PDA

View Full Version : CA Superbike School 3-2/3 Laguna Seca 2-Day Camp

02-02-2009, 04:30 PM
After receiving the green light from the boss, I received confirmation for the CA Superbike School at Laguna Seca on March 2nd & 3rd. :happy44:

The price for the school is $2200 which gets you the following:

1 on 1 instruction for our Level IV attendees.
Over-Your-Shoulder video and reviews by our on-board video "coach"
Riding our beautifully prepaired 2007 Kawasaki ZX-6R's, with Dunlop tires.
Emergency stop training on our Braking Bike, with Ferodo brakes, naturally.
Riding the Lean Machine.
Riding the Slide Machine, when your are ready!
Lap times for daily review.
Maximum group size of 13 riders on-track.
Assigned on-track riding coach - only 2 students per coach.
Food and refreshments at the track.
Way too much track time: 14 to 16 on-track sessions.
AGV leathers/riding gear and KBC helmets provided.
A major surge in personal riding freedom and the finest training available on Earth.

I think there are still slots available is anyone is interested.

Ride report to coming in March.

Bong
02-02-2009, 04:52 PM
Good for you Todd, you're going to love that track and the training isn't bad either! Will be nice to have another DNW member join trackdays :-)

martys
02-02-2009, 05:57 PM
congrats, what levels are you taking for the two days?

02-02-2009, 05:57 PM
Good for you Todd, you're going to love that track and the training isn't bad either! Will be nice to have another DNW member join trackdays :-)

Thanks Bong. I've never had any formal riding training so I'm especially looking forward improving my cornering skills and riding at Laguna Seca is icing on the cake. :)

02-02-2009, 06:01 PM
congrats, what levels are you taking for the two days?

I signed up for level 1 since I've never even rode on a track. I'm sure there is plenty for me to learn.

martys
02-02-2009, 06:05 PM
you'll have a blast. dont forget to check out the forums on CSS' website for some helpful info for your first school with them. Cobie is very responsive to questions up there.

02-02-2009, 06:11 PM
you'll have a blast. dont forget to check out the forums on CSS' website for some helpful info for your first school with them. Cobie is very responsive to questions up there.

Thanks. Did you read any of Keith's books or watch any of his DVD's prior to the school? They recommend reading wist of the Wrist Vol 2 and the DVD Twist of the Wrist.

Of course I'm open to any pointers you may have prior to heading off to school.

Bong
02-02-2009, 06:37 PM
I read both Twist of the Wrist I and II...best advice I can give is to make sure to grab an instructor for pre and post track sessions critique. They are there for you so get the most of your school by engaging as much as you can.

You will have a new sense of appreciation for our ducs once you complete the course - you will want to take you Fogarty rep on the track all year long :jumping41

martys
02-02-2009, 06:44 PM
Thanks. Did you read any of Keith's books or watch any of his DVD's prior to the school? They recommend reading wist of the Wrist Vol 2 and the DVD Twist of the Wrist.

Of course I'm open to any pointers you may have prior to heading off to school.
I watched the first Twist DVD and read Twist II. I've gone back to Twist II several times and re-read sections specific to riding situations I've experienced and find it a continuous resource. You know the saying, the more you learn the better it gets - that couldn't be more true in riding.

Riding is like skiing to me, I've been doing it since high school but not until I took classes in recent years did I really start doing it right (or at least better) and enjoying it way more.

02-02-2009, 06:49 PM
I read both Twist of the Wrist I and II...best advice I can give is to make sure to grab an instructor for pre and post track sessions critique. They are there for you so get the most of your school by engaging as much as you can.

You will have a new sense of appreciation for our ducs once you complete the course - you will want to take you Fogarty rep on the track all year long :jumping41

I guess I better get the books/dvd on order. You can bet I'll be looking to get as much out of the instructors as possible. As much fun as I think the school will be I don't anticipate the boss will green light many more of these sessions.

Bong
02-02-2009, 06:56 PM
I guess I better get the books/dvd on order. You can bet I'll be looking to get as much out of the instructors as possible. As much fun as I think the school will be I don't anticipate the boss will green light many more of these sessions.

Soon you will be riding less on the road and more at places like Pacific Raceway, ORP, Thunderhill, Spokane, Infineon, Laguna Seca, etc...... :rolleyes:

Heck I'll join you! :happy44:

02-02-2009, 07:07 PM
Soon you will be riding less on the road and more at places like Pacific Raceway, ORP, Thunderhill, Spokane, Infineon, Laguna Seca, etc...... :rolleyes:

Heck I'll join you! :happy44:

I'm not sure how many track days I'll be doing, but I'm looking forward to riding Rattle Snake Grade, Hells Canyon etc. I'm sure the CSS will help me on the twistys.

Mitch
02-03-2009, 12:12 AM
Ahhhh ... they don't say "track days are like crack" for nothing.

Enjoy! :riding:

(We'll see how you feel in April. :happy57: )

02-03-2009, 08:20 AM
Ahhhh ... they don't say "track days are like crack" for nothing.

Enjoy! :riding:

(We'll see how you feel in April. :happy57: )

Thanks. I'm sure the course will be a blast.

Congratulations on your new MV. :cool2:

CaptainAmerica
06-27-2009, 06:02 AM
bump. Any updates on this? I am thinking about doing the same thing soon.