PDA

View Full Version : Recognition from the Ducati DOC

Torben
03-11-2005, 06:18 PM
Well folks, if you ever even had an inkling that we weren't a legitimate DOC affiliate, fret no more.
Today I received a rather large package from Italy with our 2005 DOC swag in it, including pins, stickers, a vinyl banner, a fabric flag and a nice plaque, all courtesy of Ducati for our very own little club.
It's been less than a year and we've received significant accolades and positive press from our parent organization in Bologna which is a testament to you the members, and to those that help on a daily basis keeping this community something we can all take pride in.
So to all of you, thank you so very much! - you are what makes this little corner of the interweb special.

Two-Push
03-11-2005, 06:30 PM
Yeah, so when are you going to start distributing this stuff to the rest of us? I say start with your older members first.

Torben
03-11-2005, 06:33 PM
How did I know I'd hear something about that from you? :happy57:
Everything will be distributed to those active members who come to our summer family BBQ - details coming soon

On a serious note, we have come a very long way in a very short period of time and the accomplishments you have all been a part of shouldn't be taken lightly.

We are the fastest growing and one of the most respected clubs in the world.

This is in large part due to you - so again we thank you for the distinction we posess. Let's keep it going!

Two-Push
03-11-2005, 08:57 PM
We are the fastest growing and one of the most respected clubs in the world.

They don't know about Wolf, do they?

flyingducman
03-11-2005, 09:08 PM
With the recognition bestowed upon the Club by Ducati perhaps this would be a good time to "recognize", and therefore give recognition to, those who have made this site what it is today.

I know that Torben had a major role in it's inception, and in it's ongoing efforts, but who are, or were, the driving forces behind the Desmo Northwest DOC?

What does does the future hold for the club? Is there a Board of Directors, or some other such group that works on the "direction" of the club? If not, is it time for such a group to come-together?

How about a State of The Club address Torben?

On another note, I've been a registered "user" for quite sometime. I was a little skeptical at first, when paid membership began, to pay money to join what appeared to be not much more than a bulletin-board.

However, I have recently had a realization that I've received "value" from this website/DOC and have decided to "contribute" something back (I was recently privy to some of the software costs associated with the site) by joining the club as a PAID member. Maybe there are others out there that are beginning to feel the same way. Look for my membership status to change very quickly, and I look forward to all of the benefits a paid membership has to offer. What were they again? :sign20:

Torben
03-11-2005, 09:17 PM
Very good point my dear boy.
The initial driving forces and the ones I have called to thank this evening are:

Leo aka lll0228
Jeff aka Darkduc
Bong aka Bong
Dave S aka DJS
Dave R aka Dave R @ DucSea

Critical past contributors include Charon aka Nate, Mikimoto aka Miki, Redracer aka Walter.

All of these people have contributed heavily to the success of our little world, and the recognition in large by Ducati. This is no small feat - a small segment of clubs were recognized for 2005 and we were fortunate to be selected.

As for the ongoing formal DOC portion of our community, formal documents are being drafted currently. We are now licensed with the state as an official non-profit with a business license. We will begin formal meetings this summer for all active DesmoNorthwest DOC members to ratify club rules and regulations as well as ask members what they would like me to bring up to the fine folks in Bologna when I travel to Italy this May/June for the World President's meeting.

We will also be holding special events for active DOC members, and the club as a whole this summer - these events are in the planning stages but please continue to watch for announcements as arrangements get finalized.

Thanks for asking :) I hope this begins to answer your very well timed questions.

flyingducman
03-11-2005, 09:21 PM
Careful, I may be the "old" man here :D

Greg

Torben
03-12-2005, 01:57 PM
They don't know about Wolf, do they?
I keep that one a secret - and for very good reasons :happy57:

Michael Wilson
03-14-2005, 05:15 PM
I'm interested in becoming a paid member of DNW but am not sure who or where to go about this. Please advise.
Mike

Torben
03-14-2005, 06:11 PM
Thanks for bringing that up :D I guess it's not as obvious as we had thought.
Payment can be made using Paypal through our site here
http://www.desmonorthwest.com/forums/subscriptions.php
Thanks again!

DesmoVro
03-14-2005, 06:58 PM
Torben-
Question: Will we be notified when our memberships are getting close to expiring so we can re-up, or is that something we figure out on our own?? Also, even though I'm a PDXer, I look forward to coming to club functions and becoming a part of the DOC. Congrats to all for making DNW the club that it is. .......Tighe

flyingducman
03-15-2005, 11:04 AM
Went to sign-up...but don't know which to choose :confused: .

What are the sponsorships? If I sign-up as a sponsor does that make me a paid-member? Or do I need to be a paid-member, then add a sponsorship to it?

What are the benefits of being a sponsor? And what do the different degrees of sponsorship offer?

Greg

Torben
03-15-2005, 11:08 AM
"Sponsorship" is designed for commercial sponsors, which are listed on the front page. For your purposes, unless you have a business you want to promote, and it's related to our community just stick with the DOC membership which is $30 per year.
Thanks! :D

flyingducman
03-15-2005, 11:38 AM
I just tried to sign-up using PayPal and got this crap-message :sign03: .

The seller will only ship to confirmed addresses. To complete this transaction, you will need to enter your information again.

Any idea why it was generated? Now I'm wondering what's going on with my credit card and the info I gave them???

I'll probably wait to see if my credit card is charged before trying again.

Holeshot
03-15-2005, 11:41 AM
"Sponsorship" is designed for commercial sponsors, which are listed on the front page. For your purposes, unless you have a business you want to promote, and it's related to our community just stick with the DOC membership which is $30 per year.

You just failed 'Sales 101'. :happy44:

j/k....

We went full boat because our little company makes way to much money so we need to write off a bunch, so we almost always sign up at the highest level regardelss of cost. And if you buy that.. I've got some Nevada oceanfront I'd like to tell you about.. :rolleyes:

FWIW, I've gotten a lot of traffic from my little banners here so I think it's worth the sponsorship from not only a business standpoint but a community standpoint by supporting the M/C community. Oh.. yeah.. and that little thing about riding a Ducati myself... :evilgrin3

Torben
03-15-2005, 01:44 PM
I just tried to sign-up using PayPal and got this crap-message :sign03: .

The seller will only ship to confirmed addresses. To complete this transaction, you will need to enter your information again.

Any idea why it was generated? Now I'm wondering what's going on with my credit card and the info I gave them???

I'll probably wait to see if my credit card is charged before trying again.

Haven't seen anything come in from you yet, so you weren't charged. Confirmed addresses is a thing Paypal started a while ago and it's hard to get rid of. If it's too much of a pain then just send in a check and I'll get you set up.

Torben
03-15-2005, 01:45 PM
Torben-
Question: Will we be notified when our memberships are getting close to expiring so we can re-up, or is that something we figure out on our own?? Also, even though I'm a PDXer, I look forward to coming to club functions and becoming a part of the DOC. Congrats to all for making DNW the club that it is. .......Tighe

I monitor all memberships and have reports I run on a regular basis to make sure that folks aren't left in the wings so have no fear.
Thanks for your continued interest and support!

flyingducman
03-15-2005, 02:56 PM
If it's too much of a pain then just send in a check and I'll get you set up.

What's the address?

Payable to Desmo Northwest?

Torben
03-15-2005, 02:59 PM
If you had a calendar you could always refer to that :p
Yes, payable to Demo Northwest
23237 se 262nd Ct
Maple Valley, WA

flyingducman
03-15-2005, 03:16 PM
The wife's gotten kinda tired of me hanging the "other" women in my life on the wall. Whatever happened to "look, but don't touch" being OK?

I guess I could keep the calendar in the glove-box with my Scotch :D

flyingducman
03-15-2005, 03:19 PM
Yes, payable to Demo Northwest

Pretty catchy company name. What exactly do you demo??? :sign20: