DesmoNorthwest Premier Sponsors
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mark and American Family insurance, no more?

Default Re: Mark and American Family insurance, no more?

Hi Everyone,

On Monday (yesterday), I was notified that my agency agreement with American Family insurance was terminated. I was an Independent Contractor with American Family and the company has the right to terminate an agency agreement without notice, and that is what they did. It's simply a matter that, on the whole I was not producing enough business to support them continuing my agreement. There is a clause in my contract that says if I went over the 2 year mark then they would owe me additional compensation. That 2 year mark was on 8/1/15, so they ended my agreement as of 6/8.

I am sorry that this had to come to light as it did because I haven't even received the notification in writing yet. Another agent in the area must have received my customer list and jumped right on it. That is the call that James received. FYI, any and all personal info that I collected is in my files and I will not be providing access to those files to anyone. The only info another agent has is what they can access on the American Family secure servers.

I want to thank everyone on DNW for the amazing support from this community. FYI, my little Book of Business was recognized as the highest quality book in all of WA in 2014. Since I started 22 months ago, I wrote $307,000 of annualized premium. I was actually awarded the National Sales Trip to Miami for performance in 2014, which takes place in July 2015. That award was based on Sales Performance, Quality, Retention of accounts and low claim history of my customers. It's a reflection of the great folks on DNW. Of course, I have customers outside of DNW but my best customers are from this community. It's quite interesting that an agency can be recognized in the top 10% nationally and be terminated. My status as a new agent is the reason. There are established agents not doing as well. In any case, it's an embarrasing business failure and quite a public one for me. I am grateful to all of you who supported me over the last 22 months.

I am confident that the insurance that was sold to members here is sound and I am very sorry that I won't be able to service your policies going forward. American Family is a great company for customers and at the same time they are very tough on their new agents.

I'll certainly be around and looking forward to great things ahead.

Best regards,

Mark
    Last edited by Mark; 06-09-2015 at 11:11 AM.

You have our full support Mark. Wish you all the best.

Capitalism at its worst. That's awful.

Let us know when you land at a new firm, so we can switch our insurance as fast as possible.

That's really unfortunate Mark. I'm sorry. Thank you for everything you do here for the club and also for what you've done for me and my family as your customer. This is a crappy turn of events.

However, I must take exception to one statement you made below. This episode should be viewed as anything but an embarrassing business failure. To the contrary, you are highly regarded by your customers (all of us) and obviously very successful as an independent agent (the awards speak to that).

1979 Darmah 900 SSD
    2014 Multistrada 1200 S Pikes Peak
    Bellevue, WA

Just having fun.

That sucks Mark. Let us know when you get hooked up with a new insurance company, if that's your plan, and we'll try again to switch over to you. Unbelievable that they can dump a top 10% agent.

Personally, I wasn't impressed with American Family. Mark was awesome, but AF seemed unreasonably risk averse. One minor home owners insurance claim (robbery, <$4K) over 10 years was too much for them. Nevermind that I've been driving for 25 years without a single accident or claim. In hindsight I'm glad they didn't want us, as I'd be pissed that Mark was no longer my agent.
    2014 Moto Guzzi Griso SE
    2011 Aprilia RSV4 (race)
    WMRRA #98
    Race Support: Moto International - Dunlop - Canright Const. - KFG Racing - Speeddealer Motors - Motobits Rearsets
    Race Website:
    http://illudiumq36racing.weebly.com/

Echoing what others have said, this really sucks given how well you were doing individually. On one hand this is a blow, on the other hand you have a beautiful Northwest summer to reset and plan your next venture. You'll be back, we all know it and look forward to it.
    2010 MTS 1200s / 08 Vespa GTV 250

Yeah let us know, Mark. And my wife and I will gladly switch over to your new outfit.

Thank you all very much.

New adventure's ahead!!

I'm sorry to hear the turn of events. It sounds like it was out of your hands.
    2010 Hypermotard 1100 EVO SP l Full Termignoni 2-1 Exhaust l Corse Dynamics Velocity Stacks l UNI Air Filters l Remote Crankcase & Idle Air Filters l Reflashed ECU l PC5 & Custom Dyno Tune l 1098 SF Clutch Cover l DP Skid Plate l Corse Dynamics Oil Fill & Drain Plugs l Speedymoto Frame & Axle Sliders l Reservoir Covers l DP Racing Seat l Tailtidy l 190/55 Rear l

Mark,
    I am very surprised and saddened by this news. I do wish you the best in the future.
    Oh thank you for your help in looking into insurance for my business even though it didn't work out I am greatly appreciative of your professionalism.
    Keep your chin up and cheers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information