PDA

View Full Version : No cost mod

Teckhardt
02-04-2005, 02:41 PM
I got bored yesterday and since I am currently unemployed, I have no money for mods. I took a look at the front sprocket cover and thought, " I can vent that". :D

After some Dremel time, this is the result. Not perfect, but not bad for free.

austin
02-04-2005, 04:20 PM
That's funny that you posted it, cause I did that over the weekend last week as well since I just didn't want to pay for one..

Austin

TDAdams
02-04-2005, 08:33 PM
I paid $40 for a vented front cover that doesn't look any better than that. My friend, you don't need a job -- you need venture capital. :D

lll0228
02-04-2005, 10:13 PM
I paid $40 for a vented front cover that doesn't look any better than that. My friend, you don't need a job -- you need venture capital. :D

My sentiment exactly! LOL Can I help? :)

Mental998
02-05-2005, 11:52 AM
I got bored yesterday and since I am currently unemployed, I have no money for mods. I took a look at the front sprocket cover and thought, " I can vent that".

Cool. Now... you should pull your clutch side case and vent it. It's real easy to do and also free.

Teckhardt
02-05-2005, 04:48 PM
Cool. Now... you should pull your clutch side case and vent it. It's real easy to do and also free.

Maybe if I really get brave.

Mat
02-05-2005, 09:46 PM
Nice handywork!!
Good looking paint as well!
Tell me, so I will know....why vent this cover?
I don't think there is much heat here and the weight of the plastic or
aluminum removed equils about 1 shoe lace.
If for no other reason.....
It really looks sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and I guess that is the answer to my question.

Teckhardt
02-05-2005, 10:50 PM
Nice handywork!!
Good looking paint as well!
Tell me, so I will know....why vent this cover?
I don't think there is much heat here and the weight of the plastic or
aluminum removed equils about 1 shoe lace.
If for no other reason.....
It really looks sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and I guess that is the answer to my question.

I am sure that it gained me at least 1 HP :D

wwahl
02-06-2005, 10:49 PM
I received an aluminum one as an extra when I got my Charlie Smith clutch. The reason you need venting here is to recognize when grease build up occurs from the chain and remove it.
Ciao!
Bill

Mental998
02-07-2005, 08:20 PM
The reason you need venting here is to recognize when grease build up occurs from the chain and remove it.

That's a great line to tell your wife if you want to get a new vented cover ;) , but IMHO, o-ring type chains don't need anything more that a bit of WD-40 every now and then. I use WD-40 to clean all that thick crap off the chain as soon as I take it out of the box.

I do have a cool BFP C/F vented cover. I got it because I love C/F. :D

Jim is Cool
02-08-2005, 01:37 PM
but IMHO, o-ring type chains don't need anything more that a bit of WD-40 every now and then.

Oh man, that's a good troll... :) Ok, now I need the following topics covered and that will make this forum complete:

1. Synthetic vs. Dino Juice
2. Shafties can't wheelie
3. Fur vs. Carbon Fibre

Williespeed
02-08-2005, 05:43 PM
enough Dino juce and I am synthetic
it may be sick and wrong but shaftie can
I like fur, have you ever tried to cuddle with CF

Mental998
02-08-2005, 06:58 PM
Oh man, that's a good troll... :)

I would never do that. :rolleyes: