PDA

View Full Version : Sportclassics

rvinoly
06-10-2004, 01:42 PM
Fellow Ducatisti,
Are there any of you who have signed up for a Sportclassic ? I'm in line for a Paul Smart, and am in the process of starting an owners' club (There is a placeholder at http://www.ducatiowners.com/ps1000/). Just curious if there are others out there......
RV

Torben
06-10-2004, 04:42 PM
Personally I'm not a huge fan. I like the more modern bikes, but they are definitely a part of the heritage.
Let us know when the new group is up :)

fujinator
06-10-2004, 04:59 PM
We're eagerly awaiting our GT 1000. I wanted a GT 750 "a long time ago" but both my wallet and ego sent me the way of the UJM.

/Carey.

Dave R
06-10-2004, 09:17 PM
oh Torben, you're such a young pup :D
The demand, judged by the reservations, has exceeded Ducati's expectations and so they have shortened the reservation period and it will now end on June 30th instead of August 31st. I have heard rumors of over 4000 bikes being reserved since Mar 1.. Ducati will only sell 4000-5000 SBK's (all models) around the World in 2004.

Torben
06-10-2004, 09:43 PM
Yep I'm a young pup when it comes to the Ducati scene. I just celebrated my 1st birthday :D

darkduc
06-10-2004, 11:53 PM
Break out the cupcake with the candle on top! Make sure it's a chocolate one from Costco, they rock!

I have to agree with Torben, I like the new bikes better as well but there is something 'classy' about the old styling.

I'm too much of a technoloy freak. I get pulled in by the neat bells and whistles we have on the new SBKs. Who'd have thought we'd see a production motorcycle with it's own network? Now if I can just figure out how to check my email.... :D

CPalacay
06-11-2004, 12:03 AM
I actually like the new sportclassics. Very cools looking machines, similar to the MH900 Evo in my young adolesent opinion. Wish I could afford one.

foggy123
06-11-2004, 11:55 AM
Would the reservation period ending sooner have anything to do with the sinking dollar vs. the euro. By ending the offer early it seems they could be saving alot of money if the trend continues for another year. I find it a little hard to believe that they wouldn't want to take peoples money and sit on it unless they could make more money by not taking it.

Dave- But how many Monsters will they sell in 2004? It seems to me the classics have more in common with the Monster. Afterall they already have the parts for the classics.

quasi_d
06-11-2004, 12:52 PM
Uh yeah...waiting patiently for the arrival of my GT. ;)

triple9kyle
06-29-2004, 08:34 AM
well all, i think tomorrow is the last day. so the paul smart limited edition comes with a green frame and ohlin's equip. hmmm...pretty tempting.
please does anyone have a picture of the proposed PS1000 with green frame??? i'm on the fence and need to decide if am going to reserve one.
Kyle.

rvinoly
06-29-2004, 01:11 PM
Kyle,
I've posted a pic of what the bike might look like (in the member galleries). It's not an "official" image, but close enough to whet the appetite. I'm on the waiting list, and am working with Ducati on getting a website and club going. You can check it out at:
http://www.ducatiowners.com/ps1000/
Hope this helps you get off that fence...... :)
RV