PDA

View Full Version : Squids, nuff said.

Bronston
08-30-2009, 11:09 AM
2 dead in Seattle-area motorcycle crashes
Two people have died in motorcycle crashes in the Seattle area, both apparently after performing stunts on their bikes.

By The Associated Press

Two people have died in motorcycle crashes in the Seattle area, both apparently after performing stunts on their bikes.

According to a Washington State Patrol report, a 1998 Honda CBR 600 driven by 22-year-old Walter T. Barron of Monroe hit a guard rail Saturday afternoon on State Route 522. Investigators say he apparently lost control while doing stunts just east of State Route 9.

Troopers also report that 22-year-old Shane P. Crowell of Olympia lost control of his motorcycle late Saturday night on an onramp to Interstate 90 near Quest and Safeco Fields in Seattle.

According to investigators, Crowell was attempting stunts when he was thrown over the handlebars of a 2007 Suzuki GSXR10 and over a guard rail, falling about 100 feet.

Copyright The Seattle Times Company

More Local News headlines...

ijji
08-30-2009, 11:16 AM
I was headed home from the fair going westbound on 522 and saw the aftermath. He flew over the rail and pieces of his bike (and other things) were scattered along the roadside in the westbound median for a good 150ft. or more. At the end of the debris trail was a spray bottle and a very bloody towel.

It is a shame that kids will never learn. I only wish these events would serve as a lesson. R.I.P.

Bong
08-30-2009, 11:30 AM
Everyone be careful out there... sad news :(

swassociates
08-30-2009, 11:31 AM
A shame, but also part of Darwinian evolution. Luckily they didn't take any innocent parties with them.

Heathbert
08-30-2009, 11:43 AM
A shame, but also part of Darwinian evolution. Luckily they didn't take any innocent parties with them.

I agree.

It's too bad tools like this give every sport bike rider a bad name.

desmo99802
08-30-2009, 03:20 PM
Just told tif about this. She tells me of all the M/C crashes that they get at Harbour Veiw all the time. Some not wearing helmets, jackets, or just a pair of shorts, t-shirt and SANDALS!!!! They had a guy in there that lost the lower half of a leg cause he crahed hard with no protective gear, let alone Stunting like idiots. It gives the rest of us and the M/C comm. a bad name. Don't mean to be raw, but they both got what they deserved. KEEP IT ON THE TRACK.

ducmons
08-30-2009, 03:28 PM
Sorry to hear we lost two young persons with their lives ahead. The loss of life saddens me. RIP.

Lotus54
08-30-2009, 04:22 PM
I know I've done dumb stuff before (don't have to think back too far either). But I don't do any stunting stuff on the street.
Ok, I've done wheelies on deserted roads, but not big huge ones either.

yeah, they may be been dumb, but it still makes me sad to hear of such things.
Be safe out there guys, even on the track don't push it too much.

Mark

Habanero
08-30-2009, 04:39 PM
You may not get a second chance when you screw up with the powerful toys available on the market.

There are some grief stricken parents out there, I feel for them.

wanaD
08-30-2009, 04:50 PM
You may not get a second chance when you screw up with the powerful toys available on the market.

There are some grief stricken parents out there, I feel for them.Oh gawd, their poor parents! And, they may have been good people who just hadn't learned to control their selfish acts or find safer outlets for them. Now, they never will. Fortunately for me, I've never taken out anyone doing some of my stupider acts. I try not to.

crfracer96
08-30-2009, 05:30 PM
tragic for sure.... I run into this often being in the military. Im fairly senior having 29 years of service and have to be the "role model" for the young kids. They look at me kinda cross eyed when i try to tell them to not be a dumbass on the road, from the seat of my 1198s. I challenge them to come off road riding and to participate in track situations if they must. Stunting is discouraged for those who must, encouraged in a parking lot, off public road environments. It is very sad to hear and see these reports and one wonders, where are the parents or a role models? My son at 19 got a gsxr 600 and is a very safe sane rider. I would jerk a knot in his tail if he was being an idiot on the road......

brad
08-30-2009, 05:50 PM
Stunts should always be done in a controlled environment where medical assistance is at the ready.

richmeyer
08-30-2009, 05:56 PM
Three simple little words; Graduated Licensing System.

swassociates
08-30-2009, 07:54 PM
Three simple little words; Graduated Licensing System.

Amen!

Sieg
08-30-2009, 10:19 PM
Amen!

Does that work two ways?

If so you'll only be able to ride your scooters in 14 or so years :action027

Heathbert
08-31-2009, 01:36 AM
Does that work two ways?

If so you'll only be able to ride your scooters in 14 or so years :action027

I don't know, sometimes a scooter is more dangerous...especially when round-abouts are involved. :happy57:

Sieg
08-31-2009, 05:57 AM
:violent09 http://desmonorthwest.com/forums/customavatars/avatar1518_1.gif

bafflebrain
08-31-2009, 07:47 AM
I came across a thread on Pnwriders about the person in the G1K:

http://pnwriders.com/westside/114096-rip-shane.html

As much as I hate seeing stuff like that on the street, I have to feel bad for the rider and his family. We've all done stupid things on the road and gotten away with it. This young person, in a momentary lapse of judgement, never got the second chance.

Habanero
08-31-2009, 08:04 AM
that guy sure picked a tightening tricky corner to wheelie into.

martys
08-31-2009, 09:41 AM
there's something to be said for draining the gene pool from the shallow end first, however, the aftermath to the families from a sudden tragic loss is not something anyone deserves or is prepared for. my heart goes out to the families.

I'm afraid this won't be the last story of this type we hear.

Cogs
08-31-2009, 09:44 AM
that guy sure picked a tightening tricky corner to wheelie into.

Indeed! Tamra and I happened upon the scene on our way home that night--must have been about an hour after it happened. We couldn't figure out what the cops were doing until we sae the GSXR all mangled up in the dark several feet away from where the activity was.

I can't think of a worse place to try some showboating. The incline of the onramp probably played a big part in it too.

I checked the PNW Riders forum late that night, just to see if anyone had said anything about it, 'cos we figured it was fatal what with the activity on the scene. Sure enough:

http://pnwriders.com/westside/114096-rip-shane.html

Really sad and stupid at the same time.

JetBrett
08-31-2009, 11:35 AM
RIP. There is a time and place for everything, but I think we've all been guilty of brief lapses in judgment at one point or another.