drench me? This is what I am thinking right this second...... :happy57:

LittleMeanWolf
01-19-2005, 03:09 PM
"will I take the time and the chance to go home and get my bike? Will it rain on my way home and drench me?" - UKDuc

I'm about to go find out. =) Both I and the Monster need to stretch our legs.

- Wolf!

UKDuc
01-19-2005, 03:26 PM
I took the chance - had a meeting at 3 so it was maybe close, but all worked out. Was actually too hot while riding! Also, very paranoid about getting pinched for speeding for some reason. Anyway, glorious day. Oh, here is another quick moan - people who talk on mobile phones and so can't use their turn signals or actually go round turns properly - SO FRICKIN ANOYING!!!! :mad: Outlaw it asap I say.

Enjoy the weather :D Hope it doesn't rain on the way home.... :rolleyes:

LittleMeanWolf
01-20-2005, 08:32 AM
I ended up being quite dry on my rides yesterday.

What this has to do with Portland... oh yeah. Rain rain rain. Snow ice snow. Sand gravel who-knows-what's-in-that-deicer. Slide slide slide.

- Wolf, Were

green98gt
01-20-2005, 08:41 AM
De-icer= CMA (calcium, magnesium, acetate)

Mat
01-20-2005, 12:16 PM
De-icer= CMA (calcium, magnesium, acetate)

I always wondered what besides calcium was in that 'stuff'.
I have just assumed that it was slick....does anyone know?
Road rash and paying for parts.....inhale vigoriously.