DesmoNorthwest Premier Sponsors

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sidi boot repair

Default Sidi boot repair

so I was pulling on my SIDI boots tonight and one of the zipper pulls broke off. ugh! I've been to the SIDI site but can't figure out how to send it in for repair. An ideas? Can I just bring it into the store where I bought them? I'm pretty sure they're less then a year old.
    2010 MTS 1200s / 08 Vespa GTV 250

Default Re: Sidi boot repair

You could also take it to any good leather/shoe repair place & they should be able to handle it. I did that with my Sidi once
    Proud owner Ducati 1198S Corse edition #070

How about a keychain ring to use as the pull?

Quote Originally Posted by Bong
    How about a keychain ring to use as the pull?
    ya, I've done that before with jacket zipper pulls. I could use saftey wire too

I've used a nylon zip-tie to replace a broken zipper pull.
    Steve - M620D, lots of carbon bling and other totally ridiculous modifications for a lowly 620.

ya, there's a number of hacks to move the zipper up and down. I'd like to get it actually repaired since it's less then a year old.

Quote Originally Posted by martys
    so I was pulling on my SIDI boots tonight and one of the zipper pulls broke off. ugh! I've been to the SIDI site but can't figure out how to send it in for repair. An ideas? Can I just bring it into the store where I bought them? I'm pretty sure they're less then a year old.

When my Roadcrafter sleeve zipper pulls wore through and fell off, I took a heavy-duty paper clip, cut it in half leaving some overlap, inserted it in the hole of the zipper slider, and then soldered the overlapping portions of the paper clip together. Seems to be working well. A standard paper clip it isn't sturdy enough to withstand the rigors of pulling on it, and it will bend.

That said, if you can implement a proper repair, that would be better.
    '08 ZX-14

Quote Originally Posted by martys
    From Motonation.com, click FAQ's and then SIDI FAQ's...Here's the jist of it as a fellow SIDI owner...

What kind of Warranty do Sidi boots have?
    All Sidi products have a two-year from purchase date warranty on workmanship and/or materials. Warrantee covers the original buyer only and is not transferable. If the item in question does fall under warranty Motonation, at its discretion, will cover the repair or replacement of the item. Crash damage or improper motorcycle starting procedures are NOT covered under warranty!

Motonation reserves the right to repair or replace, at our discretion, any valid warranty claim. All warrantee claims must be accompanied by a copy of the original invoice from where the item was purchased.

In addition to providing complete warranty repair or replacement for your item Motonation also offers comprehensive repair services at reasonable prices (cost varies with work required). This added service is helpful when you experience a difficulty that is not covered under warranty.

A Return Authorization Number is required in order for us to begin processing a warranty claim or repairing your item. To obtain an RA# or discuss a problem that you may be experiencing with your boots you may call us at 619-401-4100. You will be responsible for the cost of shipping the boots to us: If your problem is covered under warranty Motonation will pay for the return freight. It will be sent UPS Ground unless you request more immediate handling. Motonation will then charge the customer for the difference between UPS Ground and the requested handling.

Ah, 2 years! that's great. I doubt I can find my receipt, I bought them at EMS last fall, maybe I can get a copy from their sales computer.

thanks for finding that info.

Marty,
    Part # 032-12-9819 w/ invoice # 00421869
    just provide one or both to Patrick at the parts counter and he will get you set up right.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information