PDA

View Full Version : Ducati Roadside Assistance Hotline

ijji
07-14-2009, 01:40 PM
I was out on my 10 day super trip with the Monsters last week when the S2R started backfiring (or misfiring) during the stretch from Red Bluff, CA to Lake Tahoe by way of Hwy 36. Being concerned, I called the hotline when I arrived in Tahoe and the guy answers and just says 'hello'. I ask him if this is the Ducati hotline and he asks me to hold on so he could get to a different phone. He had a slow, Southern accent and when he picked up the other phone (in his house?) he said I had dialed the right number. I explained that I only wanted to know if there was an authorized mechanic in Reno. He rambled off four other locations including Las Vegas and San Francisco, and kept laughing in this weird way that had me wondering if I had really dialed the right number.

After he gave me the phone number for the Reno shop, he asked if I would like to hear a joke. Puzzled, I said sure. He asked if I was right or left handed. I said right, then he said he was left handed so he would tell the joke from his perspective. He asked me to make an "OK" sign with my thumb and finger on my left hand. Then he asked if I thought I could poke my head through the hole made by the thumb and finger. Playing along, I said that I didnt think so. He told me to hold the "OK" hand up to my forehead and then take the index finger of my other hand and poke my forehead. He proceeded to laugh and laugh, leaving me wondering if I really did have the right number.

When he finished being amused by his own joke, he asked my name and looked up my bike - told me what it was and how long ago I bought it. He asked if I wanted to have it towed and I said no, but thanks for the information. It was probably the most unusual assistance call I have ever had.

The bike ended up being just fine, but I still don't know why it was acting up.

Does Ducati farm out it's service center? From the Deliverance sounding drawl and level of humor this guy had, I'm beginning to wonder...

martys
07-14-2009, 05:24 PM
at least he didn't ask you to squeel like a pig. :happy57:

sport1000
07-14-2009, 06:32 PM
How bizzare!

ducatiscotty
07-14-2009, 08:19 PM
Not nearly as weird as your but it's along the same lines. I called DNA for some info a few years back & got a similar plain old "Hello" as an answer. I asked for some info but was told I'd have to leave a message since Bob wasn't in. I said "Bob isn't in? Is DNA made up of 1 guy named Bob?" The reply was yes. :eek:

motodave
07-14-2009, 08:30 PM
Ducati road side assistance is not a part of DNA, so yes it's farmed out.
You actualy caught somebody in a good mood!:happy57: