PDA

View Full Version : Long Winter (Off Season)

gregc
01-21-2009, 12:48 PM
I don't know about the rest of you but this off season with no riding is really starting to get under my skin. :lostmarbles::lostmarbles::lostmarbles::lostmarble s::lostmarbles:

Even this is starting to look pretty good!

What day is it?

:walkingdog::walkingdog::walkingdog::walkingdog::w alkingdog::walkingdog::walkingdog::walkingdog::wal kingdog::walkingdog::walkingdog::walkingdog::walki ngdog::walkingdog::walkingdog::walkingdog::walking dog:

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff259/s4rs888/dedicationrain.jpg

motodave
01-21-2009, 12:59 PM
try riding this morning w/ 28 degree temps and your head starts feeling like a popsicle freeze.:)

KyuzoDaimyo
01-21-2009, 05:57 PM
Riding in the rain and cold is like setting up a race bike, you are always looking to fix the weakest link. There is always something that is the coldest (or slowest for a race bike) part, and that is all you notice. When you fix it you are a bit warmer, but now something else is the coldest. Get better gloves and your neck is freezing, get a balaclava and now your hands are miserable. Heated grips, gloves, vests, it never ends, there is always something that is the coldest spot and it needs to be fixed. If youy ever are done with gear then the bike needs parts.

Of course, if you like buying new gear that can be kinda fun.

The next thing I need is better cold weather tires on my Multistrada. The Pilot Power's on there now are good in the wet, but they are way to squirrely below 40 degrees.

Rodney
01-21-2009, 09:09 PM
I still have a 3 foot strip of ice in front of my driveway and 2' high snow berms down both sides of our roads.
Its torture walking past the bikes on a daily basis
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa67/gonridn/IMG_0391.jpg

Scottsst
01-21-2009, 09:33 PM
OK Rodney you win I have no way to beat that !

Mitch
01-22-2009, 12:35 AM
:+1:

That makes what's west of the mountains look pretty mild.

sport1000
01-23-2009, 02:53 PM
Now is the time to mod your bikes! Spring will be here in a couple of months!

extremachn1
01-23-2009, 03:02 PM
Now is the time to mod your bikes! Spring will be here in a couple of months!

DAMN IT, Spring had better be in washington no later than Febuary 6th. That gives me 3 weeks to ride and relax before its back to Iraq and I dont want to spend it mopeing around because of the damn rain.

Someone, make a phone call and make it happen...:(